Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

ITV just said on the 6pm news a pre arrival test into the UK will be required…

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ITV just said on the 6pm news a pre arrival test into the UK will be required…

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2021, 9:09 am

Apologies if this has been mentioned up thread but has anyone travelled soon after recovering from covid and willing to share their experience?

As I understand it, a recently recovered traveler would still test positive on a pcr for some time after which would cause issues on the day 2 test. Is there any government advice for this scenario? Is there a different set of testing requirements?
Old Dec 6, 2021, 9:14 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Arsey00
The website says "for people who have already purchased our Rapid Antigen test and only need a certificate"
I would take this to mean that they still want it to be one of their tests but are making this an additional choice for those who bought tests LFTs before the rules changed? Although I would prefer it if you were right.
On the products page it says "Rapid Antigen (lateral flow) self-test NOT included – you bring your own test"

This looks like it will help me greatly - I'm in Stamford CT at present and having issues finding somewhere to get tested before flying home on Thursday, CVS have been about as useful as a chocolate teapot. So it looks like I can just buy an over the counter home test and then use this
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 9:17 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, VS Gold, HH Diamond, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Newly Wed
Thanks. It’s actually from September. A false positive due to mandatory day 2 PCR test within 90 days of having COVID. Someone unthread asked whether the positive result simply gets ignored….it doesn’t.
I asked the T&T folk as well as calling 119 and scouring the gov,uk website when I was in isolation at the end of October, and found no info whatsoever regarding having to take a PCR test within 90 days of having COVID (as the T&T people told me not to get tested within that period!).

I called again when the PCR-on-arrival rule was brought in as I'm heading to the US tomorrow, and the woman requested a callback, but I've heard nothing yet. Am just keeping my fingers crossed that it comes back negative.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by darthlemsip
On the products page it says "Rapid Antigen (lateral flow) self-test NOT included – you bring your own test"

This looks like it will help me greatly - I'm in Stamford CT at present and having issues finding somewhere to get tested before flying home on Thursday, CVS have been about as useful as a chocolate teapot. So it looks like I can just buy an over the counter home test and then use this
This post by CWS may give you the same hope it has given me:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33788937-post12669.html
darthlemsip likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by xenole
Not sure if I've missed this, but say I do a day trip somewhere (OK, probably not wise in the present climate, but needs must). I take a PCR test, or whatever is required a day or two beforehand.
On my return to the UK, would I need to take another PCR test? What about the pre-departure test?

According to the Gov.UK site you'd be OK.

Taking your test in the UK before travel

If you are returning to the UK within 3 days, you can use the result of a COVID-19 test that you take in the UK before you travel. You must use a private test provider for the test and not an NHS test.

The service on which you will arrive back in the UK must set off for the UK within 3 days of when you took the test
Old Dec 6, 2021, 9:25 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by bobby21
I am transiting through LHR (4 hour airside layover DL/VS - stay in T3) - do I need this test?
It's not clear yet but we should know imminently when the amending law is published.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by Robert279

According to the Gov.UK site you'd be OK.

Taking your test in the UK before travel

If you are returning to the UK within 3 days, you can use the result of a COVID-19 test that you take in the UK before you travel. You must use a private test provider for the test and not an NHS test.

The service on which you will arrive back in the UK must set off for the UK within 3 days of when you took the test
Yes, so as I noted you can use a test (lateral flow only is needed) before you leave the UK for your return to the UK - it just needs to be done within 2 days of your departure for the UK - I think the 3 days you have quoted is current rules for non-vaccibnated arrivals who have needed a pre arrival test.

You still need to book and take a day 2 PCR to be taken once you arrive in the UK.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 9:35 am

Programs: BA GGL, AA PLT, VS-curious
Deleted, saw other post that came through while I was typing
Old Dec 6, 2021, 9:49 am

Programs: BA Gold, etc. etc.
Deleted - wrong website
Old Dec 6, 2021, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jonas123
hmmm - can you use one of the NHS test kits and just buy a certificate from this site?
Klarity responded to my email and they said "You can also use your own Lateral Flow Test and purchase the certificate from us." and pointed me to this list of acceptable tests:

https://klarity.health/uk-government...-lateral-flow/
Arsey00 and biscuitbiscuit like this.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by darthlemsip

So if it were me, for the sake of 9.50 I would take the test using the NHS one and upload it and see what they say on the basis of my previous post here (where I forgot to mulitquote).
Old Dec 6, 2021, 11:05 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Silver Fox
Klarity responded to my email and they said "You can also use your own Lateral Flow Test and purchase the certificate from us." and pointed me to this list of acceptable tests:

https://klarity.health/uk-government...-lateral-flow/
Excellent, thank you - just popped into CVS and have purchased an Abbot one
Arsey00 likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 11:51 am

How much do they cost in CVS?
Old Dec 6, 2021, 11:58 am

Apologies for the double post as I have put this in the UK arrivals thread on the coronavirus board already, but it is of equal importance in this thread:

Amending law for England now published https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/...0211371_en.pdf
- in force from 0400 tomorrow, apply to anyone arriving in England from that point onwards
- applies to anyone arriving in England from outside the CTA for anyone aged 12 or over
- transit is not exempt, so applies to everyone transiting including those not actually entering the UK (note for the PLF that remains not required for airside transits where you don't enter the UK)

- the test sample is taken from the person no more than two days before (sticks with expressing this in days)
- time limit is two days before your flight to England departs, or if your journey involves you transiting through another country the scheduled time of departure of the first part of the service
- the transit noted above is defined as when you transit a country for the sole purpose of continuing your journey to England

- it must not be a test administered or provided by the NHS
- digital copy is fine, it does not have to be a hard copy of the test result notification

Last edited by KARFA; Dec 6, 2021 at 12:16 pm
Old Dec 6, 2021, 12:01 pm

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Transiting passengers are not exempt! What the…
Silver Fox and wrp96 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.