Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Euroflyer - ‘low-cost’ shorthaul subsidiary at Gatwick - launching 29th Mar 2022

Old Dec 14, 2021, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 1Aturnleft
BA plan to resume or start flights to the destinations below from the dates shown (Summer 2023)

Alicante - from 29th March
Amsterdam - from 29th March
Antalya - from 2nd April
Athens - from 4th May
Bari - from 3rd April
Berlin - from 7th May
Bordeaux - from 16th May
Cagliari - from 24th May
Catania - from 31st March
Dalaman - from 23rd April
Dubrovnik - from 4th April
Faro - from 30th March
Gran Canaria - from 2nd April
Heraklion - from 24th April
Ibiza - from 3rd May
Kos - from 24th April
Lanzarote - from 30th March
Larnaca - from 29th March
Madrid - from 16th May
Malaga - from 7th April
Malta - from 14th April
Marrakesh - from 31st March
Menorca - from 16th May
Nice - from 31st March
Milan (MXP) - from 4th May
Palma - from 7th May
Paphos - from 29th March
Rhodes - from 28th April
Santorini - from 15th April
Seville - from 15th April
Tenerife - from 29th March
Thessaloniki - from 14th April
Turin - from 4th April
Venice - from 26th April
Verona - from 16th April

Print Wikipost

BA Euroflyer - ‘low-cost’ shorthaul subsidiary at Gatwick - launching 29th Mar 2022

Old Mar 7, 2022, 6:13 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Does anyone know when all the winter 22/23 flights to/from Gatwick might get loaded into the the schedules? Currently my regular Gatwick-Malaga option runs until 30th of October only.

I appreciate its a fair way in advance but any insights would be very welcome.
Sean Livesey likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2022, 6:43 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Lidl Plus
Originally Posted by Lynyrd
Has anyone checked the seatmaps for a lot of these LGW flights, are they to be the G-GATs? I am a bit out of the loop nowadays.
I have a booking to DBV in September which looks like a G-GATx seatmap (exit rows 12 and 13), can't see the front of the cabin to be absolutely sure as we're booked in the cheap seats! I did have a quick look online to see if it matched any of the Iberia Express A320 seat maps, given that it sounds like they may be operating a proportion of the EuroFlyer services on a wet lease arrangement, but it doesn't seem to. That being said, I'm sure there's plenty of scope for an equipment change between now and then.
Old Mar 7, 2022, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by bhbloke
Had some Menorca flights in late April cancelled already, only booked them once I saw the new LGW summer timetable.

I guess I'll have to do the Iberia Barcelona-Mahon shuffle now.
Vueling are doing Menorca, some very good prices too when I was playing around
SxMan likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2022, 12:06 pm
formerly fdemoulin

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, BA Silver, Virgin Flying Club Red
Originally Posted by alanw
Curious they're flying to (nearly) every airport in Spain except for BCN...
and palma, luckily the LGW flights I booked are BA. I fly this route monthly in CE( only for tier points!). Surprised PMI wasn’t added to euroflyer list as Ibiza and Minorca are there
Old Mar 16, 2022, 2:20 am

Programs: BA Executive Club
BA Euroflyer is serving Palma from Gatwick.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 3:42 am

Originally Posted by Lynyrd
Has anyone checked the seatmaps for a lot of these LGW flights, are they to be the G-GATs? I am a bit out of the loop nowadays.
My PMI booking in CE in October is showing as a 3 row 'normal' A320 seat plan - i.e. not the G-GAT plan. It's also showing as operated by "British Airways".
Lynyrd likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 3:48 am

Programs: BA Executive Club
I believe flights will show as British Airways until AOC is fully granted. The airline will not only use G-GATx aircraft as there are only 10 of them and the BAEuroflyer fleet will be at least 18 this summer.
I am assuming G-GATx aircraft will be used, although some of them have been operating from Heathrow these past two years.
It may also depend on demand. Some routes may warrant the A321 but we will have to wait and see.
I am impatient to hear more about their winter schedules from Gatwick. So far 9 routes have been announced from October. Lots of gaps so hopefully more to come.
ReadystEDIgo likes this.

Last edited by vectismanpaul; Mar 16, 2022 at 4:02 am
Old Mar 25, 2022, 4:48 am

Programs: BA Gold
https://londonairtravel.com/2022/03/...wick-wetlease/

Flights operated by IB Express are now starting to show in the timetable.

I've also seen elsewhere that EuroFlyer were apparently granted their AOC last week.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 5:08 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
As I reported on a different thread my Easter MLA flights are showing as op by I2 now .
Old Mar 25, 2022, 6:02 am

The I2 wetlease aircraft will have normal BA meals and bars loaded, and are also A320s with the same blocked middle seats in CE. So apart from the crew (and possibly also non-reclining seats?), there should be little difference for anyone sitting near the front.

LGW-MAD is the only ‘true’ Iberia Express route, with their service rather than BA’s.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 6:09 am

Programs: BAEC. Gold
Do they still get the same Avios and more importantly, Tier Points as standard BA flights?
Old Mar 25, 2022, 6:16 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Originally Posted by Confus
there should be little difference for anyone sitting near the front.
From memory the seats are even tighter than BA, as well as non-reclining. No curtain or wardrobe either. Not much different, but...
Old Mar 25, 2022, 6:19 am

Originally Posted by ajamieson
From memory the seats are even tighter than BA, as well as non-reclining. No curtain or wardrobe either. Not much different, but...
I don't recall being on an I2 flight without a curtain.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 6:21 am

Originally Posted by Fatdickie
Do they still get the same Avios and more importantly, Tier Points as standard BA flights?
Wetleases are standard BA flights. Ignore the colour of the tail, what matters is the company responsible for their operation.

As mentioned above, the only difference is between flights that are operated by and for I2 and those operated by I2 for BA. I suspect the former will actually have a separate check-in area, given they will depart in Resiber, not FLY, but the latter will be fully handled by BA.

You can tell the difference by the prime (operational) flight number.
Fatdickie likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 6:46 am

Programs: MUCCI, British Airways Executive Club Gold
My flight to SVQ in May is saying in MMB: Operated by Iberia Express.

This hasn’t been communicated by BA. Is this essentially like a GB Airways of old situation? Or will this be staffed by BA crew? Sorry all a bit confusing! Having had the ‘pleasure’ of Iberia Express before, I can’t say I’m too excited!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.