Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2022 edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2022 edition

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2022, 2:30 pm

Programs: BA Gold Hilton Diamond IHG Spire ANEK Ferries Gold
Originally Posted by Dicksbits

Then you get this …. Enables tracking …
Hi

Sorry for the late reply but been travelling across Europe by car (long holiday).

Tried it and it worked for me.

Many thanks
Old Oct 20, 2022, 5:21 pm
Formerly richh1833

Programs: QF P1, BA GGL, AS GMVP
Has anyone had experiences where an award ticket has been booked into a revenue fare class? do you still earn TPs? I'm not sure as the MMB function shows that I'll earn TPs!
Old Oct 21, 2022, 12:31 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
It can happen after a cancellation and rebooking that you get a bank error in your favour.

However, I wouldn't count your chickens until it posts, MMB can be wrong sometimes.
Old Oct 24, 2022, 11:45 am
Formerly richh1833

Originally Posted by KARFA
It can happen after a cancellation and rebooking that you get a bank error in your favour.

However, I wouldn't count your chickens until it posts, MMB can be wrong sometimes.
Thanks! I'm assuming even if it wasn't eligible for TPs it will still post as 0 TPs correct? Just so I know that it's posted.
Old Oct 24, 2022, 11:51 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by richh1833
Thanks! I'm assuming even if it wasn't eligible for TPs it will still post as 0 TPs correct? Just so I know that it's posted.
yes that's correct, it should show show as an entry.
Old Oct 27, 2022, 12:45 pm

Programs: BA Gold
End of year Status change ?

I have been Silver with a year end 8th Sept 2022 and no tier points earned. I have been on a double points holiday and 4 qualifying flights in October before card expires. The bonus points have been posted 6 days after my return. My account shows now that my card now shows that it expires 31st Oct 2023.
Did I not fall to Bronze after no TPS before year end in Sept 2022 ? If I did fall to Bronze should it be Silver until end of Oct 2024 or is this the price to pay for the reduced threshold ?

Thank you.
Old Oct 29, 2022, 10:06 pm
Formerly richh1833

Originally Posted by KARFA
yes that's correct, it should show show as an entry.
Hi KARFA, any ideas when JAL intl flights post? I've heard that it's usually sundays for JAL domestic flights but I was wondering whether it was any different from JAL intl flights? Will be a week coming up shortly.
Old Oct 30, 2022, 3:36 am

Is anyone aware of any active status matches from BAEC/One World to other programmes?
Old Oct 31, 2022, 6:45 am

Programs: BA
I have a flight booked on BA for a flight that is operated by Qatar Airways.
Has anyone else done this and has the addition of the avios and tier points to their account gone smoothly?
I still haven't received my avios and points for flights that were Iberia operated in the spring.
RNdouble likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2022, 6:52 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Silver
Originally Posted by tedmak
I have a flight booked on BA for a flight that is operated by Qatar Airways.
Has anyone else done this and has the addition of the avios and tier points to their account gone smoothly?
I still haven't received my avios and points for flights that were Iberia operated in the spring.
Certainly on a QR ticket they usually post very quickly...following Wednesday I think...certainly on both occasions this year they did for me. Iberia was a nightmare.
Old Oct 31, 2022, 2:17 pm

I am sure this has been asked already...

My current membership year ends 08 Apr 2023 with a Card expiry date of 31 May 2023

I have achieved 475 TPS already before the 31 December reduced levels...does this mean my Silver will extend until 31 May 2024?

When will the new Card expiry date show in the system?
Old Oct 31, 2022, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by blurt91
Certainly on a QR ticket they usually post very quickly...following Wednesday I think...certainly on both occasions this year they did for me. Iberia was a nightmare.
Good to hear. Shambolic that the nightmare is with the airline that is IN IAG.
Old Nov 1, 2022, 4:50 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze, Mucci recipient
Originally Posted by NL86
I am sure this has been asked already...

My current membership year ends 08 Apr 2023 with a Card expiry date of 31 May 2023

I have achieved 475 TPS already before the 31 December reduced levels...does this mean my Silver will extend until 31 May 2024?

When will the new Card expiry date show in the system?
I believe the changes will be processed manually in January 2023. Its not an automatic thing because thelower threshold is not recorded in the system - if you look at your BAEC account it will still show as requiring another 125TP to maintain Silver.
Old Nov 2, 2022, 11:34 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
My membership year ends on December 8th. Between now and then I should make Gold, and from what I read, I should have that status through December 2023 when it will have the soft landing to Silver through December 2024 or thereabouts. The issue I have is that next year I will probably not gain enough points to maintain Gold. I will however, more that likely, travel enough to obtain tier points that would qualify for Silver normally. Would those points be wasted next year? I was looking at using some Avios for reward flights that I don't get points for anyway, but wondered if doing cash bookings would be of any benefit if I didn't achieve points to maintain Gold. Read as much as I could on the threads but getting bamboozled! Thanks.
Old Nov 2, 2022, 11:37 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by cujimmy
My membership year ends on December 8th. Between now and then I should make Gold, and from what I read, I should have that status through December 2023 when it will have the soft landing to Silver through December 2024 or thereabouts. The issue I have is that next year I will probably not gain enough points to maintain Gold. I will however, more that likely, travel enough to obtain tier points that would qualify for Silver normally. Would those points be wasted next year? I was looking at using some Avios for reward flights that I don't get points for anyway, but wondered if doing cash bookings would be of any benefit if I didn't achieve points to maintain Gold. Read as much as I could on the threads but getting bamboozled! Thanks.
You're right that if you make Gold this year and then fail to make it the following year you will soft land to Silver for a further 12 months. In that sense, the tier points you earn won't contribute towards your status the following year as the soft landing will take care of that if you fail to reach Gold. However, all tier points earned will count towards lifetime totals.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.