Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

I was asked to show proof of negative test at check in. (GLA)

Old Dec 15, 2021, 3:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, Global Entry

I was asked to show proof of negative test this morning (which I have no issue with), this despite having uploaded all docs to VeriFLY. (GLA-LHR-ATL)

This is more of an information post than anything, just so no one gets caught out. (I have no idea is this is an ongoing thing that wil be asked for)
Old Dec 15, 2021, 4:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Thrifty Scotsman
I was asked to show proof of negative test this morning (which I have no issue with), this despite having uploaded all docs to VeriFLY. (GLA-LHR-ATL)

This is more of an information post than anything, just so no one gets caught out. (I have no idea is this is an ongoing thing that wil be asked for)
it happens frequently. I do verifly every time, and have been asked for the proof of negative test (and even to refill the declaration online on a new link) whenever I have had the "documents need to be checked" (not least for flights to and from US).
Old Dec 15, 2021, 4:38 am

Programs: BA Gold
Did you tell them you'd done Verifly? I'm often asked, but when i tell them I've done Verifly they just ask to see the app. Some times it all works seemlessly and they can see you've done Verifly and don't ask, but it's definitely not always the case.
Old Dec 15, 2021, 5:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cosmo74
Did you tell them you'd done Verifly? I'm often asked, but when i tell them I've done Verifly they just ask to see the app. Some times it all works seemlessly and they can see you've done Verifly and don't ask, but it's definitely not always the case.
I had shown them the VeriFLY app before I was asked.
Old Dec 15, 2021, 5:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by orbitmic
it happens frequently. I do verifly every time, and have been asked for the proof of negative test (and even to refill the declaration online on a new link) whenever I have had the "documents need to be checked" (not least for flights to and from US).
Interesting, my only other long haul flight recenty was in Sept to YYZ, the VeriFLY app sufficed then.(Hence why I was a biy surprised at this)
Old Dec 15, 2021, 6:09 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Avis Preferred
it is all quite random. i completed over a dozen segments recently on BA and each time i had verifly where available and/or the BA docs upload and would still be asked for proof of my test almost 100% of the time in sept with less interest as time went on but even in late nov they would ask maybe 40% of the time.
Old Dec 15, 2021, 6:48 pm

Everyone should always come prepared to show all documentation the good old fashioned (analog) way! What would one do if Verifly was down?

rb211.
SxMan and T8191 like this.
Old Dec 15, 2021, 7:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by RB211
Everyone should always come prepared to show all documentation the good old fashioned (analog) way! What would one do if Verifly was down?

rb211.
you take a screenshot of the VeriFLY green check mark? But I agree, you need to have the documents either electronically (in screenshots, too) or paper accessible.
Old Dec 15, 2021, 7:18 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by RB211

rb211.
Indeed. The VeriFLY checklist asks that very question.
Old Dec 15, 2021, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Was there a handwritten sign telling you to have the results ready for inspection ?
DelTroon likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2021, 5:56 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Plat for Life, ex BD Gld (RIP)
Ditto at EDI. I was told that they "don't do Verifly here"
Old Dec 16, 2021, 6:08 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, BD Blue (RIP)
Originally Posted by superscot
Ditto at EDI. I was told that they "don't do Verifly here"
Oddly EDI 3 weeks ago wanted to see the test but were happy to trust Verifly when it came to vaccine status.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.