Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2022 edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2022 edition

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2022, 3:40 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze, Mucci recipient
Originally Posted by tomtaylor23
Is there a way to avoid the BA segments for BA Gold? I'm based abroad and so not able to always fly BA.
No, you basically need the 4 eligible flights but you can fly on other OW metal as long as it is BA marketed ie has a BA flight number so for example BA codeshare (flight number) on Qatar Airways metal with BA would count as would AA metal with a BA flight number. Or BA flight number on IB metal or IB flight number on IB metal.
Old Dec 31, 2022, 2:57 am

Programs: TK Elite, FB Gold
Hi FTers,
Hoping you could help me decide where to credit my upcoming Japan trip.

I've booked some round-trip tickets with JAL that would net me around 18k with Malaysia or Japan Airlines, 17K with either AA, or Iberia, 16k with Flying Blue, Cathay Pacific or 10k with British/Flying Blue/Emirates. As I'm based in Germany and collecting Miles&More, I don't know which of these programs make the most sense to put the miles into. I know I'd like to avoid Flying Blue since the dynamic prices for redeeming miles is a PIA.

It seems either Iberia, British or Finnair would make the most sense since I can easily redeem these miles on European routes, prices are more or less fixed and I can top up if I still need miles from my AMEX Rewards program. Any particular one you would recommend where the miles would be good for 1-2 years and provide the best redeeming value?

Thank you!
Old Jan 1, 2023, 11:33 am

Need 300TPs to get to silver, it would be a huge benefit next year to avoid some Ł500+ seat selection fees and lounge access for SH flights.

My collection year ends early March, so would like any tips for a risk-averse approach during the winter months!
Old Jan 1, 2023, 12:05 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold/ GGL / Avis Preferred/ Hilton Honours Diamond
Originally Posted by jamestg
Need 300TPs to get to silver, it would be a huge benefit next year to avoid some Ł500+ seat selection fees and lounge access for SH flights.

My collection year ends early March, so would like any tips for a risk-averse approach during the winter months!
4 x LHR - DUB day trips will cost circa 728gbp, this price (182 rtn day trip in CE) is available in Jan / Feb and Mar 23. You could look at a JER LHR OTP or SOF rtn or even an INV LHR OTP or SOF, however pricing for that is around 500gbp plus, and then you have to factor getting to INV or JER in CE and the Hotel costs, this goes above 728gbp, also where are you based? What is your best airport etc, this info helps people understand your plight and give better advice. Good luck.
Old Jan 3, 2023, 11:14 am

Programs: BA Gold; LHW Sterling; SLH Inspired; Hilton & Marriott Gold; HT P9; (ex) AA survivor; Harrods Gold
Currently sitting at 1080TPs, year end Jan 8th. I’m short 80TPs due to a reroute off BA to FI from KEF to LHR in the end of December. I’ve filed the ORC claim via the webform Dec 31st because the call center said that they can’t help me due it to it being a non-Oneworld reroute.

Rather worried that I will not get a response before my year end and then it’ll be much harder to claim it back thereafter (and I’m just 45TPs short of Gold).

Any tips? Should I maybe contact our amazing helper on this forum? Don’t want to be a pest needlessly.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 2:52 am

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, HH G, BR Diamond/*G, BAEC Gold, Hertz PC
[deleted]

Last edited by BR787; Jan 7, 2023 at 4:13 am
Old Jan 8, 2023, 5:49 am

Hello,
I tried to google this everywhere and can't find a response. I hope this is ok to ask.
Will I get avios if I book flights through BA shopping and using booking.com?
joorinainen likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2023, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by etoos92
Hello,I tried to google this everywhere and can't find a response. I hope this is ok to ask.Will I get avios if I book flights through BA shopping and using booking.com?
Interesting question now that you can book flights via Booking.com

i think you will be disappointed if you are hoping to get the 8 Avios per Ł currently on offer for booking.com purchases made via the estore as the T&Cs only mention receiving Avios for completed hotel stays. There is no mention of flights or car hire. I think you will receive Avios and TP for the flights themselves as you do when booking via an OTA such as Expedia
Old Jan 9, 2023, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by AJA_
Interesting question now that you can book flights via Booking.com

i think you will be disappointed if you are hoping to get the 8 Avios per Ł currently on offer for booking.com purchases made via the estore as the T&Cs only mention receiving Avios for completed hotel stays. There is no mention of flights or car hire. I think you will receive Avios and TP for the flights themselves as you do when booking via an OTA such as Expedia
Thanks. I figured it won't work as using the link on BA shopping on my laptop sends me to a version of the website were flight booking is blocked. It's only possible via the mobile app.
Old Jan 10, 2023, 2:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
How long should it take for missing Avios to be credited?

We took a flight on LA on 21 December, and our BA numbers are on the boarding passes. After not receiving the Avios in a week, I filed the missing Avios forms on 28 December. Almost two weeks later, our missing Avios claims still show just as "Submitted" with no additional information. How long should I wait before calling to follow up?
Old Jan 12, 2023, 12:36 pm

Programs: Virgin Flying Club Red, Emirates Skywards Blue, BA Executive Club Blue, Amex BA
I'm confused, who is right in terms of Avios I will earn? Qatar or BA? I have no status with either airline.

Old Jan 12, 2023, 12:44 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by GodAtum
I'm confused, who is right in terms of Avios I will earn? Qatar or BA? I have no status with either airline.
If you are using BA Executive Club, you earn as per the BA chart in your second photo.
GodAtum likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2023, 1:34 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by GodAtum

are you on a QR or BA flight number?
KARFA likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2023, 8:48 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HH Gold, GHA Discovery Titanium
4 Qualifying Flights

Hi everyone,

Last year I flew HKG-LHR via DOH and had 2 flights "operated" by BA. This means they were BA planes (between DOH and LHR), BA staff etc. They were absolutely BA flights. I purchased the tickets on Qatar Airways, not BA, so they had QR flight numbers. I was shocked to learn that BA did not count those as qualifying flights, even though per their own rules these were "operated" by BA (i.e. it was a BA plane). I had 4 attempts arguing with them, calling via the Gold line and by writing to them, but to no avail. They would not treat them as qualifying. I simply gave up and took some extra BA flights to ensure I had 4. I'm wondering whether anyone has come across this before.

I am now considering flying the same route this year (HKG-DOH-LHR + return) but booking the ticket on BA stock on BA.com. This means I would have 4 Qatar Airways flights, all operated by QR, but since they are purchased on BA.com they would have BA flight numbers. Is there any certainty that these would be counted as "qualifying flights" any more than the example above? I don't want to be in the same position where I've taken the flights, on a BA flight number, but still get rejected...

Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 15, 2023, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by AJGold
Hi everyone, Last year I flew HKG-LHR via DOH and had 2 flights "operated" by BA. This means they were BA planes (between DOH and LHR), BA staff etc. They were absolutely BA flights. I purchased the tickets on Qatar Airways, not BA, so they had QR flight numbers. I was shocked to learn that BA did not count those as qualifying flights, even though per their own rules these were "operated" by BA (i.e. it was a BA plane). I had 4 attempts arguing with them, calling via the Gold line and by writing to them, but to no avail. They would not treat them as qualifying. I simply gave up and took some extra BA flights to ensure I had 4. I'm wondering whether anyone has come across this before. I am now considering flying the same route this year (HKG-DOH-LHR + return) but booking the ticket on BA stock on BA.com. This means I would have 4 Qatar Airways flights, all operated by QR, but since they are purchased on BA.com they would have BA flight numbers. Is there any certainty that these would be counted as "qualifying flights" any more than the example above? I don't want to be in the same position where I've taken the flights, on a BA flight number, but still get rejected... Thanks in advance!
The flights operated by BA but with a Qatar Airways flight number should absolutely have counted towards the 4 eligible flights for BA status. I can only imagine that were some industry discounted flights which might have disqualified them. Or they were credited to Qatar Airways Privelege scheme instead of BAEC.

Your latest plan to book the same route via BA but flying on Qatar metal on BA flight numbers should work. Just make sure they absolutely have the BA flight numbers and put in your BAEC number in the booking.
AJGold likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.