Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2022 edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2022 edition

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2023, 4:36 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club - Silver, Nectar, Tesco
Well, this day ends with a very happy IJN Harekaze who has achieved the lofty heights of Bronze about 19 hours ahead of what I had worked out...

The membership year has an end date of 8th March still though - is that normal? First time I have upgraded, so unclear as the card expiry date now has an end date of 2024
Old Mar 2, 2023, 5:23 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Well congratulations to you! Bronze has benefits. Silver is the sweet spot for many and easily achievable with the current double TP offer. Worth considering?

Anyhow, if you've went from Blue to Bronze, you will be Bronze until the end of your tier point collection year PLUS the following 12 months.

So assuming your TP year ends on 8th March 2023 then your Bronze until 30th April 2024 as the card expiry date is the end of the month AFTER your tier point collection year.

More info in the BA Forum Dashboard.
Old Mar 6, 2023, 2:17 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by KARFA
When you qualify for a status you get the rest of that current membership year and one full membership year after. You card expiry is updated at the time you cross the threshold to reflect this.

If you are just renewing then your card expiry doesn't change until your year end, and at that point another year is added.
In that case may some kind person tell me if I am correct please. I am BAEC Blue and always have been. My tier point earning year ends 8/6/2023 but I would have reached Bronze by the end of this April so I would hold on to that until 8/6/24. Now, by mid December,23 I will have reached Silver with 660 points in all with an SA trip Wt+ cash upgraded to CW with Avios, a double tier points BAH to Greece and a return cash CE trip to The Canaries so does that mean that I will hold on to Silver from that day until 8/6/25?
Many thanks

I am completely new to this Tier points business
Old Mar 6, 2023, 4:12 am

does that mean that I will hold on to Silver from that day until 8/6/25?

Yes as your going up another level. So, you'll be Silver from December 2023 until 31st July 2025 as you will keep Silver benefits until the card expiry date (which is the last day of the following month)

If you want to keep/retain Silver then you'll need 4 eligible flights and 600 TPs from 9th June 2024 until 8th June 2025 to keep Silver from June 8th 2025.
Shingi likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2023, 6:06 am

Thank you very much for confirming it. It is now crystal clear.
PETER01 likes this.

Last edited by Shingi; Mar 6, 2023 at 7:27 am
Old Mar 6, 2023, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by Shingi
Thank you very much for confirming it. It is now crystal clear.
I hope you'll enjoy Silver when it happens. It really is the sweet spot for many
Shingi likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2023, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by PETER01
I hope you'll enjoy Silver when it happens. It really is the sweet spot for many
Oh I will, I’ll make sure of that!
PETER01 likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2023, 4:26 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze, Mucci recipient
Originally Posted by Shingi
In that case may some kind person tell me if I am correct please. I am BAEC Blue and always have been. My tier point earning year ends 8/6/2023 but I would have reached Bronze by the end of this April so I would hold on to that until 8/6/24. Now, by mid December,23 I will have reached Silver with 660 points in all with an SA trip Wt+ cash upgraded to CW with Avios, a double tier points BAH to Greece and a return cash CE trip to The Canaries so does that mean that I will hold on to Silver from that day until 8/6/25?
Many thanks

I am completely new to this Tier points business
Further to the responses from @PETER01, can I clarify whether you will earn those 660TP after 9 Jun 2023? Or are you counting the TP that you earned to reach Bronze?

If it is the former, then yes, you will be Silver until 31 July 2025 (you have status until the end of the month following your TP year end)

If you are counting the TP that you get before 8 Jun 2023 in your 660 total then you may not have enough TP to reach Silver status as any TP earned by 8 Jun 2023 will reset to zero on 9 Jun 2023. You will however retain Bronze status until 31 Jul 2025 if you earn 300TP by mid December 2023.
Shingi likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2023, 1:09 am

Yes the 660 points will be earned between this August and December.
Thank you
PETER01 and AJA_ like this.

Last edited by Shingi; Mar 7, 2023 at 1:24 am
Old Mar 9, 2023, 12:10 pm

My other half is a gold card holder and his tier point collection end date was yesterday. He achieved over 1500 tier points so didn’t need the reduced thresholds to qualify. His membership end date is still showing as 23 rather than being extended to 24. We can’t remember does it take awhile for the extension to show on the APP? I benefited from the reduced thresholds so was extended a while ago already showing on my APP but as he was already over the 1500 points he didn’t hear anything. Hope this makes sense. Many Thanks
Old Mar 15, 2023, 4:47 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Please could someone PM me the GGL email address so I can send in some documents to help with a missing flight claim? Thanks
Old Mar 15, 2023, 9:50 am

Programs: BAEC Gold/ GGL / Avis Preferred/ Hilton Honours Diamond
Originally Posted by MaxFlyer
Please could someone PM me the GGL email address so I can send in some documents to help with a missing flight claim? Thanks
Just in case you don't get a pm with the GGL email address, my understanding is this, in order to get it from BA, you need your GGL verified. Once you have done this they normally just give it out over the phone. I see from your profile you are GGL, so perhaps you never needed it before. Also having recently emailed them, they also required me to verify my some of GGL and BAEC account details before they would respond to my inquiry (by email).
Old Mar 15, 2023, 3:03 pm

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by m8_rotate
Just in case you don't get a pm with the GGL email address, my understanding is this, in order to get it from BA, you need your GGL verified. Once you have done this they normally just give it out over the phone. I see from your profile you are GGL, so perhaps you never needed it before. Also having recently emailed them, they also required me to verify my some of GGL and BAEC account details before they would respond to my inquiry (by email).
Hello and yes I’ve never needed to email GGL before. Not received a PM yet so if I don’t get a response I’ll try requesting it directly from the GGL team.
m8_rotate likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2023, 7:06 am

Apologies if this is covered upthread but I'm trying to figure out if a AA coded flight operated by Aer Lingus earns TPs?

And greetings to anyone who remembers me
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2023, 12:50 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by windowontheAside

And greetings to anyone who remembers me
I remember you Welcome back.
Coincidentally I am sitting by the window on the A side.
windowontheAside likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.