Wiki Posts
Search

Has BA given up on Nantes?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2021, 7:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Virgin, Hilton, Marriott
Has BA given up on Nantes?

We need to travel to Nantes in Summer 2022 - but I cannot find any BA flights (unlike in previous years). Even the new lo-cost LGW destinations do not include Nantes.
Am I missing something?
Old Dec 14, 2021, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
As far it looks, that seems the case.
I couldn't see any scheduled BA flight to Nantes at this time.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 7:45 am

Programs: BAEC
Unfortunately, BA dropped Nantes in 2019. If you are looking to fly BA to that region, your best bet is London City to Quimper.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 8:16 am

Salzburg also seems to be a victim as well, which I'm even more surprised about.
SxMan and alex67500 like this.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 9:34 am
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Have they also given up on Genoa (GOA) too - can't find anything in S22 schedules? Quite a big cruise market from GOA (usually anyway) and the only direct LON-GOA since BA pulled the route is Ryanair from the ghastly Stansted
Old Dec 14, 2021, 9:41 am

Salzburg and Innsbruck have become winter seasonal, but will definitely remain part of the network going forward.

Genoa and Bilbao are the routes that have gone completely from S22. But that is best in the Euroflyer thread.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 9:42 am

Programs: Lufthansa Miles & More, BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by BAeuro
Unfortunately, BA dropped Nantes in 2019. If you are looking to fly BA to that region, your best bet is London City to Quimper.
Doesn't seem to be, Flightradar24 shows flights and also they do fly there.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by IFlyPlanes
Doesn't seem to be, Flightradar24 shows flights and also they do fly there.
London City to Quimper is a summer seasonal route - so it wouldn’t be running now.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 9:47 am

Programs: Lufthansa Miles & More, BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by BAeuro
London City to Quimper is a summer seasonal route - so it wouldn’t be running now.
My bad, I meant to reply to the quote below:

Originally Posted by Dave_C
Salzburg also seems to be a victim as well, which I'm even more surprised about.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 11:04 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Diamond, IHG Diamond
You could connect via MAD?
Old Dec 14, 2021, 3:21 pm

Programs: MUCCI Classe des Flatteurs Preferes, LH SEN, BA silver, IHG Plat Amb, Accor Plat
Lurker_01 in case it helps and you aren’t already aware, it is possible to get a direct TGV train from Paris CDG to Nantes (plus some options with a change). The journey time for the direct train is around 3.5 hours.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 3:50 pm

Genoa and Bilbao are the routes that have gone completely from S22. But that is best in the Euroflyer thread.[/QUOTE]

Darn. Two of my favourite cities.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 10:07 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
NTE was always very much a half-hearted effort during the main summer months. BOD has been gone during this new Corona season.

In order to get to the UK, I am obliged to use either EasyJet or Rubbishair The cost of getting to Paris on the SNCF or Air France is expensive and inconvenient so I can put up with strident PAs for lottery tickets for one hour. I use The sight of the Flying Harp in spite of loathing Stansted as it is cheaper and one does not have to drive through the Dartfird Tunnel to get to my destination.
Old Dec 15, 2021, 2:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Virgin, Hilton, Marriott
Thanks for all the replies.
a. I (Stupidly) looked at "BA: Where we fly", and saw Nantes. Of course, no actual flights.
b. Whilst City to Quimper has a reasonable schedule, we need to hire a car, and there is no car hire at Quimper (and hence no fly-drive packages).
Old Dec 15, 2021, 3:17 am
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Haagen Daz
Genoa and Bilbao are the routes that have gone completely from S22. But that is best in the Euroflyer thread.
Agreed on Genoa, an incredibly underrated city and one that is so unappreciated. Most folk only head to the total tourist traps of Venice, Florence, Verona and Rome when visiting Italy and miss other real gems. Another is Pavia, 40km to the west of Milan. Really lovely place

Last edited by BOH; Dec 15, 2021 at 3:28 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.