Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2022 edition

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2022 edition

Old Jun 19, 22, 5:23 am
  #166  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: London
Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Posts: 38,638
Originally Posted by SandLake View Post
Membership year ends: 08 Oct 2022

I have a return trip booked on AA going out on 13 Sept and returning on 26th Oct.

I assume that the Tier Points are allocated in the year that the flight (leg) is flown, the outbound will be allocated to the year up to 08 Oct 22 and the return will be allocated to the year after 08 Oct 22.
This is correct.
Globaliser is offline  
Old Jun 19, 22, 5:42 am
  #167  
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Norn Iron
Posts: 158
I had mistakenly though my membership year ended on 8th Nov so I am quite happy that I will be starting my campaign for 'next year'!

Thanks
SandLake is offline  
Old Jun 19, 22, 5:48 am
  #168  
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: London Town
Programs: BA Silver, Krisflyer
Posts: 9
Household account & TP collection year end dates

Hi, apologies if this information is covered in this or another thread, I'd appreciate being directed if so.

I am a fairly frequent traveller LHR-SIN with my two children, aged 13 and 10, who share a household account with me and only ever travel with me.

In the past I've planned our travel around maintaining my own Silver status as generally, staff have been willing to allow me lounge access for them both when we've flown economy or premium economy. However, I wont be able to rely on this indefinitely and based on our travel plans this year, and because fewer TPs are required for Silver status, they would both comfortably qualify, but for the difference in our TP collection year end dates.

Neither of them is old enough to fly alone, so it is slightly frustrating that they can't qualify. Any suggestions/information very gratefully received.

Thank you,

BB
BettyBlue is offline  
Old Jun 19, 22, 7:02 am
  #169  
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Programs: BAEC Silver
Posts: 1,258
Originally Posted by BettyBlue View Post
Hi, apologies if this information is covered in this or another thread, I'd appreciate being directed if so.

I am a fairly frequent traveller LHR-SIN with my two children, aged 13 and 10, who share a household account with me and only ever travel with me.

In the past I've planned our travel around maintaining my own Silver status as generally, staff have been willing to allow me lounge access for them both when we've flown economy or premium economy. However, I wont be able to rely on this indefinitely and based on our travel plans this year, and because fewer TPs are required for Silver status, they would both comfortably qualify, but for the difference in our TP collection year end dates.

Neither of them is old enough to fly alone, so it is slightly frustrating that they can't qualify. Any suggestions/information very gratefully received.

Thank you,

BB
Not sure what advice you are looking for. I think it's a good thing they have different year ends to you as it can extend Silver status benefits for you as you appear to travel together. No point all having expiry dates the same. They would be able to guest you into the lounge (only one person though) so not good for only one child to have Silver, two of you will have to have Silver, one to get access in their own right and the other to potentially guest you or the sibling if you are the other Silver

If i understand you correctly you are saying if they had the same year end as you theyd both qualify in their own right but wont as it stands. How far off Silver would they each be? Perhaps you could do a TP run with one or both of them to achieve Silver? I think you are based in the UK since you mention LHR to SIN. That way assuming its after your TP year end you'd be starting the process of retaining Silver.
AJA_ is online now  
Old Jun 19, 22, 12:40 pm
  #170  
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: London Town
Programs: BA Silver, Krisflyer
Posts: 9
Originally Posted by AJA_ View Post
Not sure what advice you are looking for. I think it's a good thing they have different year ends to you as it can extend Silver status benefits for you as you appear to travel together. No point all having expiry dates the same. They would be able to guest you into the lounge (only one person though) so not good for only one child to have Silver, two of you will have to have Silver, one to get access in their own right and the other to potentially guest you or the sibling if you are the other Silver

If i understand you correctly you are saying if they had the same year end as you theyd both qualify in their own right but wont as it stands. How far off Silver would they each be? Perhaps you could do a TP run with one or both of them to achieve Silver? I think you are based in the UK since you mention LHR to SIN. That way assuming its after your TP year end you'd be starting the process of retaining Silver.
Hi, you're right, I haven't been very clear about what advice I'm looking for! We all have different expiry dates and I thought we'd be better off if they were aligned, as although I've been lucky so far with getting all three of us into lounges on my silver status alone, I can't rely on that.

Ideally, as you say, at least two of us would have silver status, but I doubt we will fly enough for me to achieve that with us all on different expiry dates, so perhaps the question is, does anyone of experience or knowledge of BA allowing families to align their TP collection year ends? My children can't travel independently, so they can only collect tier points when travelling with me.

If not, TP runs are the way ahead, as you suggest, and yes, we're in the UK.

Thank you.
BettyBlue is offline  
Old Jun 19, 22, 4:51 pm
  #171  
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: MSN
Programs: AA, BAEC Silver
Posts: 3,687
Originally Posted by BettyBlue View Post
Hi, you're right, I haven't been very clear about what advice I'm looking for! We all have different expiry dates and I thought we'd be better off if they were aligned, as although I've been lucky so far with getting all three of us into lounges on my silver status alone, I can't rely on that.

Ideally, as you say, at least two of us would have silver status, but I doubt we will fly enough for me to achieve that with us all on different expiry dates, so perhaps the question is, does anyone of experience or knowledge of BA allowing families to align their TP collection year ends? My children can't travel independently, so they can only collect tier points when travelling with me.

If not, TP runs are the way ahead, as you suggest, and yes, we're in the UK.

Thank you.
BAEC TP collection years once activated are set in stone (I assume they don't want to deal with people trying to fine tune them every year) so you are stuck with what you have. As others point out, you may be able to use the spread to your advantage with some cunning.
MADPhil is offline  
Old Jun 19, 22, 4:57 pm
  #172  
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Programs: BAEC Silver
Posts: 1,258
Originally Posted by BettyBlue View Post
Hi, you're right, I haven't been very clear about what advice I'm looking for! We all have different expiry dates and I thought we'd be better off if they were aligned, as although I've been lucky so far with getting all three of us into lounges on my silver status alone, I can't rely on that.

Ideally, as you say, at least two of us would have silver status, but I doubt we will fly enough for me to achieve that with us all on different expiry dates, so perhaps the question is, does anyone of experience or knowledge of BA allowing families to align their TP collection year ends? My children can't travel independently, so they can only collect tier points when travelling with me.

If not, TP runs are the way ahead, as you suggest, and yes, we're in the UK.

Thank you.
Unfortunately once your TP year end date is set that is it. Under no circumstances will BAEC change it. But as I said above that's no bad thing as it allows you to take advantage of the differences if two or more if you have status.

That said if your children only ever fly together with you that means only one of you is likely to have status at any one time. That will cause you a problem one day though as there will come a time when the rule of only one guest per silver card holder will be enforced. So I think you are left exploring TP runs. The latest separate dedicated thread for that here:

BA Tier Point Runs | 2022 edition
AJA_ is online now  
Old Jun 20, 22, 5:12 am
  #173  
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Programs: BA
Posts: 67
I have flights to Doha bought via the BA app. Will my points be added straight to my account or will I have to do a seperate claim?
I am still waiting for my points for an Iberia operated flight to be added.
tedmak is offline  
Old Jun 20, 22, 5:20 am
  #174  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: London
Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Posts: 38,638
Originally Posted by tedmak View Post
I have flights to Doha bought via the BA app. Will my points be added straight to my account or will I have to do a seperate claim?
It depends on whether you included your frequent flyer number in the booking. This is easy to check if you go to the BA website and use Manage My Booking to call up the booking. If your frequent flyer number isn't already in the booking, then add it.
Globaliser is offline  
Old Jun 21, 22, 5:25 am
  #175  
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: London Town
Programs: BA Silver, Krisflyer
Posts: 9
Originally Posted by AJA_ View Post
Unfortunately once your TP year end date is set that is it. Under no circumstances will BAEC change it. But as I said above that's no bad thing as it allows you to take advantage of the differences if two or more if you have status.

That said if your children only ever fly together with you that means only one of you is likely to have status at any one time. That will cause you a problem one day though as there will come a time when the rule of only one guest per silver card holder will be enforced. So I think you are left exploring TP runs. The latest separate dedicated thread for that here:

BA Tier Point Runs | 2022 edition
Many thanks for that - I'll take a look.
BettyBlue is offline  
Old Jun 21, 22, 5:27 am
  #176  
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: London Town
Programs: BA Silver, Krisflyer
Posts: 9
Originally Posted by MADPhil View Post
BAEC TP collection years once activated are set in stone (I assume they don't want to deal with people trying to fine tune them every year) so you are stuck with what you have. As others point out, you may be able to use the spread to your advantage with some cunning.
Thank you, appreciate your reply.
BettyBlue is offline  
Old Jun 24, 22, 7:55 am
  #177  
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,138
Originally Posted by Prospero View Post

Lifetime Tier Points are simply the accumulation of the total number of Tier Points you’ve accrued since joining the Executive Club or for veteran members the calculation goes back to the date Tier Points were introduced to the Executive Club. All members irrespective of tier status (including Premiers) accrue Lifetime Tier Points whenever they fly and earn Tier Points for that flight. There are no conversions or transfers to worry about - one Lifetime Tier Point is added to your lifetime balance for every Tier Point you earn.
While I know this would make no sense, but - if I am reading this correctly - does it mean one could theoretically earn Lifetime Status with BAEC without ever having flown on BA? By simply flying enough oneworld partner flights and accruing lifetime TP's.
CX HK is offline  
Old Jun 24, 22, 8:20 am
  #178  
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Leeds, UK
Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Posts: 36,381
Originally Posted by CX HK View Post
While I know this would make no sense, but - if I am reading this correctly - does it mean one could theoretically earn Lifetime Status with BAEC without ever having flown on BA? By simply flying enough oneworld partner flights and accruing lifetime TP's.
yes. You do need the 2/4 eligible flights per year too if you want the status as you are earning the TPs, but these don’t have to be on BA operated flights.
KARFA is online now  
Old Jun 29, 22, 4:43 am
  #179  
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Europe
Posts: 1,174
Anyone used Hotels.com through British airways to earn Avios? I have plenty of stays which i have not received my Avios. It has been already 6-10 weeks depending the stay and only one odd credit in my Avios account which doesn't seem to match any of my stays. I tried to call Hotels.com (surprisingly fast pick up time) and they were absolutely clueless about the whole partnership. Any tips or ideas? Thanks!

https://www.britishairways.com/en-us.../hotels/hotels
joorinainen is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread