Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

ITV just said on the 6pm news a pre arrival test into the UK will be required…

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ITV just said on the 6pm news a pre arrival test into the UK will be required…

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2021, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by LYuen
Unfortunately, the antigen test is not approved in New Zealand, so it cannot be conducted at all.
As you have several weeks to go, can't you order an antigen self-test kit from abroad? Perhaps from Australia, or even get someone you know in the UK etc to pop one in the post to you.
biscuitbiscuit likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 3:02 pm

I'm comfortable with the new requirement and will feel more safe knowing everyone has taken a test on the plan (i know its not perfect).

What I can't work out is whether the LFT needs to be observed - or can I just buy some cheap tests in the UK and take with me? No problem to do this the day before travel back.

Anyone worked this out?
mrow and biscuitbiscuit like this.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 3:02 pm

Programs: Avios, AsiaMiles
Originally Posted by KARFA
it looks like pre departure tests will have to be done 2 days prior to departure of your flight to the UK, so that means for a Sunday evening flight a test anytime on Friday and Saturday should be ok.

Considering the precise rules will come out tomorrow it may be worth holding off booking for 24 hours just to be sure what the requirements are.
I believe I can book just a few days ahead for the testing. Hopefully, it will clear up the confusion about 48 hours or 2 days.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 4:39 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by steckers
I'm comfortable with the new requirement and will feel more safe knowing everyone has taken a test on the plan (i know its not perfect).
People who are connecting at LHR to destinations that do not require a pre departure test ,may not have been tested before departure, that would be a personal choice.

So nothing like everyone on the plane will have been tested
Old Dec 5, 2021, 4:41 pm

Possibly. I'm flying from NY to London - so I suspect most will be doing same journey. Nonetheless it all helps.

I'd just like to fully know the logistics.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 5:07 pm

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)

What I can't work out is whether the LFT needs to be observed - or can I just buy some cheap tests in the UK and take with me? No problem to do this the day before travel back.

Anyone worked this out?
You'll need a cert to show your negative result so home antigen tests are only valid if the company provides a cert - these are generally ones who oversee the test by video call.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 5:09 pm

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Possibly. I'm flying from NY to London - so I suspect most will be doing same journey. Nonetheless it all helps.

I'd just like to fully know the logistics.
It's likely at least half, and possibly the majority of that flight will be connecting on to elsewhere in Europe. And there are plenty of places there which do not require pre departure tests.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA
i doubt very much it is actually 48 hrs and instead it will be 2 days - and yes I would be willing to put money on it

Every test up to now we have had for travel for the uk has had limits based on days and not exact hours - so it would be a very odd departure from that to start requiring a test be done with 48 hours and not 2 days.
For Scotland: "You'll need to have taken this test in the 48 hours before you're due to arrive in Scotland."
Old Dec 5, 2021, 6:04 pm

Programs: Avios, AsiaMiles
Originally Posted by Ldnn1
As you have several weeks to go, can't you order an antigen self-test kit from abroad? Perhaps from Australia, or even get someone you know in the UK etc to pop one in the post to you.
Import of unapproved test kits is forbidden by the Custom.
Unless I cheat the custom declaration.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 6:31 pm

Programs: BA GGL
I'm currently in South Dakota, with a flight from ORD via JFK on Sunday afternoon/evening. In the two days preceding departure I'll be in Minneapolis and Milwaukee, probably.

Any suggestions what I should do?

Ideally is like a drive through antigen test that takes up at little time as possible, but it's not entirely clear that I can use CVS etc as a nonresident, albeit I do have a US ssn. I'd like to avoid getting fleeced at ORD.

Last edited by snuffi; Dec 5, 2021 at 6:38 pm
Old Dec 5, 2021, 6:48 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by snuffi
I'm currently in South Dakota, with a flight from ORD via JFK on Sunday afternoon/evening. In the two days preceding departure I'll be in Minneapolis and Milwaukee, probably.

Any suggestions what I should do?

Ideally is like a drive through antigen test that takes up at little time as possible, but it's not entirely clear that I can use CVS etc as a nonresident, albeit I do have a US ssn. I'd like to avoid getting fleeced at ORD.
Is there a Covid Control Center on your itinerary? Or a Walmart so you can pick up one of the remote access kits? But yes CVS or Wallgreens or anywhere that will do an email response. Since even the undocumented can get a free test then I doubt you will have too many problems.

[Greetings from SD too!]
Old Dec 5, 2021, 7:46 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Thanks CWS. I'll drop into a CVS/WG in the next day or so to get the lie of the land.

[I'm in Pierre, it is not a fun place. The wind today has been incessant and completely killed my birding plans. Up to Grand Forks ND tomorrow, colder but calmer.]
Old Dec 5, 2021, 8:13 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Yes it's a bit breezy. Switch to buffalo watching perhaps? They aren't going anywhere.
markmac likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 8:44 pm

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
You'll need a cert to show your negative result so home antigen tests are only valid if the company provides a cert - these are generally ones who oversee the test by video call.
Chronomics provide a self test kit which you can order in advance and take with you. They then email you a downloadable certificate after verifying the uploaded result. This is all without video supervision.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 1:27 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by MaxFlyer
Chronomics provide a self test kit which you can order in advance and take with you. They then email you a downloadable certificate after verifying the uploaded result. This is all without video supervision.
Wish I had seen this earlier - don't have enough time now to have it mailed to me.. oh well have booked at my departure airport the day before I depart now - kind of messes up the trip but what do you do?
Silver Fox likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.