Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

ITV just said on the 6pm news a pre arrival test into the UK will be required…

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ITV just said on the 6pm news a pre arrival test into the UK will be required…

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2021, 5:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by London Dude
Maybe you're looking at reg. PCR tests. The CVS clinics in Chicago say "Results within hours" for both Rapid PCR and Rapid Antigen.
Of course I was ! I checked, currently in the Bay Area and within my zip code there is nothing at their 8 locations for Friday or Saturday (I leave Sunday), I tried a few different cities and for Monterey there is nothing within 100 miles, for Gilroy nothing within 60 miles, and nothing within 25 miles of San Francisco. It was only going to be a plan b anyway, but thanks for the hint, I am sure it will help others.
biscuitbiscuit likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2021, 5:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, etc. etc.
Originally Posted by Silver Fox
Of course I was ! I checked, currently in the Bay Area and within my zip code there is nothing at their 8 locations for Friday or Saturday (I leave Sunday), I tried a few different cities and for Monterey there is nothing within 100 miles, for Gilroy nothing within 60 miles, and nothing within 25 miles of San Francisco. It was only going to be a plan b anyway, but thanks for the hint, I am sure it will help others.
Wow, I just saw that! Weird, as the very central CVS location for free tests in Chicago's Loop has immediate availability as well as wide availability on any day between now and Dec 20. Maybe they've run out of free test kits in the Bay Area, I read that COVID test kits have been generally in short supply in the US.
Silver Fox likes this.

Last edited by London Dude; Dec 7, 2021 at 5:50 am
Old Dec 7, 2021, 6:11 am

Programs: BAEC, QRPC, Amex MR, World of Hyatt, IHG one rewards, Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, etc…
Originally Posted by Omba
Or some form of local test with some form of identification number to complete the PLF for those travelling tomorrow, or already away
previous local tests had to be presented at check in in the country of departure the same way BA and other airlines check at departure if you have had the tests required by the visiting country. I have travelled several time to Italy during 2021 and Local pharmacy’s tests were acceptable (automatically reported to the Local Health Authority as well). The Online portal or Veryfly were not working from flight originating in Italy until early November, not sure if this has changed since.
Old Dec 7, 2021, 6:12 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Silver Fox
Have you checked Ralph's Grocery Stores in your area. They do Covid tests
Old Dec 7, 2021, 6:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by BXK_Oz
Have you checked Ralph's Grocery Stores in your area. They do Covid tests
It didn't show anything for the San Jose area. Thanks.
Old Dec 7, 2021, 7:02 am

Programs: BA Gold
That would be my guess too but I'd rather have it confirmed through first-hand experience if possible.

BTW Klarity sent me their very extensive list of EU-approved tests:
https://antigentest.bfarm.de/ords/f?...172571611:::::

Even assuming that BinaxNOW is acceptable to them, it still costs $25 a pop from CVS/Walgreens vs €3-4 in the EU for any of those tests, several of which are made by US firms lol
I bought the Premium Klarity option for 20GBP because I'm being incredibly anxious about the whole thing. When setting up the appointment it asked me to scan the QR code on the Abbott test - and has accepted it, so should be fine. Appointment is in a little over 2 hours, so will report back when done
Silver Fox and Arsey00 like this.
Old Dec 7, 2021, 7:27 am

Originally Posted by darthlemsip
I bought the Premium Klarity option for 20GBP because I'm being incredibly anxious about the whole thing. When setting up the appointment it asked me to scan the QR code on the Abbott test - and has accepted it, so should be fine. Appointment is in a little over 2 hours, so will report back when done
Great to hear that. Please keep us posted.
Old Dec 7, 2021, 7:33 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by ClubflyerLondon
this is annoying Im currently in NYC and flying back on BA116 tomorrow if anyone currently in NY trying to find a test provider i can highly reccomend ClearMD on 18th &6th 85 usd for antigen test with certificate within 30 min most other options look around 300 bucks
A member of BA cabin crew has tweeted that there are street Gazebos. In Manhattan offering free tests with results in a few hours and certificates too.
Old Dec 7, 2021, 8:36 am

Programs: BAEC - Silver, BonVoy - Abassador Elite, HH - Diamond
A tip for those who need a free rapid COVID test in the US. A few of CVS's 4,800 testing locations offer free Rapid Antigen or Rapid PCR tests to anyone. No insurance, SSN, or proof of ID are required. You can do a search for these branches by ZIP code on the main page for the CVS MinuteClinic website:

https://www.cvs.com/minuteclinic/covid-19-testing

On the CVS MinuteClinic search result page for your ZIP code, look out for the branches with the following note:
This is a community testing site. Tests are performed at no cost, and insurance, Social Security number, and driver’s license/state ID are not needed.

There is one of these in Chicago's Loop and there are at least a couple in Brooklyn, NY. I'm sure this is also the case in other large US cities.
You can even book an appointment 2-3 weeks in advance. Be aware that the CVS MinuteClinic site is only accessible within the US, or with a VPN from outside the US.

Do you know if these tests produce a certificate? That's what's needed for UK travel
Old Dec 7, 2021, 8:43 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Information point. Arrived into T5 this morning from USA, not asked to show evidence of pre travel test at check-in in MCO or at immigration. Straight off to day 2 test, long queue at t4 expresstest.
ExpatExp and KARFA like this.
Old Dec 7, 2021, 8:44 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by firstlight
Information point. Arrived into T5 this morning from USA, not asked to show evidence of pre travel test at check-in in MCO or at immigration. Straight off to day 2 test, long queue at t4 expresstest.
Never mind that, where is my £50?
Old Dec 7, 2021, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by gemcan83
Do you know if these tests produce a certificate? That's what's needed for UK travel
The CVS website says "Accepted for most travel", so it's implied that they provide written confirmation of the test result, probably by e-mail.
Old Dec 7, 2021, 9:31 am

Want to be sure I'm interpreting this new set of rules correctly: "You must take the test in the 2 days before your service to England departs."

So for my flight leaving the US on Wednesday but not arriving into LHR until Thursday, I can take a test any time on the Monday or Tuesday - do I have that right?
Old Dec 7, 2021, 9:34 am

Programs: BA Gold
Not a good start, signed in 10 minutes early as requested, now 25 minutes later and so 15 mins past test time, still nobody has turned up. Have rescheduled for in another couple of hours - not impressed
Old Dec 7, 2021, 9:35 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by adnando
Want to be sure I'm interpreting this new set of rules correctly: "You must take the test in the 2 days before your service to England departs."

So for my flight leaving the US on Wednesday but not arriving into LHR until Thursday, I can take a test any time on the Monday or Tuesday - do I have that right?
yes that's correct
littlefish and adnando like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.