Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2022 edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2022 edition

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2022, 10:35 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Deckter
Thanks KARFA. Basically, i would need to avoid BA operated segments in order to benefit from luggage allowance on basic economy OW fares? AA, AY, IB operated should be fine?
I think so. There is a bit more detail here on which combinations of operating and marketing carrier provide checked bags on long haul HBO fares Guide to AJB Basic Economy fares
Old Jan 14, 2022, 7:10 am

What's the usual means of appealing to BAEC to request upgraded status based on tier points earned in the 2-week period following end-TP collection year? Can I email / chat / Tweet, is there a form, or do I just need to endure the current waiting periods over the phone? Is there any specific wording I should use in the request?
Old Jan 17, 2022, 7:45 am

I wondered if someone could clarify something for me re the most recent tier point/status extension please? My collection year end date is (and always has been) May 2022. I've currently got 430 TPs. I had wondered if the extension would also apply to expiry of the TPs but there hasn't been any change to this on my BA account since the latest extension announcement. Am I right in thinking that if I achieve 20 TPs before the end of the collection year in May, I'll move to Silver, i.e. there's no extension to the collection year? What happens then, is there any extension to how long status would be maintained? Thank you - just want to check before looking for a TP run or if I have a bit longer to do it!
Old Jan 24, 2022, 4:38 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Honors Gold.
I wonder if someone could help clarify my query. I am thinking of booking a long haul flight Lagos to Toronto on Qatar Airways but I noticed that the DOH-YYZ leg is operated by Air Canada which is on Star Alliance. Would I get any Tier Points for that leg of the journey? Thanks
Old Jan 24, 2022, 4:50 am

For BAEC is no, not sure about QR
Old Jan 25, 2022, 11:23 pm

Programs: VA Platinum, QR Platinum, QF Gold, ITA Executive, HH Diamond, Accor Plus Diamond
BAEC newbie who has broke the QF shackles and joined up once it become available to those in Australia. Just a couple of quick questions regarding moving through the tiers. My expiry date is December 8th and I should hopefully have about 800-900 TP's up my sleeve from domestic QF flights before we are at this stage booked to head to Europe in October. Looking at booking QR CGK-DOH-FRA return in Business which should add another 560 TP's therefore putting me well above the Gold requirement but having zero eligible flights. If I then do a short side trip on BA say FRA-LHR-EDI return that will get me my 4 eligible flights and I presume that would skip Silver and go straight to Gold with me firstly attaining bronze on the first 2 eligible flights?
Thanks for any advice and if anyone has any other tips or advice on the program id love to hear it
Old Jan 26, 2022, 3:36 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by AdelaideAce
BAEC newbie who has broke the QF shackles and joined up once it become available to those in Australia. Just a couple of quick questions regarding moving through the tiers. My expiry date is December 8th and I should hopefully have about 800-900 TP's up my sleeve from domestic QF flights before we are at this stage booked to head to Europe in October. Looking at booking QR CGK-DOH-FRA return in Business which should add another 560 TP's therefore putting me well above the Gold requirement but having zero eligible flights. If I then do a short side trip on BA say FRA-LHR-EDI return that will get me my 4 eligible flights and I presume that would skip Silver and go straight to Gold with me firstly attaining bronze on the first 2 eligible flights?
Thanks for any advice and if anyone has any other tips or advice on the program id love to hear it
That's exactly correct!
Old Jan 28, 2022, 3:33 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, Shangri La Jade
is there any disadvantage, in terms of tier points really and maybe avois, to booking flights (the exact same flights) directly through Qatar and not BA. I'll lose out on some Avios or not booking on BA with my Amex, but the same flights are Ł400 cheaper. TIA.
Old Jan 29, 2022, 5:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by sarahluv
is there any disadvantage, in terms of tier points really and maybe avois, to booking flights (the exact same flights) directly through Qatar and not BA. I'll lose out on some Avios or not booking on BA with my Amex, but the same flights are Ł400 cheaper.
By "exact same flights", do you mean the booking the same flight numbers? Or will you get QR flight numbers if you book through QR, and BA flight numbers if you book through BA? For many purposes, if it's a different flight number it's a different flight, even if it's operated by the same aircraft.

One obvious point is that if you book BA flight numbers, you should get a Silver tier bonus of 50% of the normal Avios that a Blue member would earn (assuming that you will be Silver when you fly). You wouldn't get those Avios if you book QR flight numbers.

In addition, which booking class would you be booked into through each route? The earning rate depends on the booking class. In the most extreme difference in business class, for example, you would earn 75% of flown miles if booked into P class on a QR flight number, but you would earn 250% of flown miles (+ 50% extra as your Silver tier bonus = total 375%) if booked into D class on a BA flight number.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 7:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, BMI, ANA, HH Blue, SPG Gold
Just attained Gold

My wife and I have just reached the dizzy heights of gold, which we will probably only keep for 18 months unless there are some equally generous promotions around like double tier points. Upon reading the benefits, one seems to be if you have two bookings linked together all members of the party can reserve seats, provided that the card holder is travelling. How do I arrange this? I have two bookings of six people linked together and I’ve already pre-booked the six in my party, due to my silver status, but now I believe I can organise the other six.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by botham
My wife and I have just reached the dizzy heights of gold, which we will probably only keep for 18 months unless there are some equally generous promotions around like double tier points. Upon reading the benefits, one seems to be if you have two bookings linked together all members of the party can reserve seats, provided that the card holder is travelling. How do I arrange this?
You need to call BA and ask for the bookings to be linked. The mechanism is technically known as TCP, although that in itself is little more than a comment in each booking. The agent will then send the bookings to seating, whereupon seating should pre-allocate seats to the passengers in the other booking. In the past, I've had experience of seating giving effect to my request for specific seats for the linked booking, although I think that this isn't guaranteed to happen. AIUI, it isn't possible to self-service seat pre-allocation for the other booking even after the TCP is done.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 8:38 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, Shangri La Jade
Originally Posted by Globaliser
By "exact same flights", do you mean the booking the same flight numbers? Or will you get QR flight numbers if you book through QR, and BA flight numbers if you book through BA? For many purposes, if it's a different flight number it's a different flight, even if it's operated by the same aircraft.

One obvious point is that if you book BA flight numbers, you should get a Silver tier bonus of 50% of the normal Avios that a Blue member would earn (assuming that you will be Silver when you fly). You wouldn't get those Avios if you book QR flight numbers.

In addition, which booking class would you be booked into through each route? The earning rate depends on the booking class. In the most extreme difference in business class, for example, you would earn 75% of flown miles if booked into P class on a QR flight number, but you would earn 250% of flown miles (+ 50% extra as your Silver tier bonus = total 375%) if booked into D class on a BA flight number.
I know I'll miss my tier bonus, but I don't think it's worth Ł600 of Avios. It's R class I believe so 125% vs 150% (plus bonus)
Old Feb 10, 2022, 5:24 am

Programs: Executive Club
If I book a flight while a Blue member but take the flight as Bronze, from which tier do I earn the points?
Old Feb 10, 2022, 5:26 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
You would earn based upon the status you hold when you actually take the flight.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 5:32 am

Programs: Executive Club
Originally Posted by KARFA
You would earn based upon the status you hold when you actually take the flight.
Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.