Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Euroflyer - ‘low-cost’ shorthaul subsidiary at Gatwick - launching 29th Mar 2022

Old Dec 14, 2021, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 1Aturnleft
BA plan to resume or start flights to the destinations below from the dates shown (Summer 2023)

Alicante - from 29th March
Amsterdam - from 29th March
Antalya - from 2nd April
Athens - from 4th May
Bari - from 3rd April
Berlin - from 7th May
Bordeaux - from 16th May
Cagliari - from 24th May
Catania - from 31st March
Dalaman - from 23rd April
Dubrovnik - from 4th April
Faro - from 30th March
Gran Canaria - from 2nd April
Heraklion - from 24th April
Ibiza - from 3rd May
Kos - from 24th April
Lanzarote - from 30th March
Larnaca - from 29th March
Madrid - from 16th May
Malaga - from 7th April
Malta - from 14th April
Marrakesh - from 31st March
Menorca - from 16th May
Nice - from 31st March
Milan (MXP) - from 4th May
Palma - from 7th May
Paphos - from 29th March
Rhodes - from 28th April
Santorini - from 15th April
Seville - from 15th April
Tenerife - from 29th March
Thessaloniki - from 14th April
Turin - from 4th April
Venice - from 26th April
Verona - from 16th April

Print Wikipost

BA Euroflyer - ‘low-cost’ shorthaul subsidiary at Gatwick - launching 29th Mar 2022

Old Apr 12, 2022, 1:18 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue (back to Earth)
So when do BA Euroflyer begin ops on their own AOC?
G-GATL is still at LHR with 2 LHR-LGW flights showing on fr24 on the 11th. Plans seem to have changed.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 1:28 pm

GATL is at Gatwick. On stand 134 to be precise.
vectismanpaul likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by steview111
GATL is at Gatwick. On stand 134 to be precise.
My bad, 2nd plan on 11th DID fly.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 5:00 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Originally Posted by vectismanpaul
Not possible for G-GATL to do Faro and Arrecife, as latter departs at 1350 and aircraft doesn't get back from Faro until 1450.
Still a couple of aircraft to be allocated to flights yet though according to FR24.
However FR24 is not reliable at times. It still doesn't show G-GATL at Gatwick.
How it was meant to be written was ' it is either doing 4 flights on the 13th incorporating a return to Faro & a return to Amsterdam or just 1 return to ACE;. Given it is currently on its way back from Faro, then I am assuming the Amsterdam turn at 4pm today holds.

Pilot37
Old Apr 13, 2022, 5:37 am

Programs: BA Executive Club
Yes. All flights are operating so 5th aircraft will operate the Arrecife. First time they have used 5 aircraft. If no Iberia Express arrives they will need all 6 tomorrow.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 3:08 am

First Iberia Express aircraft operating on lease to BA Euroflyer today with 3 scheduled flights. Ba Euroflyer beginning to ramp up services now. Now 6 based own aircraft and 1 leased compared to 3 at the end of March. Daily departures increasing almost everyday too and should reach nearly 40 by peak summer. Generally good feedback so far.

Just wish we could have some more announcements about winter 2022/2023 in addition to those already released.
paulaf likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 5:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
BA are to resume their Gatwick to Jersey service this summer, operating a daily service.

The flights, like other LGW domestics, will be operated by LHR aircraft and crew in a W rotation. This means Jersey will see 2 nightstopping aircraft this summer.

This will enable connections to/from long-haul LGW routes like Doha/Tampa/Cancun etc
Old Apr 14, 2022, 5:45 am

GATN on route to LHR from MAD
Pilot37 likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 10:30 am

The 2nd leased Iberia Express Airbus for BA Euroflyer operations due to arrive at Gatwick just after midnight. EC-LLE
First flight on Friday to Seville. In time for Easter rush.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 12:39 am

The 3rd leased Iberia Express Airbus has this morning arrived at Gatwick for BA Euroflyer services. EC-LYM.
First service to Malaga this morning.
Some more G-GATx should also be on their way to Gatwick in the coming days.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 3:14 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
The 3rd leased Iberia Express Airbus has this morning arrived at Gatwick for BA Euroflyer services. EC-LYM.
First service to Malaga this morning.
I'm sure the answer is in this thread somewhere but, are they operating specific routes? Spain, I guess, to rotate the crew.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 3:22 am

Programs: BA Gold
I’m on an Iberia Express aircraft tonight (which I am fine with and I’ve known about for ages thanks to this forum and Expertflyer). Interesting to see that BA are sending out apologetic emails and texts the night before, saying “due to operational issues the flight will be operated by Iberia Express and we apologise for any inconvenience caused to you”. There shouldn’t be any inconvenience but the night before is far too late to do anything about it if you’re not happy! As I said, I really don’t mind the change but I’ve had no other notification from BA about this and MMB still incorrectly says ‘operated by British Airways’.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 3:32 am

Some more G-GATx should also be on their way to Gatwick in the coming days.
G-GATS seems to have gone tech in Prague 16-18th, I think they're being run in gently at LHR after being extended storage with some TLC from wider Engineering cover available?
Old Apr 19, 2022, 3:57 am

Programs: Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by volar
I’m on an Iberia Express aircraft tonight (which I am fine with and I’ve known about for ages thanks to this forum and Expertflyer). Interesting to see that BA are sending out apologetic emails and texts the night before, saying “due to operational issues the flight will be operated by Iberia Express and we apologise for any inconvenience caused to you”. There shouldn’t be any inconvenience but the night before is far too late to do anything about it if you’re not happy! As I said, I really don’t mind the change but I’ve had no other notification from BA about this and MMB still incorrectly says ‘operated by British Airways’.
Will be interested in your thoughts about leg room, service etc. post-flight if you have a moment, as I have a few coming up.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 4:47 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by lcylocal
Will be interested in your thoughts about leg room, service etc. post-flight if you have a moment, as I have a few coming up.
Did MLA-LGW with I2 yesterday, leg room ok in row 1 (but not as much as BA), seats lack padding and don't recline (not that I use it).

Service was exemplary, perhaps better than some BA flights I have been on.

Band 4, so pre meal drinks and nuts, meal served and more drinks offered, then constant sweeps of the cabin to see if anyone needed anything.
IAMORGAN, lcylocal and m8_rotate like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.