Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Passenger details can no longer be changed via Finnair or Qatar's websites

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2021, 10:45 pm
Original Poster

Anybody noticed ? It seems that for reservations made via BA, passenger details such as the frequent flyer numbers can no longer made via the 'Manage My Booking' sections of Finnair or Qatar Airways' websites.

I believe the change happened sometime in December 2021
Old Dec 30, 2021, 1:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by hoipolloi
Anybody noticed ?
At least the Finnair position was noticed at the beginning of December: Updating BA frequent flyer number via Finnair (and see also Booking Alaska Airlines with Avios).
Old Dec 30, 2021, 2:48 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
RJ still works.
Old Feb 11, 2022, 5:35 am

Programs: BA Exec Club
Originally Posted by sxc
RJ still works.
Currently on a trip. I have Qatar Silver (Ruby) status and BA Blue but want tier points and Avios credited to BA.

Used Finnair in the past to change FF details. Managed to use RJ to temporarily apply the Qatar status on the way out for seat selection, but now the option is greyed out. Does RJ not allow changes after the first sector is flown?
Old Feb 11, 2022, 5:59 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by sxc
RJ still works.
How RJ.com has such incredible flexibility and resilience, when it barely works at all, is a true miracle of software engineering. Long may it continue.
Old Feb 11, 2022, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by Cymro
How RJ.com has such incredible flexibility and resilience, when it barely works at all, is a true miracle of software engineering. Long may it continue.
I tried using RJ.com for a BA flight issued by AS, didn't work. Nor did AY or MH...
Old Feb 11, 2022, 2:24 pm

Programs: BAEC
Even if you manage to change the FFP number away from QRPC back to BAEC I would be very surprised of you flights credit to anything other than QRPC.

Refer to this recent thread for more disappointment...

www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2068353-booking-qatar-airways-using-pc-ff-number-can-you-swap-ff-baec-later.ht
Old Feb 11, 2022, 5:29 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club
Originally Posted by plunet
Even if you manage to change the FFP number away from QRPC back to BAEC I would be very surprised of you flights credit to anything other than QRPC.
That's not the issue the outbound flights have credited to BA already. What I want to do is switch the FF number to QR, select the return seats, and then change it back to BA before the flight, just as I did for the outbound. That used to be possible with Finnair. It looks like RJ may not allow changes on a booking with a flown sector, unless something else has caused it to grey out the option.
Old May 13, 2022, 11:29 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
I am an infrequent BA flyer but in the past have been able to adjust my details post-booking via the Finnair website. I've just booked MRS-LHR next month in Y using Avios. I have OW Sapphire via my AA Platinum status. I know I won't be earning any miles from this flight but I would like to select a seat in advance without paying. (For additional benefits—primarily lounge access, if that exists at MRS, and baggage allowance, I assume I can have that changed, or at least recognised, at the airport.) I've tried using Finnair and Royal Jordanian sites to change the FF number associated with my booking but to no avail. Is this now completely impossible? Is it because it's an Avios booking, which somehow creates an unbreakable bond with my BA account? Any other ways around this?
Old May 13, 2022, 11:32 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by merlin90
I am an infrequent BA flyer but in the past have been able to adjust my details post-booking via the Finnair website. I've just booked MRS-LHR next month in Y using Avios. I have OW Sapphire via my AA Platinum status. I know I won't be earning any miles from this flight but I would like to select a seat in advance without paying. (For additional benefits—primarily lounge access, if that exists at MRS, and baggage allowance, I assume I can have that changed, or at least recognised, at the airport.) I've tried using Finnair and Royal Jordanian sites to change the FF number associated with my booking but to no avail. Is this now completely impossible? Is it because it's an Avios booking, which somehow creates an unbreakable bond with my BA account? Any other ways around this?
No there is no unbreakable bond - but i am not sure any other website will atm allow you to change it, until checkin counter... (i know this isnt helpful)
Old May 13, 2022, 11:35 am

This may be too obvious but if I were to call BA would they be able to add my AA number and recognise my status?
Old May 13, 2022, 1:24 pm

Programs: BAEC
I ended up using the MH site to get seat selection on a mixed BA/JL booking a couple of weeks ago.
Old May 13, 2022, 1:36 pm

Success! I was able to strip the FF details from the booking using Manage My Booking on Royal Air Maroc, then access the booking on BA and add my AA number.
LondonAussie and AirbusA350 like this.

Last edited by merlin90; May 13, 2022 at 2:08 pm
Old May 13, 2022, 1:46 pm

Programs: Qantas Platinum (Oneworld Emerald)
Originally Posted by merlin90
Success! I was able to strip the FF details from the booking using Manage My Booking on Royal Air Maroc, then access the booking on BA and and my AA number.
Thanks for reporting back the success! I'm in a similar position with an upcoming Avios booking stuck on my BAEC number (which gives me no benefits). I wanted to replace with my QF number (OW Emerald status) to gain access to the free seat selection.I thought I'd have to call up and plead my case, but this way should be much easier and quicker!
merlin90 likes this.
Old May 13, 2022, 4:54 pm

Programs: AA 1MM EXP, DL Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), Aeroplan 75K
I leveraged MH and RJ to select seats and change my FFN to AA, respectively. Good to know about Royal Air Maroc.

That said, the dummy number from AA’s award booking was also showing up (happens with codeshares too) so I ended up calling QRPC to have them strip that out as one of my BPs had my OWE and the other did not. That said, the QR website allowed me to select seats from booking without issue since my OWE was on there as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.