Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Flight gone "Red" and says I "might wish" to rebook my flight?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flight gone "Red" and says I "might wish" to rebook my flight?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2021, 12:30 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club
BA272 on 14DEC shows Red for me. Return BA273 09JAN still shows in Black.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 12:44 pm

Programs: BA GGL, AA PLT, VS-curious
Originally Posted by evanspa1
As soon as I saw the message I thought BA are trying to persuade people to move from quiet flights to busier ones / not travel at all, in order to minimise any UK261 compensation and rebooking costs. Which makes business sense if there’s been a rapid decline in bookings.
Couldn't people just as easily choose to go the other way though?
Old Dec 6, 2021, 12:52 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Mucci: Classe de la Luxe Eternelle
Used the opportunity to move my flight time with no questions asked - no worry about flight being cancelled or delayed. Looks proactive rather than some mysterious wave of cancellations coming?
Old Dec 6, 2021, 12:57 pm

I have a "gone red" flight as well. Does this mean this triggers schedule change flexibility?

Last week, I tried to call up to move to an earlier flight - to make the testing requirements easier. The lady on the phone understood why, and tried to make the change, but said the system wouldn't let her do it without a massive reprice unless there was a schedule change.

This is a BA Holidays booking, which in my experience so far, has been harder to change.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by StradaleAA
Got the same for BA105 on December 07 LHR-DXB. Is this all just for the Middle East?
DUS for me, and that is not in the Middle East
Old Dec 6, 2021, 1:10 pm

Programs: BA Gold
UVF (Saint Lucia) has also gone to red. There are two flights. one to LHR and one to LGW. Perhaps they want me to change to LHR.
becks1 likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 1:50 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
My replacement for my cancelled flight to AMS is now cancelled - they can put us on the 2000 flight, giving us a nice seven hour (ugh) layover or a one hour connect between AA (terminal 3) to BA terminal 5. They rebooked us on the one hour connect? Are they mad? Are we mad?
becks1 and SxMan like this.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 3:24 pm

Beginning to wish I had one now. I've got a trip I'd change if free and easy but wouldn't bother paying for, especially if it meant involving the phone lines.

Out of curiosity, is this just appearing on straightforward cash bookings, without FTVs or other complicating factors?
Old Dec 6, 2021, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by Arsey00
Beginning to wish I had one now. I've got a trip I'd change if free and easy but wouldn't bother paying for, especially if it meant involving the phone lines.

Out of curiosity, is this just appearing on straightforward cash bookings, without FTVs or other complicating factors?
No - my booking is a complete mess!
Arsey00 likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 3:52 pm

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold
Last leg of a BAH LHR to AMS this Thursday , cancelled and rebooked 10 times over 23 months now gone red and will let me book up to 355 days in advance
Arsey00 likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 3:57 pm

That's interesting. So bookings we wouldn't normally be able to change online now have that ability as long as we get this message? Sounds like quite the IT improvement!
Old Dec 6, 2021, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by Arsey00
That's interesting. So bookings we wouldn't normally be able to change online now have that ability as long as we get this message? Sounds like quite the IT improvement!
Just to clarify - I still had to call. I was referring to the ‘going red’ and ability to change. But I had no online functionality
Arsey00 likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2021, 7:13 am

Mmm. The flight is no longer showing as Red - have they pulled the ability to change
Old Dec 7, 2021, 7:26 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
I swapped 2 flights (on the 11th of December) that I now dont need that cost about £30 each for 2 flights next August that are selling for £140 each. Thanks BA
Old Dec 7, 2021, 7:52 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
I have booked a FCO-LHR that connects to my AA - LHR-SEA flight in a few weeks. The way things are going, we may bag Rome and hang out in the Loire for a few days and eurostar to London. I think means we need to retest after our test, but don't want to miss my flight home.
]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.