Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seatshifters are back with a vengeance

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2021, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
No wonder folk can't get through on the phone for urgent queries ! Ringing now for seat assignments in February !
Old Dec 17, 2021, 9:31 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
No wonder folk can't get through on the phone for urgent queries ! Ringing now for seat assignments in February !
I thought Silver members were to blame for holding on for an hour before being cut off
nancypants and EDIwanderer like this.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
I thought Silver members were to blame for holding on for an hour before being cut off
LOL I got through after 35 minutes and was told my refund had been processed but it could take up to 21 days for me to see the cash back but the nice Glaswegian lady said she was going "to give it a kick". 21 days is not great when I am currency exposed on this ticket as it was priced in US$.

They could have saved themselves a call if they had bothered to send me an email to say they had cancelled it 3 days ago.
becks1 likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 10:53 am

4K is the designated rest seat for flight crew on 777s with no bunks where a 3rd pilot is carried. A lot of the LGW 777s have no bunks, so in general I avoid booking 4K as there is a high risk it will not be available come departure.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 11:43 am

I just got punted out of 7K on a 789, and it is now showing as blocked. My flight is in two weeks so I very much doubt it is airframe specific. What gives?

rb211.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
7K is also a flight crew rest seat on certain routes.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by GSTBD
4K is the designated rest seat for flight crew on 777s with no bunks where a 3rd pilot is carried. A lot of the LGW 777s have no bunks, so in general I avoid booking 4K as there is a high risk it will not be available come departure.
You'd think ba.com would block it as a matter of course in that case, instead of 7 days out when there are only sh%%y seats left for their supposedly most valued customers.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 12:02 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by GSTBD
4K is the designated rest seat for flight crew on 777s with no bunks where a 3rd pilot is carried.
While that is true, ANU isn't a route that would fall into that category, unless something has recently changed.
aristoph likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by Can I help you
7K is also a flight crew rest seat on certain routes.
Thanks, CIHY! This is from SFO, and I have sat it that seat several times before on this route. Has something changed, do you know? And if this is a crew rest seat for this flight, does anyone know why this wouldn't automatically be blocked when the equipment is assigned?

rb211.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by aristoph
You'd think ba.com would block it as a matter of course in that case, instead of 7 days out when there are only sh%%y seats left for their supposedly most valued customers.
This does seem to be another example of BA shooting itself (or maybe the customer) in the foot!

rb211.
aristoph likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RB211
Thanks, CIHY! This is from SFO, and I have sat it that seat several times before on this route. Has something changed, do you know? And if this is a crew rest seat for this flight, does anyone know why this wouldn't automatically be blocked when the equipment is assigned?

rb211.
I cannot remember if 7J or 7K is the rest seat when it’s a three pilot crew but there maybe a forth pilot on your flight for some reason.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by Can I help you
I cannot remember if 7J or 7K is the rest seat when it’s a three pilot crew but there maybe a forth pilot on your flight for some reason.
Thanks. 7J is open. I have never seen this on the SFO route before.

rb211.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 1:52 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I know 7K is at risk from LAX, SFO, SAN, PHX so I deliberately wouldn't choose that seat. DEN is I think the last point of safety. However depending on the flight crew, 7K can and does get released back to the passengers. There is a thread about this one somewhere.
craigthemif, ENTP and TTmex like this.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If there is a First seat available they normally ask for the rest seat to be moved.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I know 7K is at risk from LAX, SFO, SAN, PHX so I deliberately wouldn't choose that seat. DEN is I think the last point of safety. However depending on the flight crew, 7K can and does get released back to the passengers. There is a thread about this one somewhere.
Thank you, c-w-s, I guess it's 7A from now on for me. Strange that this is the first time it has happened to me though.

rb211.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.