Halo Day 2 testing at Sofitel T5

Old Dec 4, 21, 5:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, Global Entry
Halo Day 2 testing at Sofitel T5

Hi Folks

A quick question, is this a possibility?

I arrive in LHR on 29th Dec from ATL, then get a connection to GLA later that day.

When I land, can I clear immigration at LHR, then go to Sofitel for my day 2 test, then back through security for my connection to GLA?
Old Dec 4, 21, 5:10 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Yes that should work, but some caveats apply. See the comments on Halo in the main thread, in UK Arrivals, in the Coronavirus and Travel forum.
Thrifty Scotsman likes this.
Old Dec 4, 21, 5:22 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BA (Silver) Asiana (Silver) Hllton (Gold)
Sorry to be a bit thick, but isn't HALO a paratrooper term "High Altitude Low Opening"? Is there a covid thing for this as well?
Old Dec 4, 21, 5:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DeathSlam View Post
Sorry to be a bit thick, but isn't HALO a paratrooper term "High Altitude Low Opening"? Is there a covid thing for this as well?
https://www.haloverify.com/heathrow-t5/
DeathSlam likes this.
Old Dec 4, 21, 5:33 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BA (Silver) Asiana (Silver) Hllton (Gold)
Originally Posted by Thrifty Scotsman View Post
Many thanks!
Old Dec 4, 21, 6:00 am

Originally Posted by DeathSlam View Post
Sorry to be a bit thick, but isn't HALO a paratrooper term "High Altitude Low Opening"?
...and DeathSlam is what happens if the parachute fails to open. Usually.
Old Dec 4, 21, 6:20 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Checked out of the Sofitel today and there was a queue for the test every time I wandered past but it appeared to move very quickly unlike the Sixt queue half way over the bridge which was creeping forward like a sloth on mogadon.
Old Dec 4, 21, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by sunshinebob View Post
Checked out of the Sofitel today and there was a queue for the test every time I wandered past but it appeared to move very quickly unlike the Sixt queue half way over the bridge which was creeping forward like a sloth on mogadon.
That's good to know. ExpressTest at T5 arrivals took me 40 minutes queueing on Tuesday. I've got another test booked with them the week after next but I'll give Haloverify a try in the new year.
Old Dec 4, 21, 9:43 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
Advantage of Haloverify over ExpressTest Day 2 tests: 5hr vs end of next day for results.
KeaneJohn and Loungeabout like this.
Old Dec 4, 21, 10:56 am

Programs: Mucci Platinum Hairbrush des Bonnes Nouvelles. BA LTG, Starwood LTP, AA LTS, KL LTPt, Easy Plus :-)
Originally Posted by UKdiver View Post
Advantage of Haloverify over ExpressTest Day 2 tests: 5hr vs end of next day for results.
FWIW, the result of the T5 Halo test I took this morning ended up taking about 6.30 hours to arrive today.

So not terrible by any means but I wouldn’t rely on it if you’re needing a genuinely fast result for something time critical.

As an aside I have also decided the nose swab may be instrusive but it’s over quickly compared to the amount of time it took to fill the vial to the 4ml line with saliva this morning. YMMV :-)

Last edited by Fritz; Dec 4, 21 at 11:19 am Reason: Update with final test timing
Old Dec 4, 21, 11:42 am
Original Poster

Can i ask re Express Test in T5, do you actually have to clear immigration before getting to the Express Testing facility?
Old Dec 4, 21, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by Thrifty Scotsman View Post
Can i ask re Express Test in T5, do you actually have to clear immigration before getting to the Express Testing facility?
Yes. Both their testing facilities are landside.
Old Dec 4, 21, 11:23 pm

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
FWIW, the result of the T5 Halo test I took this morning ended up taking about 6.30 hours to arrive today.

So not terrible by any means but I wouldnt rely on it if youre needing a genuinely fast result for something time critical.

As an aside I have also decided the nose swab may be instrusive but its over quickly compared to the amount of time it took to fill the vial to the 4ml line with saliva this morning. YMMV :-)
Is the Halo Day 2 test a nose swab or saliva....assuming nose since its PCR. Even if Halo takes 6.5 hours that still beats the end of the next day results offerred by Express Test...how do they expect to stay competitive?
Old Dec 5, 21, 12:27 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Platinum.
Originally Posted by PDXPremier View Post
Is the Halo Day 2 test a nose swab or saliva....assuming nose since its PCR. Even if Halo takes 6.5 hours that still beats the end of the next day results offerred by Express Test...how do they expect to stay competitive?
It's a PCR using a saliva sample with no swab involved at all.

Like Fritz I also took this as a day 2 test yesterday morning. My results arrived 2h45m after sample was taken. Looking at the details of Fritz's arrival time I think the batch was all processed at the same time with my shorter time explained because my arrival time was around 3h45m after Fritz's. I suspect we were at either end of the range and the mean of around 5hrs for results is about right.
PDXPremier likes this.
Old Apr 2, 22, 3:30 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Eurobonus Gold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Can I just ask a question? Does the HALO result certificate:

i) specify it is a saliva test?

ii) have a time recorded on it?

I need both pieces of information to enter Japan. I want to do LAMP. The Expresstest at LHR though is 99 but Hali is just 29...!

Search this Thread