Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TP posting timescale - the new normal?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2022, 5:22 pm

Programs: ba silver
Anybody know long it takes for BA flights marketed by AA to post?

It's been over two weeks since a round trip taken all BA flights paid business class. BA blames AA, AA says they have nothing to do with this.

Executive Club agent says it can take up to 28 days to post. Don't know why as my BA number was on the boarding pass. I should be at Silver with these flights.

I'm quite patient so I will give them the 28 days, if not I will send both airlines a demand letter for either the points and tier status or I sue in SCC for the value of the points ( based on what they charge for for the points and the value of silver benefits).

It's actually very easy to do and I live in the most consumer friendly province in Canada so I know that in the end I they will do something.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 1:07 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by stevendorechester
Anybody know long it takes for BA flights marketed by AA to post?
When they changed over the system there was a backlog - represented by this thread - which now seems to have cleared. I would normally expect AA codeshares on BA metal to post within a few days, up to one week. It's not clear from your post, have you submitted the Claim Form yet? That would be based on your 001 AA ticket number. There is an escalation process after you have waited 28 days and I doubt that it would be any easier looking to external agencies.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
When they changed over the system there was a backlog - represented by this thread - which now seems to have cleared. I would normally expect AA codeshares on BA metal to post within a few days, up to one week. It's not clear from your post, have you submitted the Claim Form yet? That would be based on your 001 AA ticket number. There is an escalation process after you have waited 28 days and I doubt that it would be any easier looking to external agencies.
I have submitted online forms and spoken with an agent. This was a round-trip YUL-LHR-CAI. Sold directly by AA in I class. All BA metal. The line-haul flights on my boarding passes say BA xxx sold ad AA xxx, the short haul flights don't say " SOLD AS AA xxx". The flights are listed as flown on my BAEC page, yet not one has been credited.

I don't know why this is happening, I took two internal flights on Egypt Air and they were credited to my Aeroplan account in one day. Surely BA has the technology to do the same.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 12:48 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by stevendorechester
I have submitted online forms and spoken with an agent. This was a round-trip YUL-LHR-CAI. Sold directly by AA in I class. All BA metal. The line-haul flights on my boarding passes say BA xxx sold ad AA xxx, the short haul flights don't say " SOLD AS AA xxx". The flights are listed as flown on my BAEC page, yet not one has been credited.

I don't know why this is happening, I took two internal flights on Egypt Air and they were credited to my Aeroplan account in one day. Surely BA has the technology to do the same.
I think you can check the status of your claim within your account. This is just a codeshare issue - BA doesn't credit it automatically, instead they get pushed to AA, then AA pushes back the credit to BAEC. If you filled in the form then I would expect you to hear within a few weeks, and if there is any further problems after 28 days then you can either call up or send a Private Message to BAMissingAvios.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 5:53 am

Programs: Hilton/Diamond, BA/Gold
Another oddity, LHR -> MUC on the 14th/15th March. Return flight on the 15th credited within 48 hours, but outbound flight on the 14th still hasn't credited. Trying to use the form on the BA site gives me an error to "Please check you have entered the correct ticket number." despite taking the ticket number directly from my booking confirmation.
Old Apr 5, 2022, 7:11 am

Programs: BA, UA, Marriot
Originally Posted by andrewr1985
Another oddity, LHR -> MUC on the 14th/15th March. Return flight on the 15th credited within 48 hours, but outbound flight on the 14th still hasn't credited. Trying to use the form on the BA site gives me an error to "Please check you have entered the correct ticket number." despite taking the ticket number directly from my booking confirmation.
I had the same message when trying to claim Avios and TP for a domestic flight taken on 16 March, again despite me having the correct ticket number per my booking confirmation. I've sent in a separate request with booking ref etc and will leave it a while before pursuing by phone, though that's not exactly something I'm looking forward to.
Old Apr 5, 2022, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by Captain Schmidt
I had the same message when trying to claim Avios and TP for a domestic flight taken on 16 March, again despite me having the correct ticket number per my booking confirmation. I've sent in a separate request with booking ref etc and will leave it a while before pursuing by phone, though that's not exactly something I'm looking forward to.
I've found a direct message on twitter to be a lot easier than phoning when my avios hadn't recredited from a cancelled flight.
Captain Schmidt likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2022, 9:23 am

Programs: Qantas Platinum (Oneworld Emerald)
I've had problems with BA (and IB) flights crediting to Qantas recently. Qantas said it was a BA IT issue and asked me to send copies of boarding passes and etickets for manual claims.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 6:36 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Diamond
Error when entering ticket number

Originally Posted by andrewr1985
That form has thrown up the same error message for me for many, many months. Absolutely useless.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 10:15 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Being driven absolutely crazy by unposted flights: AA-coded BA-operated trip from January 2nd didn't post even though FF numbers were in booking and printed on all boarding passes (posting to BA for spouse, AS for child, and AA for me). I submitted mine to AA online afterwards when they didn't appear and they posted immediately. Spouse's BA tier points and miles didn't post at all. Submitted request Jan 9th, but nothing happened. Just spent a very frustrating hour on the phone now with multiple agents ending up with them saying they had to resubmit it to AA and that I should call AA if they didn't post. I was about ready to scream: whom did they think I should I talk to at AA? I'm sure BA have a dedicated liaison for their ExecClub relationship so it's infuriating that this is being fobbed off onto me.

Just hope these actually post.

Submitted the tickets to AS for crediting for our child and hopefully that won't take so long.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 7:55 am

I think you can check the status of your claim within your account. This is just a codeshare issue - BA doesn't credit it automatically, instead they get pushed to AA, then AA pushes back the credit to BAEC. If you filled in the form then I would expect you to hear within a few weeks, and if there is any further problems after 28 days then you can either call up or send a Private Message to BAMissingAvios.
Thank you for the tip about sending a PM to the " secret helper". Got my points credited within one day. The only problem was that my flight were credited as marketed and operated by AA. The flights were marketed by AA, but all operated by BA. AA does not fly YUL-LHE-CAI. All my statement show is the flights as operated by AA. This leaves my with 440 tier points but no eligible flights. The BA website clearly shows that eligible flights are " FLIGHTS MARKETED OR OPERATED BY BA" as well as flights marketed AND operated by Iberia. What should I do now?
Old Apr 11, 2022, 10:52 am

Indeed it is only BA operated services on those routes. So it's going to be either a call to BAEC or another PM to the same helper.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 4:50 pm

Programs: BA Gold. Flying Blue Gold. Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Plat AMB, Radisson Gold, Marriott Gold
Credit for IB flights seems to have been broken for ages. I'm mystified by the result of my latest set of retro claims though - LHR-MAD (outbound) claim rejected, but MAD-LHR (inbound) accepted. All on the same ticket. Not sure if the fact that I was originally booked on BA metal LHR-MAD (until flight got cancelled on short notice) has something to do with it...
Old Apr 11, 2022, 6:16 pm

Indeed it is only BA operated services on those routes. So it's going to be either a call to BAEC or another PM to the same helper.
Thanks for your help again! Perhaps you can answer one more.

I am a Blue member. This year I have 440 TPs. By the end of this week it should be 520. My BA page said I needed 250 for Bronze and 450 for Silver. This time next week I should have 6 flights. None are BA marketed but 4 are BA operated.

Will that put me to Silver?. The BA t an c shows that I need 4 BA operated flights, plus the required number of TP's ( same for Gold). Days nothing about marketed.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 7:59 pm

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by LondonAussie
I've had problems with BA (and IB) flights crediting to Qantas recently. Qantas said it was a BA IT issue and asked me to send copies of boarding passes and etickets for manual claims.
Same vice versa.

About 16 odd QF legs this year to date and nothing showing up in my BA account.

Nothing coming back from GGL line either, "we will have to wait till QF post the flights" is the response via email after submitting all the ticket numbers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.