Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2022 edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2022 edition

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2023, 5:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, FB Gold, Bonvoy Titanium / LTP, Accor Plat
I flew CGK-HKG-HND return on Cathay. Premium economy, R fare both ways, which BA.com says should earn at 100%. Out end of Dec, back early Jan.

No avios or TPs awarded and my missing miles request for the outbound sectors have just been rejected. No communications from BA. Am I missing something here? Is there a way to escalate? My BA number was in the booking and on the boarding passes.
Old Jan 16, 2023, 8:50 am

Programs: Virgin / BA
TP run or points needed

Hi all, my TP collection year ends March 8th and I am likely to be 250 or so points short for the year. Any good runs available? Berlin based but work from the UK midweek each week - mainly London but can be flexible with dates and locations to find a decent value run.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Normally status would be achieved easily but a mix of BA let downs and shocking availability has meant i'm struggling to make my goal!

Status runs until end April so worst case would be a 600 point run between March 8th and 30th April

Massive thanks in advance.
Old Jan 16, 2023, 10:17 am

Programs: BA Gold; LHW Sterling; SLH Inspired; Hilton & Marriott Gold; HT P9; (ex) AA survivor; Harrods Gold
Originally Posted by bzado
Currently sitting at 1080TPs, year end Jan 8th. I’m short 80TPs due to a reroute off BA to FI from KEF to LHR in the end of December. I’ve filed the ORC claim via the webform Dec 31st because the call center said that they can’t help me due it to it being a non-Oneworld reroute.

Rather worried that I will not get a response before my year end and then it’ll be much harder to claim it back thereafter (and I’m just 45TPs short of Gold).
To follow-up on this, I contacted BA about this again about a week ago and they have now updated my account by removing 80 Tier Points. In their email, they claimed that the original booking was a redemption (which it was not - it was originally UuA that was converted into an e-Voucher) and consequently not only failed to credit me the TPs I was due for the return leg but now took away TPs for the original leg. Absolutely unbelievable. Naturally, I cannot respond to the email either. What can I do to follow-up on this? I do have a case number but it is not immediately obvious where I can use this. Just abysmal customer service.
Old Jan 16, 2023, 10:26 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
just to be clear, you originally had a cash booking with you UuA'ed? so would have only been due say 20 TPs?

you then took a FTV for that so got a cash evouhcer - so yes at that stage the basis of your original booking is rather irrelevant.

so you used that cash evoucher towards a new cash booking for KEF-LHR in club?
Old Jan 16, 2023, 10:35 am

Programs: BA Gold; LHW Sterling; SLH Inspired; Hilton & Marriott Gold; HT P9; (ex) AA survivor; Harrods Gold
Originally Posted by KARFA
just to be clear, you originally had a cash booking with you UuA'ed? so would have only been due say 20 TPs?

you then took a FTV for that so got a cash evouhcer - so yes at that stage the basis of your original booking is rather irrelevant.

so you used that cash evoucher towards a new cash booking for KEF-LHR in club?
Thanks for the response, happy to clarify.

I originally had a cash booking in premium economy from LHR to YUL (3,500 GBP) that was UuA'd to Business on the outbound. I was denied boarding onto that flight and the Avios from the UuA were returned to me and the cash value was converted into an FTV.
Then, the FTV I used for a flight from LHR-KEF & KEF-LHR both in Club. I was initially credited Avios+TP for the first leg (LHR-KEF) but not the second (KEF-LHR) as the second flight back was scheduled on 19Dec, then rescheduled for the 20th, then onto the 21st (due to inclement weather). Furthermore, the 21st, BA Ticketing screwed up and booked me onto a flight on a day in the past, and took so long to resolve it, that I ended up being involuntarily rerouted onto an FI flight the next day (eventually leaving the 22nd).

I contacted BA about the missing TPs on 31 Dec., and then followed-up by calling in on 9th Jan. Today, I received the email and update in my account wherein Avios and TPs were taken away for the outbound flight.

Edit for general amusement:
This is now my status for 2023:
typical, alex67500 and bruce_ckw like this.

Last edited by bzado; Jan 17, 2023 at 8:45 am Reason: Adding a picture
Old Jan 17, 2023, 4:35 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by typical
I flew CGK-HKG-HND return on Cathay. Premium economy, R fare both ways, which BA.com says should earn at 100%. Out end of Dec, back early Jan.

No avios or TPs awarded and my missing miles request for the outbound sectors have just been rejected. No communications from BA. Am I missing something here? Is there a way to escalate? My BA number was in the booking and on the boarding passes.
Same here mate. Took 4 CX flights, claims submitted for all legs. Two of them were rejected without any explanation. I'm waiting for the remaining two to be rejected and will raise a query in BA supporting documents afterwards.
typical likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2023, 6:49 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, Marriott Platinum
I am also missing credit from Cathay LAX-HKG-SIN which would put me to Silver. Submitted request but not super hopeful at this point
Old Jan 17, 2023, 7:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, FB Gold, Bonvoy Titanium / LTP, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Ausscot
I am also missing credit from Cathay LAX-HKG-SIN which would put me to Silver. Submitted request but not super hopeful at this point
Sounds like the issue is worth its own thread at this point.
Old Jan 18, 2023, 12:03 pm

Programs: KA "The Elite"
Hi there!
Flying Aer Lingus operated flight, but marketed by IB. Any chance I get avios on this one with BA, or is IB Plus the only option to get something credited?
Cheers!
Old Jan 18, 2023, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by longliveKA
Hi there!
Flying Aer Lingus operated flight, but marketed by IB. Any chance I get avios on this one with BA, or is IB Plus the only option to get something credited?
Cheers!
You can earn with IB or EI; you will not earn with BAEC. See the codeshare table here:
https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...-avios/flights
Old Jan 18, 2023, 12:19 pm

Programs: KA "The Elite"
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
You can earn with IB or EI; you will not earn with BAEC. See the codeshare table here:
https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...-avios/flights
Thank you for the quick answer!
Old Jan 18, 2023, 6:50 pm

This is now my status for 2023:
Fascinating update here - I have just been upgraded to Gold but I still have negative Tier Points. I wonder if I am the first person to ever get upgraded with -1 flight and -80TPs on the year!
Old Jan 18, 2023, 6:58 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Fascinating update here - I have just been upgraded to Gold but I still have negative Tier Points. I wonder if I am the first person to ever get upgraded with -1 flight and -80TPs on the year!
I've not read the history here but is it because you had points and a flight showing this year and they were then credited retrospectively to the previous year resulting in the upgrade and the negative points once they were moved to your previous year and then you were reset?

I don't recall ever seeing anything like this before.
bzado likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2023, 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by golfmad
I've not read the history here but is it because you had points and a flight showing this year and they were then credited retrospectively to the previous year resulting in the upgrade and the negative points once they were moved to your previous year and then you were reset?

I don't recall ever seeing anything like this before.
I was involuntarily rerouted on FI as part of a huge mess coming home from KEF to LHR in Dec' 2022 (two cancelled flights due to inclement weather followed by a ticketing screw-up). That situation resulted in me narrowly missing my Gold qualification by 45TPs. BA then took away the TPs and Avios for the outbound flight to Iceland instead of crediting me for the inbound flight this year, but somehow still ended up upgrading me in the end. I am overjoyed that I made it to Gold in the end, but it's still really rather strange that I have -1 flights showing for 2023.

Edit: I got a negative flight and TP balance because my TPs were taken away after my annual reset

Last edited by bzado; Jan 18, 2023 at 7:04 pm Reason: Clarification
Old Jan 18, 2023, 7:08 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
I was involuntarily rerouted on FI as part of a huge mess coming home from KEF to LHR in Dec' 2022 (two cancelled flights due to inclement weather followed by a ticketing screw-up). That situation resulted in me narrowly missing my Gold qualification by 45TPs. BA then took away the TPs and Avios for the outbound flight to Iceland instead of crediting me for the inbound flight this year, but somehow still ended up upgrading me in the end. I am overjoyed that I made it to Gold in the end, but it's still really rather strange that I have -1 flights showing for 2023.

Edit: I got a negative flight and TP balance because my TPs were taken away after my annual reset
You may be the first person in history who will require 5 qualifying flights this year and 1580 points
Although I suggest you go back to BAEC now and get them to sort that out now.
squawk and bzado like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.