Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Covid test for flying to The Netherlands (non-verifly)

Covid test for flying to The Netherlands (non-verifly)

Old Feb 13, 22, 11:50 am

Programs: Hyatt: Diamond. Marriott: Platinum. AA: EXP 1MM. Delta: Silver. Etihad: Silver. Emirates Silver
I am flying to JFK-LHR-AMS on BA next weekend, with an airside layover ov about 2 hours. I will have my PCR text result in my hand (can also use Verufly for the flight to LHR) and since I have been boosted and have my CDC card with proof I do not have to quarantine in The Netherlands as of now.

My question is that on the return section AMS-LHR-JFK, I have about 5 hour layover at LHR. I will have my Antigen test done the day before departure in Amsterdam along with the US self-declaration form (which no one looks at!) and will be issued with both BP's for the AMS-LHR and LHR-JFK sectors. I was wondering if I could go landside during my layover to meet with a friend for lunch, plan is he will pick me up and we will go somewhere near by for a leisurely lunch at a restaurant and catch up after a few years etc. Since I will already have my LHR-JFK BP in my hand, when I return back to T5, will I have any issues going through security to get back airside so that I can continue my flight? Reason I am asking is if I get stopped by some BA staff who say for example the Antigen/PCT test is no longer valid since I entered the UK even it was just for 3-4 hours. I imagine since I have my BP I will be able to just go right through security but just wanted to check if anyone has any insight. Also, when I arrive at LHR and go through the immigration, are the Egates in use now? As a US citizen I assume I can use them, and also, would I have to present any testing documents etc. at immigration to be let into the UK and go landslide?
Old Feb 13, 22, 11:08 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I don’t see any issue with that. The e gates are available to you as a us passport holder. You only need to do a passenger locator form for the uk, but it’s unlikely to be checked at immigration.
Old Feb 14, 22, 9:35 am

Programs: Hyatt: Diamond. Marriott: Platinum. AA: EXP 1MM. Delta: Silver. Etihad: Silver. Emirates Silver
Originally Posted by KARFA View Post
I donít see any issue with that. The e gates are available to you as a us passport holder. You only need to do a passenger locator form for the uk, but itís unlikely to be checked at immigration.
Thanks so much for that KARFA, this clarifies thing and I feel more relaxed about getting out of the airport to meet up with a friend. Now just need to figure out a nice place to go to for a meal not far from the airport!
Old Feb 28, 22, 9:57 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by scottishpoet View Post
Should not matter where the test is done, as long as it is done in the correct time window
Hi - are self-administered tests done at home valid? The type where you upload the result and the lab send back a certificate? Thanks
Old Feb 28, 22, 10:13 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by Adstring View Post
Hi - are self-administered tests done at home valid? The type where you upload the result and the lab send back a certificate? Thanks
it says here that for entry to nl then self tests are not valid

Test result requirements | Coronavirus COVID-19 | Government.nl
@corporate-wage-slave and @Pilot37 may be more appropriate to comment
Old Feb 28, 22, 10:21 am

Programs: BA GfL (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by scottishpoet View Post
it says here that for entry to nl then self tests are not valid

Test result requirements | Coronavirus COVID-19 | Government.nl
@corporate-wage-slave and @Pilot37 may be more appropriate to comment

Iíve used Collinson self-administered for my last 4 NL trips and all were accepted by the BA Covid Doc review.

One caveat - I was doing b2bís on all trips - so didnít have to show any documentation to NL Border force.

Pilot37
our_kid likes this.

Last edited by Pilot37; Feb 28, 22 at 10:48 am
Old Mar 1, 22, 1:29 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, MB Titanium, IHG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I believe that the latest rule is that you donít need a covid test if transiting airside and can show proof of onward travel.
Old Mar 1, 22, 2:32 am

Programs: Mucci Platinum Hairbrush des Bonnes Nouvelles. BA LTG, Starwood LTP, AA LTS, KL LTPt, Easy Plus :-)
I have also used self administered tests in the past without issue (usually the Randox day 2 / day 8 tests in the days those were required for the UK).

Recently I have been using doctap on Wigmore St (self administered in front of a supervisor) and also express test at Paddington (not self administered). All have been accepted.

On a slight tangent, I live in hope that the testing requirements will soon be harmonised within EU for vaccinated and boosted travellers and NL inbound testing requirements will be downgraded. Fingers crossed :-)
MaxFlyer likes this.
Old Mar 1, 22, 2:40 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/AA-Ex Plat/HY- LT Globalist/BA-CCR/GGL/GfL
I did a Qured self administered, but proctored test yesterday which was accepted by BA this morning. We'll see if the Dutch accept it in about three hours.
Old Mar 1, 22, 5:41 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, BA LTG, Hilton Diamond, FB Platinum
I have been using self administered test for all my trips to The Netherlands, always accepted. The Dutch do not check it, so as long as BA accepts there should be no issue. Really hope they will drop the testing requirement soon.
Old Mar 1, 22, 6:59 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/AA-Ex Plat/HY- LT Globalist/BA-CCR/GGL/GfL
I showed the test result, vaccination certificate and travel paperwork to the officer today at Schipol. She was a little embarrassed but told me that they don't check them!
Old Mar 2, 22, 10:22 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, MB Titanium, IHG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Has anyone managed to successfully get a boarding pass and fly to AMS with BA as an airside transit passenger without a negative covid test?

The rules seem to allow this but I donít think VeriFLY would be able to handle it and airport agents may not either.
Old Mar 3, 22, 2:10 am

Programs: BA Gold
Was it fine @Markie?
Old Mar 3, 22, 2:23 am

Programs: BA Gold; Flying Blue Gold, Club Carlson Concierge, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MaxFlyer View Post
Has anyone managed to successfully get a boarding pass and fly to AMS with BA as an airside transit passenger without a negative covid test?

The rules seem to allow this but I donít think VeriFLY would be able to handle it and airport agents may not either.
I flew ORD-LHR-AMS in November. At that time you didn't need a negative test from US to enter The Netherlands, but you did need a negative test from UK to enter The Netherlands. I was able to check in at ORD without showing a neg test, and stayed airside. One caveat - at that time, you also didn't need a neg test to enter UK from US either, so not sure if I was able to check in due to the UK rules, rather than the system recognising the NL ones
Old Mar 3, 22, 2:29 am

Programs: BA Gold; Flying Blue Gold, Club Carlson Concierge, Hilton Diamond
Just to clarify - Dutch immigration do not check anyone's COVID validity. There are many airlines insisting passengers fill out Health Declaration Forms. By all means fill them out but there is no-one in Amsterdam collecting these.

I flew to Madrid last week and was surprised to see lots of medical looking people in hazmat suits asking to see QR codes to enter the country. None of that is happening in Amsterdam.

And I agree - I do hope they lift the testing requirement soon.

Search this Thread