Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Euroflyer - ‘low-cost’ shorthaul subsidiary at Gatwick - launching 29th Mar 2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 14, 2021, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 1Aturnleft
BA plan to resume or start flights to the destinations below from the dates shown (Summer 2023)

Alicante - from 29th March
Amsterdam - from 29th March
Antalya - from 2nd April
Athens - from 4th May
Bari - from 3rd April
Berlin - from 7th May
Bordeaux - from 16th May
Cagliari - from 24th May
Catania - from 31st March
Dalaman - from 23rd April
Dubrovnik - from 4th April
Faro - from 30th March
Gran Canaria - from 2nd April
Heraklion - from 24th April
Ibiza - from 3rd May
Kos - from 24th April
Lanzarote - from 30th March
Larnaca - from 29th March
Madrid - from 16th May
Malaga - from 7th April
Malta - from 14th April
Marrakesh - from 31st March
Menorca - from 16th May
Nice - from 31st March
Milan (MXP) - from 4th May
Palma - from 7th May
Paphos - from 29th March
Rhodes - from 28th April
Santorini - from 15th April
Seville - from 15th April
Tenerife - from 29th March
Thessaloniki - from 14th April
Turin - from 4th April
Venice - from 26th April
Verona - from 16th April

Print Wikipost

BA Euroflyer - ‘low-cost’ shorthaul subsidiary at Gatwick - launching 29th Mar 2022

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2021, 8:16 am

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
Originally Posted by vectismanpaul
I have seen a summary on another forum. However, I am not sure I am allowed to link to it on here.
It looks about 280 short haul departures a week, which includes daily Glasgow and Manchester services. So initially about 40 daily slot pairs.
If you add the other 10 or so daily departures currently planned for long haul next Summer you can see why some slots have been leased out for Summer 2022.
BA was using up to 90 daily slot pairs in Summer 2019. As both long haul and short haul services expand the leased slots will once again be needed.
thanks. And does the number of slots include the ones acquired from Thomas Cook? I have the impression these were never used
Old Dec 16, 2021, 8:26 am

Programs: BA Executive Club
They did use some of the slots acquired from Monarch mainly. They increased Summer flights from 70 slot pairs in 2018 to 90 slot pairs in 2019. Others were used by other IAG airlines and some by Qatar Airways. Remember it was IAG that acquired the slots not BA. I am not sure about the Thomas Cook ones.
Old Dec 16, 2021, 8:46 am

Programs: BA Blue, EI Silver, Honours Gold, Marriott Gold
I am not sure about the Thomas Cook ones.
easyJet bought Thomas Cook's LGW and BRS slots, Jet2 the Manchester, Birmingham and Stansted ones.
vectismanpaul likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2021, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by BrianDromey
easyJet bought Thomas Cook's LGW and BRS slots, Jet2 the Manchester, Birmingham and Stansted ones.
I thought so, thanks for the confirmation.
BrianDromey likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 12:18 am

My new flights all show as Business rather than Club Europe in MMB. Is this just an IT glitch? Are BA going to move away from the CE marketing? Or will there be a different product offered on the LGW routes?
Old Dec 17, 2021, 2:08 am

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
I thought so, thanks for the confirmation.
Sorry for the confusion. Meant Monarch.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 8:02 am
LPQ

Programs: TG *G 20 years
Timetable shows 5 flights a week to TRN in May. The booking engine only has one flight a week - on Fridays.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 10:12 am

Programs: BAEC Blue (back to Earth)
I understood BA were keen to hang onto their Scottish based frequent fliers, the absence of a LGW-EDI flight makes redemption on the long haul beach fleet a pain. London Airways strikes once more.
skiaplg, groenroos and flight125 like this.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 11:23 am

Programs: Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by LPQ
Timetable shows 5 flights a week to TRN in May. The booking engine only has one flight a week - on Fridays.
There is still shuffling of times/aircraft/flights for the summer season going on across LHR and LGW, with more changes for one route I have a booking happening overnight last night.
Old Dec 23, 2021, 2:16 am

Programs: Honors Diamond
Still looks like there is shuffling going on judging by the cancellations I have got through over the last few days.

Currently seems like ACE finishes as a split Heathrow/Gatwick route on 22 May to become Gatwick only for the rest of the summer season. Then nothing scheduled at all after that.

It would be really helpful if BA published a proper list of Heathrow, Gatwick and shared destinations going forward. The flip side is that the cancellations mean I am racking up a few essentially fully flex bookings which is handy.
Old Dec 23, 2021, 2:57 am

I wonder if the fact that Wizzair has just gained another 15 daily slot pairs at Gatwick for Summer 2022(Bought from Norwegian) will further influence the development
of Euroflyer at Gatwick. BA ,and indeed Easyjet for that matter, will not want then to become too established. Hence the BA and easyjet slot lease deal for Summer 2022.
I can see BA responding by continuing to expand the Gatwick short haul fleet and using those slots. Also some rumours that Bangkok could be a BA long haul Gatwick route in the medium to long term.
It has been cancelled from Heathrow until at least next October. It is a lower yield mainly point to point route, maybe better suited to Gatwick. I expect they will be seeing how the new Scoot Gatwick to Bangkok route works out.
Of course everything depending on the public health situation.
lcylocal and FamilyOf6 like this.
Old Dec 23, 2021, 4:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Annoyingly, some of those lgw flights now seem to replace some lhr frequencies in the summer season so ba has moved my santorini flight from lhr to lgw. No thank you.

thankfully I believe done frequencies are remaining lhr or Lcy so will change dates to get the airports I want (I prefer that)
Old Dec 23, 2021, 4:16 am

Programs: BA Blue, EI Silver, Honours Gold, Marriott Gold
I can see BA responding by continuing to expand the Gatwick short haul fleet and using those slots. Also some rumours that Bangkok could be a BA long haul Gatwick route in the medium to long term.
The LGW 3-class fleet seems well suited to BKK and if they were going to operate routes like DOH from LGW, I see no reason BKK could not be there. It would fit with the rest of the network quite well. Is BKK a JV route with QR?
Old Dec 23, 2021, 4:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
Interestingly, Bilbao is still in the timetable but remains off sale.
Old Dec 23, 2021, 4:51 am

Wizzair just announced 14 new routes to and from London Gatwick for Summer 2022. Some with new based aircraft others from overseas bases.
Obviously keen to use all those newly acquired slots. Be interesting how BA and easyjet respond.
On the plus side South Terminal will definitely need to be operation to cope with increased demand.
IAG airlines will want to be back in their South Terminal home as will others.
Rumours say plans are underway for a staggered re-opening in 2022.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.