Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA231 LHR/MRU crew shortage

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2021, 1:10 am
Original Poster

BA231 LHR/MRU crew shortage

Having been on this flight yesterday, it was certainly obvious that BA are struggling for crew.

Apart from the usual welcome on board stow your hand luggage properly, the first announcement was that they were operating with minimum crew due to shortages and that service would be reduced.

As it turned out, this meant no PDB and a challenge to get a top up during meal service but other than that service was normal.
Old Dec 19, 2021, 1:45 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire
I think this is just the beginning of these problems. The current guidelines are just designed to cause these problems. I’m sure soon BA have to decide which flight to run and which flight to cancel because of crew shortage.
I’m sure the crew on your flight did everything they could do and I’m sure they will well deserve the 2 days break at the nice and sunny Mauritius before operating the return with minimum crew again.
Can I help you and becks1 like this.
Old Dec 19, 2021, 2:19 am
Original Poster

You are correct, I should have said that the crew did a good job with limited resource. I did have a small chat with the in-charge and the upside to the MRU run on Friday evening was that they have 5 days here.
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2021, 2:29 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire
Not to worry I thought they are operating on the 20 th dec flight back.
5 days def better than 2. Well deserved for them.

Last edited by Krisz; Dec 19, 2021 at 2:38 am
Old Dec 19, 2021, 3:06 am

Programs: BA LTG, UA Gold, EK Silver, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Krisz
Not to worry I thought they are operating on the 20 th dec flight back.
5 days def better than 2. Well deserved for them.
Let's hope BA given them more than £5 a night to live on
haroon145, lhrtolgw, MFCC and 4 others like this.
Old Dec 19, 2021, 6:09 am

We are currently desperately short on crew. Reports from LHR this morning is that there were at one point 8 flights waiting for an SCCM (IFL/IFM) to be allocated with waits up to an hour after they were meant to report.
becks1 likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2021, 7:46 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Every large organisation operating in London and southeast England is desperately short of staff right now Restaurants and pubs are making cancellations and closures. The next big issue will be people stranded for Christmas when flights are inevitably cancelled.
Old Dec 19, 2021, 11:28 am

Erm. How many were laid off over the past couple of years?
truncated, Tocsin and NoY like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.