Wiki Posts
Search

BA holiday booking

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2021, 7:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: British airways
BA holiday booking

booked a BAH package flights to Los Angeles (from edi) then 5 nights hotel in Chicago and return flights from ord to edi, outwith BWC depart 25 August return 05 sept. IDoes anyone know if I add to this with accommodation in Los Angeles would this be in line for double tier points? Extension only added after I booked
I know it states can't add hotel or car after the fact, but doesn't state anything if you have already got a BAH booking like mine
Old Dec 25, 2021, 3:16 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold-GGL
Is the whole itinerary a BAH booking? It's not clear what part is/isn't.
Old Dec 25, 2021, 4:13 pm
Original Poster

Booked as edi-lhr-lax 25/08
5 nights hotel Chicago
Ord-lhr-edi 05/09. And this is the booking on the ATOL voucher so this is all included in the package
only reason we didn't add hotel in Los Angeles is
​​​​​​we got a better deal direct but if we can get double tier points it's a bonus that we would be willing to pay slightly more for the hotel
paid deposit by FTV (but payment has still to show up on my booking.
booked over phone and from BAH, and have ATOL certificate
​​​​​

Last edited by Kaylas76; Dec 25, 2021 at 5:06 pm
Old Dec 25, 2021, 11:31 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
I’d suggest that this may be a case where you might want to cancel for FTV for your deposit and rebook the whole trip with hotels for duration.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2021, 3:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by zanderblue
I’d suggest that this may be a case where you might want to cancel for FTV for your deposit and rebook the whole trip with hotels for duration.
Don't think I can cancel for FTV as trip is outwith the dates for buy with confidence,

Old Dec 26, 2021, 3:28 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
Not sure this would qualify, as one of the conditions is that:
the hotel or car element of the booking must be booked for the duration of the trip.
Although you are outside BWC, there is always an option to change, but potentially with a change fee. And the other thing I can ever understand with BAH is the flexibility of the hotel part. The BAH T&Cs talk about whether the hotel is refundable but that never seems to be specified in the post-booking paperwork.

The offer Ts&Cs are linked on this page: https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...days/holidays#

And there's a lot more in the dedicated thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...-bookings.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.