Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

ITV just said on the 6pm news a pre arrival test into the UK will be required…

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ITV just said on the 6pm news a pre arrival test into the UK will be required…

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2021, 9:03 am

Programs: OWS - AA Lifetime Platinum, BA nobody (blue)
Originally Posted by TPRun
. please can someone confirm I'm OK to buy Qured's Pre-Departure Rapid Antigen - With Video Consultation and use this for entry to USA?
TPR
I can confirm. I used one about 2 weeks ago. I use Verifly and they accepted it very quickly.
TPRun likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 10:12 am

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by TangoOneSeven
I was looking at this option too - presumably this was the the "Rapid-result test (antigen)" option? What is the turn around time for this? The last time I used a CVS "rapid" test it took 24 - 36 hours for the result - albeit that was at the height of surge in cases - but that wouldn't now work /could be tight for trips to the UK.
The first time we did the test the results were through within the hour. The second time it was maybe 3 - 4 hours before we got the call from the Nurse Practitioner at CVS with the results. So, TangoOneSeven, that question actually prompted the realisation that a phone number is probably mandatory. In both cases the NP called us to advise that our test results were negative before the results were officially released and we could download them.
TangoOneSeven likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 12:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold, etc. etc.
If they perform a Rapid Antigen or Rapid PCR as opposed to a reg. PCR test the results should be made available very quickly, as within a few hours tops. The type of test and expected times are shown for each location on the page that lists the CVS branch search results by ZIP code.

BTW the Rapid PCR test they administer at many locations is the Accula™ SARS-Cov-2 Test by Mesa Biotech Inc, which is very similar to a Rapid Antigen test, although it does require some very basic equipment that they have on site, so the sample doesn't need to be sent to a lab for analysis as for a regular PCR test and the turnout times are much shorter.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 4:47 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by KeaneJohn
A member of BA cabin crew has tweeted that there are street Gazebos. In Manhattan offering free tests with results in a few hours and certificates too.
i would urge some caution with some of the free test booths on the street i have heard reports some are operated by less reputable characters with hidden lab fees so a free test can end running into hundreds of dollars
biscuitbiscuit likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 5:08 pm

Location: Miami Beach FL, Philadelphia PA, and Oxfordshire UK
Programs: BA Gold, AA Executive Platinum, PriorityPass, Global Entry, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by thegamebird
Data Points: Flew on the 208 from MIA last night. The check-in was horrific. Huge, huge queues and many people without tests. Wished they allocated a team member to pre-screen the queues to locate those with the correct paperwork, rather than those without getting to the desk, having the inevitable barney with the desk agent, then stomping off to get a (very expensive) test in the airport. We waited for just under 2 hours, and that was in the F/Emerald line.

Agent checked our paperwork - they wanted test results, page one of the PLF and our vaccination certificates. They were not interested in Verifly. The agents preferred paper, and those that had this form of proof were through significantly quicker than those using phones.

Took the Halo Verify test at the Sheraton at 1pm today. Arrived having downloaded the app and registered already and were shown straight through to check in, pick up our tests and then into a little booth to take the test. The app was intuitive and worked well. In and out within about 15 minutes. Now at +5 hours since the test and no result as yet. Will update when the results are through. BTW - we found it easier to get our keys from the valet and ditch the bags in the car, then find our way to the Sheraton unencumbered with luggage.
I had a friend on that flight who had been staying with me for a few days. She was in J , texted me yesterday afternoon, and said it was a zoo. Probably not helped it was (I’m guessing) a full A380 too…..
Old Dec 9, 2021, 2:46 pm

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by London Dude
Please be sure to keep us posted. I'd really like to know if Klarity accepts it
Originally Posted by sunshinebob
Just bought 2 for $26 on Freemont street in Walgreens Las Vegas. Will klarity it and see how we go.
To follow this through.
Bought 2 tests for $13 each and spent £9.95 each on a couple of Klarity certificates. Simple and easy to follow, some AI involved as it knew the test name etc and produced a certificate in next to no time. 2 x Negative results

Uploaded to Verifly and accepted straight away.
Old Dec 9, 2021, 3:14 pm

Programs: BA GGL, AA PLT, VS-curious
To follow this through.
Bought 2 tests for $13 each and spent £9.95 each on a couple of Klarity certificates. Simple and easy to follow, some AI involved as it knew the test name etc and produced a certificate in next to no time. 2 x Negative results

Did Klarity require QR codes on the test cartridges themselves? Or would just any blank cartridge do?
Old Dec 9, 2021, 3:29 pm

To follow this through.

A quick question re. the Klarity certificates... Do they show just the date on which the test was taken and the video uploaded, or do they show the date and the exact time that it was uploaded or approved? It's useful to know if you're located several time zones behind Europe when taking the test, and if it shows the time, whether it's in GMT/CET, i.e. in their time zone. Thanks.
Old Dec 9, 2021, 4:14 pm

A quick question re. the Klarity certificates... Do they show just the date on which the test was taken and the video uploaded, or do they show the date and the exact time that it was uploaded or approved? It's useful to know if you're located several time zones behind Europe when taking the test, and if it shows the time, whether it's in GMT/CET, i.e. in their time zone. Thanks.
Here is mine, just the bit you asked for also has my name, sex and passport details... proper looking certificate
the whole thing was simple
Old Dec 9, 2021, 4:25 pm

Here is mine, just the bit you asked for also has my name, sex and passport details... proper looking certificate
the whole thing was simple
Great, many thanks.
With the Basic+ package, did you need to record a short video of yourself taking the test, wait 15 mins for the result and then upload both the video and a photo of the test result all at the same time? This is the last question, I promise. Thanks!
Old Dec 9, 2021, 4:45 pm

Great, many thanks.
With the Basic+ package, did you need to record a short video of yourself taking the test, wait 15 mins for the result and then upload both the video and a photo of the test result all at the same time? This is the last question, I promise. Thanks!
I had the basic non video package as flying back to the UK from the US at a tenner. Bought online and I had both certificates with 30 mins of making the purchase.
Silver Fox and biscuitbiscuit like this.
Old Dec 9, 2021, 4:54 pm

I had the basic non video package as flying back to the UK from the US at a tenner. Bought online and I had both certificates with 30 mins of making the purchase.
Perfect, thanks very much!
Old Dec 9, 2021, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
What did you have to send to Klarity? Just the photo of the lateral flow device, or did you have to show Klarity how you actually took the sample?
Old Dec 9, 2021, 5:21 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by Globaliser
What did you have to send to Klarity? Just the photo of the lateral flow device, or did you have to show Klarity how you actually took the sample?
Photo of LFD, and close-up of the qr code on it. Lots more details in this post on the UK forum - https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33791661-post114.html
Old Dec 9, 2021, 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by Globaliser
Just the photo of the device.. It knew it was a BintaxNow card either by IA (which I assume) or the processor looked at it (which I doubt)...
Globaliser likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.