Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Here we go again, more aircraft changes!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2021, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Originally Posted by SonicStar817
The only route that is "guaranteed" to have Club Suites is JFK.
Does this have an effective date? My mother's JFK-LHR at the end of the month is showing 2-4-2 configuration, even today, and has been non-CS since she booked it in October. When the schedule was lighter (only 2-3 flights a day) JFK did have all flights with CS.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 10:54 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines
BA change of aircraft

Received an email that BA was changing aircraft on our flight from SFO to London in April from A380 to 777. Oddly they gave us a map of the Business Class section to select our new seats as we had paid for them on the A380 but the map they presented was just 8 rows with just 4 seats across. Every seat map I have seen of an 777 in Business Class is 8 seats across. I think they presented the wrong aircraft for us to select our new seats. Also the row numbers (4 thru 12) do not match any of their 777 map configurations. I selected new seats but we'll see how this plays out. I did not pay extra for seat selection only to be placed next to a bathroom or galley....
Old Dec 13, 2021, 11:48 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Fraser
Does this have an effective date? My mother's JFK-LHR at the end of the month is showing 2-4-2 configuration, even today, and has been non-CS since she booked it in October. When the schedule was lighter (only 2-3 flights a day) JFK did have all flights with CS.
There was no specific date given when the press release was made, but more often than not the JFK flights are operated with a Club Suite configured aircraft.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 12:23 pm

Programs: BA Blue, EI Silver, Honours Gold, Marriott Gold
Check the AeroLopa website, you might find something close to the seat map you were presented with. There are a few 777 variants with 1-2-1 seating, these are the Club Suite aircraft. None have 8 rows though. There are 777-200 4-class and 3-class with Club Suite now as well as 777-300s with Club Suite as well.

https://www.aerolopa.com/ba-type-77m

There have been reports of MMB not displaying 777 seat maps correctly, so it could also be that.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
It’s showing nine across Y, so good news for the 75% of passengers, not squished into 10 across with the better seats upfront…!
Old Dec 13, 2021, 2:35 pm

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
i literally just noted that DEN swaps are frequent and saturday i bought a ticket with CS and here we are today back on to old CW
Old Dec 13, 2021, 3:01 pm

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by SurreyFlightPath
Please don’t be so patronising, I totally understand the operational reasons and rationale but when it affects you directly it’s frustrating.
I suggest you fly a better airline, like Qatar if having a good seat is important to you....
SxMan likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 5:00 pm

Programs: QF Platinum (LTG), OW Emerald, Accor Platinum; Hyatt Explorist.
YVR is now an A380 from A351 CS...annoying going back to that pathetic excuse for a hard 'business class' offering. Fingers crossed schedules change again to A351.

Last edited by Cedar Jet; Dec 13, 2021 at 7:03 pm
Old Dec 13, 2021, 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by SurreyFlightPath
My BA60 is heaving in J so why give passengers of a full flight an old and tired product?
No doubt it's heaving now given the reduction in cabin size from 76 seats on the 77H to 48 on the 77J. Despite MLE typically being premium heavy (one of the reasons why the route transferred over from LGW to LHR in the first place), my guess is there's currently more demand down the back on your particular dates in Economy which has bought about the aircraft swap.... it gives BA another 70 seats to play with which may work quite well revenue wise in conjunction with BA Holidays. I've noticed in the past month or so a significant amount of J redemption availability being released on LHR-MLE for multiple flights in the tail end of March which would indicate to me Club hasn't been selling particularly well... I don't think I've seen in excess of 4x J redemption availability during high season bookable at 4 months notice on the route ever. Typically BA offer 3 services a week on the route. I believe in March 2022 BA is proposing to operate 5 flights a week which may be diluting the passenger demand over previous years and allowing people to spread out over the course of any given week.

MLE is also one of those routes where the lead in booking time is less meaning there may be a surge in premium seats nearer to departure on any fare level, not just in discounted I/R class. I guess the advantage of having the route at Heathrow now is BA can tailor finely tune the aircraft type according to demand... this could still work in your favour and the aircraft swapped out again. It's still too far out to be getting unnecessarily disappointed. Just roll with the seat change for now and hope that F/J demand picks up enough to warrant another aircraft change back to a 77H.... the most premium heavy config in the BA long haul fleet.

Last edited by 1Aturnleft; Dec 13, 2021 at 9:19 pm
Old Dec 14, 2021, 2:38 am

Originally Posted by PGberkshire
I suggest you fly a better airline, like Qatar if having a good seat is important to you....
On researching how I can get to BKK now that there is no direct F option from LHR, I was a bit taken aback to discover going via DOH with Qatar results in a 777 configuration on DOH/BKK with no direct aisle access and two adjacent seats.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 2:40 am

Programs: BAEC Silver/OW Sapphire
LAX has gone from A380 to 777 in April. Means CS so not disappointed.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 3:01 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond
My LAX-LHR in February has changed from 77M with CS to a 77G with the old school CW. Not a fan of the old CW product, might have to upgrade to First.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 5:48 am

Programs: BA GGL, AA PLT, VS-curious
My LAX Friday is also a 77G. And my quadrice(?) rebooked ticket can't be upgraded. I've waited patiently for a swap back but obviously no luck.
Old Jun 4, 2022, 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by KeaneJohn
The A380 has been withdrawn from Dallas as well from March 2022 with the BA192/3 reverting to 777.

San Jose staRt date pushed back to June 2022.

I suspect BA are battening down the hatches to weather the storm of the new variant, new waves, disinclination to travel and possible enhanced restrictions in the UK, Europe and rest of the world and making their assets earn as much as they can elsewhere
I have an A380 flight from LHR to DFW in September. How will I know if the aircraft type has changed?
Old Jun 4, 2022, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by pdbe25
How will I know if the aircraft type has changed?
If you go into MMB, you should be able to see the planned aircraft type for your flight. If this changes, then there has been an aircraft change.

You may get an email from BA to tell you, but I wouldn't advise relying on this.

You can also use a service like ExpertFlyer to alert you if the published aircraft type or configuration is changed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.