Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Help Needed! Where to instead of South Africa?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help Needed! Where to instead of South Africa?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2021, 1:11 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by andymcdonnell
Trying to get this back on topic rather than the endless debate around testing & whether to travel as a result…

So Dubai seems an option, anyone experience lately with Doha or Oman?
We just returned from Oman yesterday and had a lovely time. Service was superb everywhere we stayed. We had to wear masks everywhere and we had to show our vax cards to enter restaurants and shopping centers. Otherwise, the travel experience was lovely, very much pre Covid.

Oman Recommendations
Old Dec 10, 2021, 2:08 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Avis President
Originally Posted by steview111
Unless they’ve changed it since I used it, the Chronomics test involved registering the kit online, filling in when you took the test and uploading a picture of the result. You then get the certificate after submitting the result, for me it was around 10 minutes later. At no point did I need to provide evidence that the test was completed when I said it was.

Take some free NHS tests with you. Test yourself with the NHS test once you get to destination, if it’s negative then do the Chronomics test straight after. Take a photo of the result and the codes and enjoy your trip. Register and upload the result before you leave to get the certificate.
OK...its a work around I suppose and probably the way forward for Dubai next month...Chris

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.