Wiki Posts
Search

Redeem avios for another person

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2021, 7:28 am
Original Poster

Redeem avios for another person

Hi,

I'm trying to redeem avios for a flight for another person.
However, when proceeding online the account holder is always pre-filled as passenger and can't be changed.

I remember it used to be allowed when there was no household account set up.
Any changes here?
Old Dec 9, 2021, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Have you got this person on your family and friends list ?

I just did a dummy and was hard set as the customer - selected No to Is the payment card holder travelling on this booking?

Then is allowed me to pick anyone from my family friends list
Steve in Olympia likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 4:22 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, AC 25K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by kacheng
I'm trying to redeem avios for a flight for another person.
However, when proceeding online the account holder is always pre-filled as passenger and can't be changed.
I'm having the same problem. Is there a workaround?

I have 2 people in my F&F list that I want to book for, but my info is hardcoded as first adult.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 5:00 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by nabeelj
I'm having the same problem. Is there a workaround?

I have 2 people in my F&F list that I want to book for, but my info is hardcoded as first adult.
As suggested above, you need to select "No" to the question: "Is the payment card holder traveling on this booking?"

That setting clears the hardcoded details and lets you choose from your list in your household and friends and family account.

KARFA likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by golfmad
As suggested above, you need to select "No" to the question: "Is the payment card holder traveling on this booking?"
I'm having the same problem OP was having. After clicking No, it remains hardcoded to the accountholder as the first passenger.

Here is another similar report: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33896682-post526.html
Old Apr 25, 2022, 9:02 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
I'm having the same problem OP was having. After clicking No, it remains hardcoded to the accountholder as the first passenger.

Here is another similar report: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33896682-post526.html
It might be worth trying a different browser.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by golfmad
It might be worth trying a different browser.
I tried 3 different browsers (Chrome/FF/Edge), as well as 3 different devices (PC/laptop/smartphone), I had the same issue.

I found another post here (can't find the post right now) that suggested it's a security feature for accounts that haven't redeemed in a long time. Not sure if that's true.

I ended up calling yesterday and booking. Agent says he has heard of this issue, but does not know how to resolve it.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 9:09 am

I found another post here (can't find the post right now) that suggested it's a security feature for accounts that haven't redeemed in a long time. Not sure if that's true.
Here is the post suggesting it's a security feature - https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33964745-post252.html

In my case, even after redeeming for my F&F over the phone, a dummy booking tried right now still doesn't allow me to change the first passenger when selecting No to the question mentioned.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.