Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2022 edition

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2022 edition

Old May 16, 22, 5:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by rum View Post
Managed to pay for an upgrade on the outbound leg, but the return leg is showing that I "cannot upgrade this leg". Could anyone kindly shed some light as to why this might be? Is it a matter of trying to upgrade the return leg on the day of the flight or is there some way it can be done at the airport?
Is there actually any space in Club? (The quickest way of checking that is to see whether you can book a new ticket on that flight.) If Club has zero inventory, then you will not be able to upgrade. If there is inventory, then a fare rules upgrade ought to be possible, but you may have to call to do this if the website isn't allowing it online (which could be because you have already upgraded the outbound flight).

If you knew that you needed Club in both directions, wouldn't it have been easier just to buy Club in both directions to begin with?
rum likes this.
Old May 16, 22, 5:26 am
rum

Programs: Amex MR, A3, BAEC
Originally Posted by Globaliser View Post
Is there actually any space in Club? (The quickest way of checking that is to see whether you can book a new ticket on that flight.) If Club has zero inventory, then you will not be able to upgrade. If there is inventory, then a fare rules upgrade ought to be possible, but you may have to call to do this if the website isn't allowing it online (which could be because you have already upgraded the outbound flight).
Good point. I checked using 'business' in the search option and that flight didn't come up. Could it be that they've upgraded some Gold/Silver/etc passengers from economy? When I looked at the seat plan for economy, the flight was practically empty.

If you knew that you needed Club in both directions, wouldn't it have been easier just to buy Club in both directions to begin with?
Actually I am flying for work and could only opt for economy. I am forking out for business out of my own pocket.
Old May 16, 22, 5:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rum View Post
I checked using 'business' in the search option and that flight didn't come up. Could it be that they've upgraded some Gold/Silver/etc passengers from economy? When I looked at the seat plan for economy, the flight was practically empty.
It's very unlikely that this has been caused by anyone being upgraded for free. And seat maps are generally useless for trying to guess loads and booking levels. Most of the time, you'd do just as well to read tea leaves.

If you can book in economy but not in Club, then at the moment all Club inventory is booked or is off sale for some other reason. This may or may not change but you do have the option of asking all the way up to check-in at the airport.
Old May 16, 22, 5:44 am
rum

Programs: Amex MR, A3, BAEC
If you can book in economy but not in Club, then at the moment all Club inventory is booked or is off sale for some other reason. This may or may not change but you do have the option of asking all the way up to check-in at the airport.
Yup, economy is still bookable, but the flight doesn't come up when searching for business. So your theory is probably correct. I will try to ask at check-in on my return. Are there any downsides to checking-in for my current (economy) seat or should I wait until I am at the airport?
Old May 18, 22, 6:18 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Silver, IHG Platinum Elite, Qatar Privilege Club
Hello, this will be my last post regarding the somewhat ill-fated trip I recently did from EDI-LHR-SIN and back (the one without the water outbound and the 26 hour delay coming back). During the trip my wife got enough tier points to go from Bronze to Silver. Her year end is 8th May and she has been awarded silver status to 31st May 2024. My year end is October 2022 and I collected enough points to retain silver. My status is showing Tier point collection year ending as October 2022, which it was before I got the re-qualification points, should it not now be 2023?
Old May 18, 22, 6:37 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Exsilver View Post
Hello, this will be my last post regarding the somewhat ill-fated trip I recently did from EDI-LHR-SIN and back (the one without the water outbound and the 26 hour delay coming back). During the trip my wife got enough tier points to go from Bronze to Silver. Her year end is 8th May and she has been awarded silver status to 31st May 2024. My year end is October 2022 and I collected enough points to retain silver. My status is showing Tier point collection year ending as October 2022, which it was before I got the re-qualification points, should it not now be 2023?
Card expiry dates don't change when retaining until the year end date has passed.
Old May 18, 22, 7:51 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Silver, IHG Platinum Elite, Qatar Privilege Club
Originally Posted by SonicStar817 View Post
Card expiry dates don't change when retaining until the year end date has passed.
Thank you very much.
Old May 18, 22, 9:25 am

Programs: AA, BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Exsilver View Post
Your Tier Point collection year remains fixed and you can still qualify for a higher level within the current year.
Exsilver likes this.
Old May 18, 22, 3:18 pm

I know this is a little off-topic but which is worth more BA avios or AS mp?
Old May 23, 22, 3:25 pm

Programs: British Airways
I have flown so many flights this year however my tier points are not being awarded despite numerous times reaching out to the Avios chatbot . All flights are eligible and missing Avios claim never works. Really need help here in sorting this out as I should be as silver. Can anyone from BA help me out here? Getting a little desperate as I can’t get through to anyone

Last edited by rhiannonsheehan93; May 24, 22 at 5:00 am
Old May 24, 22, 12:16 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
Hi Rhiannon - I posted a response on your other thread.
rhiannonsheehan93 likes this.
Old May 24, 22, 2:29 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Apologies as I'm sure this is a manifestation of a question that's been asked before, but I can't seem to work out the correct answer.

My TP collection year ends at the very start of August 2022 - my gold status has been already been extended until the end of September 2023 due to COVID.

I've flown all the flights I need to retain my status at the reduced rate of 1125 TP. However, as some of the flights are on Qantas, they have not credited and I am currently chasing them down manually (which seems to be a common issue for many people). As such, I am currently short of my renewal target by a few hundred TP.

Given the time it can take to credit partner flights, and Qantas' own issues, there is a possibility these flights won't be credited in time for my year end. However, if they do credit in time, will my new expiry date be extended until September 2024 (taking advantage of the reduced TP threshold), or will it stay the same? And conversely, if they don't credit in time, will they go towards next year's target of 1500, or will they be retrospectively credited to my previous year?

Either way, I assume with my gold card being valid until September 2023, and assuming I hit the renewal target next year for my 2023-2024 membership year (which I have already booked enough flights to do), I assume I will continue to enjoy gold benefits without any break?
Old May 24, 22, 2:33 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by thebilly_b View Post
Either way, I assume with my gold card being valid until September 2023, and assuming I hit the renewal target next year for my 2023-2024 membership year (which I have already booked enough flights to do), I assume I will continue to enjoy gold benefits without any break?
Correct, you will maintain gold in to your next membership year starting on 9 August 2022 regardless of what you earn in your correct membership year.
thebilly_b likes this.
Old May 24, 22, 2:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by thebilly_b View Post
I've flown all the flights I need to retain my status at the reduced rate of 1125 TP. However, as some of the flights are on Qantas, they have not credited and I am currently chasing them down manually (which seems to be a common issue for many people). As such, I am currently short of my renewal target by a few hundred TP.

Given the time it can take to credit partner flights, and Qantas' own issues, there is a possibility these flights won't be credited in time for my year end. However, if they do credit in time, will my new expiry date be extended until September 2024 (taking advantage of the reduced TP threshold), or will it stay the same? And conversely, if they don't credit in time, will they go towards next year's target of 1500, or will they be retrospectively credited to my previous year?
Those 1,125 TPs earned in the 2021-22 year, including those QF flights, have no effect on whether your Gold is renewed for 2022-23. It has been, so you are Gold until 30 September 2023 regardless of when (or even whether) the QF flights credit. If they do credit this year, they will not extend your Gold until September 2024 - they would in theory count towards you being Gold in 2022-23, which you don't actually need to earn any TPs for (as it has turned out).

Similarly, they have no effect on whether you will be Gold in 2023-24. Even if the missing flights are credited after 9 August 2022, they will still count in the 2021-22 year.
thebilly_b likes this.
Old May 24, 22, 3:05 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Thanks for your answers KARFA and Globaliser - I only realised this morning that my card expiry was 2023 and not 2022! Annoying, because if I had realised there was no pressure to collect TP I might have taken the opportunity to try out some different airlines and routes. Anyway, first world problems and all that, and good to know there isn't any time pressure to chase up my missing QF flights.

Thanks both!

Search this Thread