Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Euroflyer - ‘low-cost’ shorthaul subsidiary at Gatwick - launching 29th Mar 2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 14, 2021, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 1Aturnleft
BA plan to resume or start flights to the destinations below from the dates shown (Summer 2023)

Alicante - from 29th March
Amsterdam - from 29th March
Antalya - from 2nd April
Athens - from 4th May
Bari - from 3rd April
Berlin - from 7th May
Bordeaux - from 16th May
Cagliari - from 24th May
Catania - from 31st March
Dalaman - from 23rd April
Dubrovnik - from 4th April
Faro - from 30th March
Gran Canaria - from 2nd April
Heraklion - from 24th April
Ibiza - from 3rd May
Kos - from 24th April
Lanzarote - from 30th March
Larnaca - from 29th March
Madrid - from 16th May
Malaga - from 7th April
Malta - from 14th April
Marrakesh - from 31st March
Menorca - from 16th May
Nice - from 31st March
Milan (MXP) - from 4th May
Palma - from 7th May
Paphos - from 29th March
Rhodes - from 28th April
Santorini - from 15th April
Seville - from 15th April
Tenerife - from 29th March
Thessaloniki - from 14th April
Turin - from 4th April
Venice - from 26th April
Verona - from 16th April

Print Wikipost

BA Euroflyer - ‘low-cost’ shorthaul subsidiary at Gatwick - launching 29th Mar 2022

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2022, 12:21 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by rapidex
The Titan B757 will be back, not sure exactly when.
BA have seconded a number of Heathrow crew to Gatwick for six months on full Heathrow pay and allowances.
This may be the reason for the Finnair wetlease at Heathrow.
The secondments may also be linked to staff training at BA Euroflyer.
The Finnair lease is also to stabilise the schedules after the recent disruption.
SxMan likes this.
Old May 9, 2022, 5:34 am

Programs: Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by A13
thanks, thought it was 2-3 days but couldn’t find it mentioned anyway. Will call tomorrow morning. Cheers.
For reference the guidelines can be found here: https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...policies/askba

They are called British Airways LGW Wetlease Operation S22 - Customer Guidelines.

This website tends to work best on a desktop.
Old May 9, 2022, 1:42 pm

One positive comment made by BA CEO during the first quarter results question and answer session was that revenues for the Gatwick short haul operation
were exceeding expectations.
TedToToe likes this.
Old May 9, 2022, 1:56 pm
A13

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by lcylocal
For reference the guidelines can be found here: https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...policies/askba

They are called British Airways LGW Wetlease Operation S22 - Customer Guidelines.

This website tends to work best on a desktop.
Thanks. Called up and sorted this morning. Call answered in 10 minutes but took half hour to sort out as the agent was trying to get me a quote for the change (and send to back office and get back to me) before i corrected them that it should be FOC.
lcylocal likes this.
Old May 10, 2022, 1:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by vectismanpaul
One positive comment made by BA CEO during the first quarter results question and answer session was that revenues for the Gatwick short haul operation
were exceeding expectations.
I'm guessing costs are too, given the cost of wet leasing an aircraft.
Old May 10, 2022, 1:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
One positive comment made by BA CEO during the first quarter results question and answer session was that revenues for the Gatwick short haul operation were exceeding expectations.
In current circumstances, that's almost part of the problem! There seems to have been an element of surprise across the whole industry about the speed with which demand has recovered, although some airlines have dealt with it better than others.
Old May 10, 2022, 9:24 am

Please find below the first tranche of services announced by BA in late January for Gatwick short haul Winter 2022/2023.
Hopefully soon there will be some announcement regarding the full proposed schedule.

British Airways Short Haul Gatwick Winter 2022/2023

Manchester Daily (W pattern) Mainline

Glasgow Daily (W pattern) Mainline

Alicante 6 weekly

Bordeaux 9 weekly

Faro 10 weekly

Las Palmas 3 weekly

Lanzarote 6 weekly

Malta 4 weekly

Palma 3 weekly

Seville 5 weekly

Turin 10 weekly

Last edited by vectismanpaul; May 10, 2022 at 9:46 am
Old May 10, 2022, 10:51 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum Elite
Please find below the first tranche of services announced by BA in late January for Gatwick short haul Winter 2022/2023.
Hopefully soon there will be some announcement regarding the full proposed schedule.

British Airways Short Haul Gatwick Winter 2022/2023

Manchester Daily (W pattern) Mainline

Glasgow Daily (W pattern) Mainline

Alicante 6 weekly

Bordeaux 9 weekly

Faro 10 weekly

Las Palmas 3 weekly

Lanzarote 6 weekly

Malta 4 weekly

Palma 3 weekly

Seville 5 weekly

Turin 10 weekly
Still badly missing EDI from my perspective
Bohinjska Bistrica likes this.
Old May 10, 2022, 10:59 am

The only way I can see Edinburgh coming back is as a mainline W pattern. It really does seem
that BA only intends BAEuroflyer to fly European/North Africa Routes. Could be wrong of course!
Although I do wonder if sometime in the future we could see some BAEuroflyer services from places like Manchester, Birmingham or Glasgow.
Just a thought!
Old May 10, 2022, 11:05 am

Programs: BA Silver
The only way I can see Edinburgh coming back is as a mainline W pattern. It really does seem
that BA only intends BAEuroflyer to fly European/North Africa Routes. Could be wrong of course!
Although I do wonder if sometime in the future we could see some BAEuroflyer services from places like Manchester, Birmingham or Glasgow.
Just a thought!
If true, this is a real PITA. BA pricing to LHR from Edinburgh is outrageous most of the time (I assume as all of the seats are being taken by connecting passengers)

It’s making it extremely difficult to use them to get into London and I hoped that if LGW - EDI flights restarted it would relieve some of this pressure. There certainly doesn’t seem to be any load issues on LON - EDI flights…
Old May 10, 2022, 11:24 am
formerly JackDann

Originally Posted by skiaplg
If true, this is a real PITA. BA pricing to LHR from Edinburgh is outrageous most of the time (I assume as all of the seats are being taken by connecting passengers)

It’s making it extremely difficult to use them to get into London and I hoped that if LGW - EDI flights restarted it would relieve some of this pressure. There certainly doesn’t seem to be any load issues on LON - EDI flights…
Similar with BHD. Aer Lingus used to fly BHD - LGW and it was fantastic, would like to see BA introduce it. Thankfully EasyJet started the route back up and the only downside is flying into LGW North Terminal.
Old May 10, 2022, 12:35 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum Elite
Just a thought!
I hope the currently limited destinations is down to limited crew/aircraft during the starting of Euroflyer and that in the fullness of time it is more than just EU/NA routes.

Right now I would take a W pattern over nothing and comeback from EZY. I was hoping some might even apear during the Edinburgh festivals over the summer (keep dreaming, I know). Long term, I would hope for a return to 2/3 daily, the route always seemed busy pre-covid for BA and continues to seem so for EZY in my experience.
skiaplg likes this.
Old May 10, 2022, 12:41 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Just a thought!
The key thing with MAN and GLA is, to feed LGW long haul. For a single flight to be most effective, the inbound needs to arrive earlier, with the outbound later. Hence the W pattern out of LHR. I guess EDI could work if there was sufficient feed.

Last edited by TedToToe; May 10, 2022 at 12:49 pm
Old May 10, 2022, 1:05 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue (back to Earth)
Just a thought!
Edinburgh being a European city with an inbound tourism rate WAYYY higher than....checks notes.....Glasgow.
Running a route for connections only was a money loser big time in old world, so no idea what the nos for MAN-LGW must look like to be worth the candle in that market.
skiaplg and vectismanpaul like this.
Old May 10, 2022, 1:25 pm

Just to be clear I was speculating about European destinations from the likes of Manchester etc… not domestics.
However, it would be tough to to do so after so many years.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.