Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Day Before check in, LHRT5

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2021, 1:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: CAMRA GGL (Gold Card Holder/Lifetime membership)
Day Before check in, LHRT5

Hi

Does anyone know what time this opens? I thought it was available from 1600hrs, but I just read on BA website somewhere it is 1800.

Thanks
Old Dec 13, 2021, 1:39 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Avis President's Club
Yes 18:00 officially. Gatwick was 16:00 which might be what you're thinking of.
SxMan likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 1:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Foltan
Yes 18:00 officially. Gatwick was 16:00 which might be what you're thinking of.
Thanks. Various sources had said 1600hrs, so glad I checked:

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel...-b1884526.html

https://www.passengerselfservice.com...ow-terminal-5/

https://www.headforpoints.com/2020/0...ight-bag-drop/

https://travelupdate.com/night-before-bag-check-in-ba/

... all state 1600hrs.. how odd
Old Dec 13, 2021, 1:45 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
It was 1600 most times during the last 18 months. I wonder if it has now reverted back to normal times recently?
Old Dec 13, 2021, 1:59 am
Original Poster

We are going to take bags today on the Picc and get a Minicab in the morning. Cab fare isn't bad but have to pay this new rip off £5 drop off fee! Heathrow are Villains.. I wouldn't mind if it was middle of the day, but at the dead early flight time tomorrow we have no choice but to use a minicab as public transport hasn't started up by then!
SxMan likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 2:09 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
The bloggers tend to all copy each other (after misreading something on Flyertalk). But it is 18:00 hrs to 21:00 hrs, it may be mentioned in one of the myriad emails that BA now send out. I've no doubt that if you were to be there on a quiet afternoon they may take your bag in anyway, but the idea is to balance out workload and usually T5 is very quiet from 18:00 hrs onwards. You also have the Airportr option
https://airportr.com/en/ba/?utm_sour...edirected=true
becks1 likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 3:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
The bloggers tend to all copy each other (after misreading something on Flyertalk). But it is 18:00 hrs to 21:00 hrs, it may be mentioned in one of the myriad emails that BA now send out. I've no doubt that if you were to be there on a quiet afternoon they may take your bag in anyway, but the idea is to balance out workload and usually T5 is very quiet from 18:00 hrs onwards. You also have the Airportr option
https://airportr.com/en/ba/?utm_sour...edirected=true

Thanks CWS. I was considering AirPortr but looking on it it doesn't seem to be obvious how to do it with connecting flights (i.e. check to destination). Also despite uploading that Spain form malarkie and our NHS COVID passes to BA, them having verified them and confirmed by email we are good to go, it still won't let us check in online.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 3:42 am

Programs: BA Exec
Be aware that depending on staff availability,
you may end up in a long and slow-moving queue for the one desk dedicated to day before check-in.

I did this last week thinking I could just check in at any available desk, but apparently not. I was directed towards a long queue of people and had to wait 30 minutes to check-in .

Only one staff member manning the desk who occasionally had to wander off and speak to his colleague about docs. Needless to say many people in the queue were not impressed.

I’m hoping I was just unlucky.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 5:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Bar Operator
Be aware that depending on staff availability,
you may end up in a long and slow-moving queue for the one desk dedicated to day before check-in.

I did this last week thinking I could just check in at any available desk, but apparently not. I was directed towards a long queue of people and had to wait 30 minutes to check-in .

Only one staff member manning the desk who occasionally had to wander off and speak to his colleague about docs. Needless to say many people in the queue were not impressed.

I’m hoping I was just unlucky.
We are Business Class. Do they have a priority desk?
Old Dec 13, 2021, 5:42 am

Programs: BA Gold
I asked for clarification from BA a few weeks back after seeing it said 1600 in some places and 1800 in others on the website, they confirmed it's open from 1600.

Old Dec 13, 2021, 7:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BJ787
I asked for clarification from BA a few weeks back after seeing it said 1600 in some places and 1800 in others on the website, they confirmed it's open from 1600.

https://twitter.com/British_Airways/...074020353?s=20
amazing cheers. Will head there for 4pm
Old Dec 13, 2021, 12:49 pm
Original Poster

Was very efficient. Got there just after 1600hrs, went to Business Class check in (near South Security) and there was no Q, no issue at all checked in with BP's printed and back on Picc line in no time!

Thanks all for the advice.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 1:02 pm

Programs: OWS IHG Diamond + Accor Plat, Scandic Top Level
Originally Posted by hungry
We are Business Class. Do they have a priority desk?
Not seen it mentioned here, but there is a Verifly Prority lane in business class now..
Old Dec 13, 2021, 1:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Engineering Travel
Not seen it mentioned here, but there is a Verifly Prority lane in business class now..
What on earth is that ?
Old Dec 13, 2021, 1:27 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Engineering Travel
Originally Posted by hungry
What on earth is that ?
This is for those who have completed their COVID checks on the VeriFLY App (not all destinations are on VeriFLY), but who can't get a boarding pass, typically due to connections, codeshares, or unusual Point of Sale locations. So they merely need to show the VeriFLY Ready to Fly photo and the boarding pass and luggage tag comes out very quickly. Whereas those who haven't done VeriFLY at all may need paperwork screening and in some cases uploading.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.