Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JFK check in time

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2021, 1:51 pm
Original Poster

JFK check in time

I’m flying JFK-LHR in First. How early can I check in at terminal 7?

thanks
Old Dec 1, 2021, 2:42 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Mucci: Classe de la Luxe Eternelle
Originally Posted by BWBriscoe
I’m flying JFK-LHR in First. How early can I check in at terminal 7?

thanks

Check in opens for the morning flight and then closes again until three hours before the first evening flight (approx). Are you HBO or looking to check luggage? What time do you intend to check in?
Old Dec 1, 2021, 2:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by noFODplease
Check in opens for the morning flight and then closes again until three hours before the first evening flight (approx). Are you HBO or looking to check luggage? What time do you intend to check in?
I need to check luggage. Looking to check in around 1800 for 2315 (tonight!).

B
Old Dec 1, 2021, 3:05 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Mucci: Classe de la Luxe Eternelle
Originally Posted by BWBriscoe
I need to check luggage. Looking to check in around 1800 for 2315 (tonight!).

B
Everything will be open and available at 18.00.
Old Dec 1, 2021, 3:22 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
MMB will tell you, but I think check in for the evening flights opens at 11am. Probably won't be the first wing area but you can check in and get rid of bags.
Old Dec 1, 2021, 3:32 pm
Original Poster

Great, thanks both
Old Nov 13, 2022, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by bisonrav
MMB will tell you, but I think check in for the evening flights opens at 11am. Probably won't be the first wing area but you can check in and get rid of bags.
Does anyone know if this is still correct? I have a layover and looking to check-in my bag but there were no BA staff around although the signage, unhelpfully, suggests it was open at 5.10am (presumably for the day flights). Trying to figure out whether to get a day room at the TWA or stay airside for a bit and then go through to a lounge.

Last edited by NateOz; Nov 13, 2022 at 10:12 am
Old Nov 13, 2022, 9:48 am

Programs: BA GGL
Went through JFK last week. Checkin opened at 1545. Think the first flight of the evening was 1845 or so.
NateOz likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2022, 10:29 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Jumping in here with a couple of questions.

Arriving around 7:30am with hand baggage, and my next flight isn't until 8:55pm.
Is there anywhere I can store my bag whilst I head into the city? It's a backpack but it's getting heavier, so I don't want to carry it for 10hrs, and dont want to check it as it has things in it i need (and dont want to wait for it in MAN).
Couple of T4 places mentioned on Google, but not sure if info is out of date or what.

What time do the T8 lounges open?
Old Nov 13, 2022, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by c1223
Went through JFK last week. Checkin opened at 1545. Think the first flight of the evening was 1845 or so.
Thanks!
Old Nov 13, 2022, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by xenole

Arriving around 7:30am with hand baggage, and my next flight isn't until 8:55pm.
Is there anywhere I can store my bag whilst I head into the city? It's a backpack but it's getting heavier, so I don't want to carry it for 10hrs, and dont want to check it as it has things in it i need (and dont want to wait for it in MAN).
Couple of T4 places mentioned on Google, but not sure if info is out of date or what.

I have not found anywhere to store luggage. A really helpful AA staff said they had removed the lockers from T8 and also suggested that T4 has airside dining options, alas when I got there they had been removed too!

Currently sitting at the TWA Hotel which is super comfy (and worth a look if you have time and are a bit of traveler) and having lunch. Had I known a bit more then I would have gone for the day room but it is not worth it now. They also have a pool you can pay to use ($50 for 1hr 45mins).

When I did this trip last year and was on AA all through and they through checked my luggage, it was all open the lounges and I spent the day in the Flagship lounge working. It was super and the food options good too. I believe there are new lounges opening in two weeks as BA is moving to T8.

Hope that helps.
Old Nov 13, 2022, 10:41 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Looked at a TWA dayroom (8am-4pm) and that's $209.
Old Nov 13, 2022, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by c1223
Open from 14.45 today :-) It was open earlier for the morning flights from 5.10 and defo closed by 11am when I got there. Hope it helps someone.
Old Nov 13, 2022, 2:55 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by NateOz
Open from 14.45 today :-) It was open earlier for the morning flights from 5.10 and defo closed by 11am when I got there. Hope it helps someone.
Yes I think it's 14:45 generally but during those weeks when NY is only 4 hours ahead of London time then everything shifts over an hour at the USA end.
NateOz likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2022, 8:00 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by xenole

Someone in the AA forum recently mentioned T4. Online info say there are luggage storage facilities at T4 and T1 https://www.jfkbagstorage.com/
T8 Flagship lounge opens 5am. I don't know about the AA club.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.