Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Flight gone "Red" and says I "might wish" to rebook my flight?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flight gone "Red" and says I "might wish" to rebook my flight?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2021, 2:27 am

Programs: Aer Lingus AerClub Concierge, BA Silver
I have this for my trip DUB-LHR-JFK on Thursday (09 DEC)
Old Dec 6, 2021, 2:29 am

LHR-JFK 13 Dec for me
Old Dec 6, 2021, 2:37 am

18/12 NCE-LHR for me as well, allowed me to change onto the flight I actually want for no charge
Old Dec 6, 2021, 4:24 am
Original Poster

Daughter now on flight to LHR, check-in at Glasgow was straightforward.

No-one had any idea what the message was about.

It's not like the call centre staff are twiddling their thumbs!
Arsey00 likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 4:51 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond
Given the latest round of testing changes for arrivals BA are being slightly more proactive.

The call centres are being hammered with people phoning to cancel/change. They are basically highlighting that it can be done online
mrdisco likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 9:16 am

Programs: VS LT Gold 1MM, BA Gold, M&M Frequent, Hilton LT Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat
I’m seeing the same MLA-LHR for 12th December. I hope there’s not another cancellation as there aren’t any more BA flights back until the following Thursday. If they do cancel I’m hoping they’ll put us on the Air Malta flight that day
Old Dec 6, 2021, 9:18 am

Programs: Alaska 100K (aka OWS)
Just booked LHR-SEA for tomorrow, but had trouble checking in. Seems to be working now.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 9:26 am

Programs: BA GGL, AA PLT, VS-curious
Originally Posted by Paul Banks
Given the latest round of testing changes for arrivals BA are being slightly more proactive.

The call centres are being hammered with people phoning to cancel/change. They are basically highlighting that it can be done online
Then why only for some flights?
SxMan likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 9:31 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Nandos
Originally Posted by TryingtoturnLeft
LHR-JFK 13 Dec for me
same for me, BA179, but I'm fingers crossing that we can still go!
TryingtoturnLeft likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 9:50 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I'm not sure why so many people are panicking.
To me, it just seems to be giving people an extra option to stay home for the time being rather than paying around £20 for a lateral flow test (hopefully most people could pick one up for departure, and they're not too hard to pick up in say Europe).
Perhaps they're expecting a lot of people to test positive on their return and get stranded (no idea of the consequences there), or they know something we don't?
Old Dec 6, 2021, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by TPRun
same for me, BA179, but I'm fingers crossing that we can still go!
BA115 for us! Really hoping this is just a weird BA IT issue,
just received my ‘nearly time to go email’
TPRun likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 10:38 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold
I’m currently on BA268 LAX - LHR (3 hours late) heading to DXB.
When I opened the BA App I got a “sorry Tinyburst your flight to Dubai is cancelled” message. This (I hope) corrected its self in about 2 seconds and allowed me to see the check-in details.
strange times.
becks1 likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by xenole
I'm not sure why so many people are panicking.
To me, it just seems to be giving people an extra option to stay home for the time being rather than paying around £20 for a lateral flow test (hopefully most people could pick one up for departure, and they're not too hard to pick up in say Europe).
I don't think anyone is panicking, but the change comes with a status as "subject to possible disruption", so they are understandably worried that this is not just about getting about an additional option for nothing, but also a potential warning about some changes of plan they would not choose or want and which might very much come at the last minute, which is never ideal.
HGOLI likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 12:00 pm

Programs: VS LT Gold 1MM, BA Gold, M&M Frequent, Hilton LT Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by orbitmic
I don't think anyone is panicking, but the change comes with a status as "subject to possible disruption", so they are understandably worried that this is not just about getting about an additional option for nothing, but also a potential warning about some changes of plan they would not choose or want and which might very much come at the last minute, which is never ideal.
As soon as I saw the message I thought BA are trying to persuade people to move from quiet flights to busier ones / not travel at all, in order to minimise any UK261 compensation and rebooking costs. Which makes business sense if there’s been a rapid decline in bookings.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by evanspa1
As soon as I saw the message I thought BA are trying to persuade people to move from quiet flights to busier ones / not travel at all, in order to minimise any UK261 compensation and rebooking costs. Which makes business sense if there’s been a rapid decline in bookings.
I agree with this. My flight home from LCA has 'gone red'. There are three scheduled flights that day from LCA so this might be an effort to reduce the outlay involved in consolidating flights now that cancellations are filtering through.

My booking is with BA holidays with car hire, so I'm not inclined to do anything at the moment given that the first option listed in the app is along the lines of 'do nothing'. I need to preserve those double tier points!
becks1 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.