Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2022

Hide Wikipost
Old Jun 25, 22, 9:19 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: KARFA
Wiki Link
Previous thread (now archived): Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2021

This thread gives the current catering options for the LHR T5 Concorde Room (all day). Eligible passengers include BA First ticket holders, Premier and Gold Guest List (GGL) cardholders. The catering in both lounges is supplied by BaxterStorey, who took over the contract on 2 May 2013.

The current breakfast options in the LHR CCR can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here, and the current dining options after midday can be found in the second post, or click here. In addition, there are a selection of

- bar snacks, details found in post 4 or you can click here
- tea & coffee list, details found in post 5 or you can click here
- drinks list, details found in post 6 or you can click here
- cocktails list, details in this separate thread click here

The full menu is also available online at t5c.yourmenu.cloud, the password is the same as the other lounges.

There are also photo guides (updated with June menus) which you can see in the following linked posts:
Concorde Room (CCR) at JFK
Please see this thread which is now dedicated to food and drink at all none LHR Concorde Rooms and Bars
Concorde Rooms and Bars: JFK, IAD, SIN, DXB - food and drink - 2017 thread

Also there is an archive of JFK CCR menus in post #14 of that thread which covers September 2015 to date.

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2016 (n.b. no separate 2017 or 2018 thread) - T3 & T5
Galleries Club lounges LHR: Dining menu and food options - T3 and T5

For the First and Club lounges at Gatwick and the UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds, Aberdeen, and Inverness
First Lounge London Gatwick Catering options
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014-2018 threads)
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangements from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014-2018 threads)

BA Champagne & Wine thread
The LHR CCR cocktail menu - cocktail menu introduced May 2014
The 2017 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air

Archived food & drink threads
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2021
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2020
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2019
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2018
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2017
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2016
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2015
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2014
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2013
Concorde Dining Room IAD: menus and food options - see new Concorde Rooms and Bars: JFK, IAD, SIN, DXB linked above
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2015 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)
The 2016 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2014 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2013 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 - T1 international flights
Print Wikipost

Old Jan 21, 22, 10:31 am

Programs: BAEC, VS Flying Club
Originally Posted by KARFA View Post
New menus for the afternoon. I am doing my best to try everything new for the photos.

Yes, thatís the menu I had on Wednesday. The barbacoa beef was dismal (and tiny). The mackerel was nice though.
orbitmic, crazyarmadillo and KARFA like this.
Old Jan 21, 22, 11:41 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Mucci: Classe de la Luxe Eternelle
New menus for the afternoon. I am doing my best to try everything new for the photos.
It's a thankless task ordering all that grub but someone has to do it KARFA
Old Jan 26, 22, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GfL+CCR, Aclub Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
OK, wanted to order some of the new things to figure out how I feel about the January menu. My lunch today:

Fishcake (as starter, as I object to "only plated" starters like smoked salmon or cured pork)
Grilled mackerel (as main)
Carrot and chickpea salad (side)
Cheese plate (one should never have to choose between cheese and dessert)
Sticky toffee pudding (I don't really like their caramel slice - too "moussey" for me)

orbitmic's verdict:

Fishcake: Full disclosure, I'm not usually a big fan of fishcakes, let alone breaded ones (the Thai eggy ones are a bit more interesting). Those are average, not great, not bad, the mozzarella inside improves the texture of an otherwise slightly dry dish and makes it more gooey. The pea puree is a bit bland (which is a shame because I absolutely love peas and you could make this really interesting). Once again, perfectly poached egg - I really wonder what they have changed here, and don't really dare to ask, but it is much, much better. The dish is decorated with pea shoots which I think works rather well on this as it gives it a bit of a herby taste. Would I have it again? probably from lack of alternatives, but to the extent I like hot starters, I think I tend to prefer their pasta dishes.

Mackerel: On the face of it, I prefer the seabass of the previous menu to mackerel in the new one, but the fish itself was actually nice. It says it's grilled, and actually it isn't, but that's fine. It was a large enough fillet to be filling without reaching the size when mackerel becomes a lot stronger in taste and oily. I was less convinced by the vegetables - baby potatoes, leeks, and peas is a lovely combination but this was swimming in cream for no obvious reason. Taste was a bit bland so I asked for a wedge of lemon which gave it more life (in fact, I asked for lemon for the fish cake too and would also argued it improved it!). Dish garnished with pea shoots (again). Would I have it again? I much prefer some previous seafood dishes (bring back the scallops please!) but it was ok and given current options that’s probably what I’d choose again as I don't find the burger too great, cauliflower pie doesn't sound overly appealing, and the reviews of the tacos on ft have been sufficiently uniformly negative for me not to want to try them anytime soon.

Carrot and coconut salad: probably one of the least luxurious dishes on the menu but I was actually interested by the concept so excited about ordering it. Carrot and coconut work well together, enough chilly to make the salad work as a bit of a pick me up without actually being unpleasantly hot! (full disclosure, I quite like spicy food, so maybe some others might find it too hot, but honestly, it isn't much) Personally, I would have preferred more carrot and less chickpeas and red onions and I think it could have also done with more herbs and perhaps more of a citrusy zing (I had run out of lemon wedges by then ), but it was a nice little side salad. Garnished... you guessed it... with pea shoots (and quite frankly, on a carrot salad, that made absolutely no sense to me). Did they get a stock of those or something?

Cheese plate: Now, that I am still annoyed at. If I were a snob, I'd say that the cheese plate is GC on a plate. Seriously, please go back to changing and nicer/more original cheese like before, and please give me back those nice fruity crackers coz I like and miss them! This was really as basic as it gets and uninspired (average Stilton, average cheddar, English pasteurised fake Brie - no comment or I'll be called a food pedant again!). To me, on cheese, there is really no excuse for such lack of inspiration and originality.

Sticky toffee pudding: had it in recent weeks, not fabulous but reliable and nicer than the chocolate caramel slice which simply doesn't do it for me. It always comes too warm for me, so I made a brief phone call when it arrived and ate it a few minutes after delivery. I wish the custard was better (I absolutely love custard, but there really is no secret, and more specifically no possible substitute for proper vanilla pods here). The sorbets (mango or raspberry) are arguably nicer if you fancy something light and surprisingly served at a relevant temperature... so I added a scoop of each for pleasure a bit later as I had quite a bit of time in the lounge today.

Verdict: not memorable, but a pleasant lunch. Big kudos from me for having improved those poached eggs massively. Big minus for not having a real meat dish, which has been cruelly missing for a while (burger and tacos are comfort food, not meat dishes if you ask me!) and for the downgraded cheese plate which was a course I used to always look forward to in the CCR. Wonderful service on a fairly quiet afternoon, a BA175 prepared with plenty of care, and followed by the Champagne on its own.

Last edited by orbitmic; Jan 26, 22 at 1:45 pm
Old Jan 26, 22, 9:31 am

Programs: BAEC GGL (Gallium Guest List), QRPC Molybdenum, Skywards Zirconium
The soup is no longer Thai green curry lentil as of this afternoon but just plain old lentil…
Old Jan 26, 22, 9:32 am

Thanks for posting the latest menus and reviews. I'm pleased that the CCR is trying to offer more interesting salad selections. That they are all vegan is less impressive. My husband is not delighted with the main meat and fish options. Once again, vegetarians are ignored and the lowest common denominator vegan option is used as an excuse to cut costs.
Old Jan 26, 22, 10:18 am

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
Thanks orbitmic.

Cheese plate - totally agree with the comparison. They need to put some different cheeses on there. And the crackers, less said the better.

Mackerel , my last order of the mackerel was absolutely lovely, just right and none too oily.

I think ill give the carrot and coconut salad a try next time, minus the shoots, though!
orbitmic likes this.
Old Jan 26, 22, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GfL+CCR, Aclub Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by crazyarmadillo View Post
minus the shoots, though!
youíll probably get them on everything else!!
RB211 and crazyarmadillo like this.
Old Jan 26, 22, 2:09 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Tit/ LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, GHA Tit, BA Gold
Originally Posted by quitecontrary View Post
Thanks - Iíll have to stick to that 23year old rum with lime and coke then - Iíve had it in the Flounge. Itís delicious. That is if I havenít drunk too much champagne and wine!
You're presumably speaking about Zacapa 23 which contrary to the impression provided by the number in the name is not 23 year old rum. It's actually a mix (marketed as "solera", only it's actually not) of rums between 6 and 23 years old, with a much heavier focus on the lower end...
orbitmic likes this.
Old Jan 26, 22, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by orbitmic View Post
OK, wanted to order some of the new things to figure out how I feel about the January menu. My lunch today:

Fishcake (as starter, as I object to "only plated" starters like smoked salmon or cured pork)
Grilled mackerel (as main)
Carrot and chickpea salad (side)
Cheese plate (one should never have to choose between cheese and dessert)
Sticky toffee pudding (I don't really like their caramel slice - too "moussey" for me)
Pictures! Pictures!

Just because... I'm challenged to imagine the carrot and coconut salad.
Old Jan 26, 22, 2:39 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by carrotjuice View Post
Pictures! Pictures!

Just because... I'm challenged to imagine the carrot and coconut salad.
it's shown in post 2.
orbitmic and crazyarmadillo like this.
Old Jan 26, 22, 5:13 pm

it's shown in post 2.
Ah, thank you. Now I regret seeing what I can't un-see...
AnaTravel likes this.
Old Jan 26, 22, 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by carrotjuice View Post
Ah, thank you. Now I regret seeing what I can't un-see...
That does look like a bit of an abomination... not that I'm a big fan of salads anyway!

rb211.
Old Jan 27, 22, 4:00 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete View Post
You're presumably speaking about Zacapa 23 which contrary to the impression provided by the number in the name is not 23 year old rum. It's actually a mix (marketed as "solera", only it's actually not) of rums between 6 and 23 years old, with a much heavier focus on the lower end...
Don't they also add caramel for colouring (and flavour)?
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Jan 27, 22, 7:55 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Tit/ LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, GHA Tit, BA Gold
Originally Posted by alex67500 View Post
Don't they also add caramel for colouring (and flavour)?
It's very likely, yes (as far as I know it's never been confirmed, but the colour is highly suggestive of caramel). To be even more pedantic, you won't taste the caramel which is there purely for colour, but as Zacapa 23 has been tested to have >10x the sugar content of some other Caribbean aged rums, it's likely that 20-30g of sugar per litre is added for flavour.
Old Jan 29, 22, 6:23 am

Would someone please let me know what time the CCR is currently closing?

I'm going to book the 8pm flight to Boston for the first weekend in May and hoping the CCR will be open and we aren't turfed over to the Flounge terrace. Will be flying with a couple of First Firsters so would like them to get the full experience.

Thank you

Search this Thread