Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Flight Went Red - But not Flying in Not Few Days!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2021, 8:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GfL (GGL/CCR), Hilton Diamond

[Sorry mistyped the title - should be But not Flying in the Next Few Days]

I know there is a thread entitled Flight gone "Red" and says I "might wish" to rebook my flight? but this seems to specifically relate to travel prior to Tue 7th Dec.

I have two bookings coming up on Sun 12th Dec and Mon 13th Dec. As of yesterday, they were marked with a red box (flights to/from Romania and a flight to the US), inviting me to rebook if I was going to be disrupted by the new UK testing regime (testing before return flight back to the UK). I tried to ring BA yesterday on a couple of occasions to check what this really meant, but the GGL line was chocker all day, so thought I would ring up today instead.

Today, the red box has disappeared and it appears I may have missed the opportunity to rebook these flights for another time. On the GGL line just now and of course they are claiming they know nothing about this option.

Did I imagine this? Or has anyone else seen this warning message?
Old Dec 7, 2021, 8:13 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by billinghamn
[Sorry mistyped the title - should be But not Flying in the Next Few Days]

I know there is a thread entitled Flight gone "Red" and says I "might wish" to rebook my flight? but this seems to specifically relate to travel prior to Tue 7th Dec.

I have two bookings coming up on Sun 12th Dec and Mon 13th Dec. As of yesterday, they were marked with a red box (flights to/from Romania and a flight to the US), inviting me to rebook if I was going to be disrupted by the new UK testing regime (testing before return flight back to the UK). I tried to ring BA yesterday on a couple of occasions to check what this really meant, but the GGL line was chocker all day, so thought I would ring up today instead.

Today, the red box has disappeared and it appears I may have missed the opportunity to rebook these flights for another time. On the GGL line just now and of course they are claiming they know nothing about this option.

Did I imagine this? Or has anyone else seen this warning message?
I had it too for a flight to Las Palmas on 11th December...the option disappeared a couple of hours ago...I guess BA have firmed up their schedule of which flights are worth operating
Old Dec 7, 2021, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by billinghamn
Not really, people in that thread are effectively discussing travel throughout December (comparing it to flights not becoming red for travel in January just yet). In fact, I suspect that extremely few of the itineraries discussed involve travel before 7/12.
jerry a. laska likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.