Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Trying to book award flight on AA using Avios (AAnytime vs MileSAAver)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trying to book award flight on AA using Avios (AAnytime vs MileSAAver)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2021, 7:22 pm

How do we get help? Im sitting on 500k points and dont want to have to buy my tickets....
Old Dec 7, 2021, 8:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Unpollo2
the lowest price MilesSaaver are 7500, plenty available every day in Feb 2022, yet BA.com shows nothing. it is a system error.

Per the AAdvantage award chart, the MileSAAver rate of 7,500 in Economy only pertains to nonstop flights under 500 miles. ATL-MIA is more than 500 flown miles, so if you're seeing a redemption rate of 7,500 AA miles on that route, it is likely that it is an Economy "Web Special." Iberia Plus offers those AA flights for redemption, but BA is not doing so. In fact, from what's been posted on FT, it appears that BAEC is not even offering true MileSAAver seats either.

AAdvantage award chart here:

https://www.aa.com/i18n/aadvantage-p...ward-chart.jsp
Old Dec 7, 2021, 11:21 pm

ChecK the Alaska site first

If the Alaska Mileage Plan site shows AA availble, then the BA site should also. As we all know that there is a major BA computer GLITCH, the BA site shows zero.
Analogy: the shelves aren't empty of milleage seats, because there aren't any shelves to be empty. I'm sure BA knows of the problem , they just refuse to fix it. I would imagine that even a bad attorney would win this class action suite! BA is knowingly not letting us use our points! Lets all join in.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 12:04 pm

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by guv1976
Per the AAdvantage award chart, the MileSAAver rate of 7,500 in Economy only pertains to nonstop flights under 500 miles. ATL-MIA is more than 500 flown miles, so if you're seeing a redemption rate of 7,500 AA miles on that route, it is likely that it is an Economy "Web Special." Iberia Plus offers those AA flights for redemption, but BA is not doing so. In fact, from what's been posted on FT, it appears that BAEC is not even offering true MileSAAver seats either.

AAdvantage award chart here:

https://www.aa.com/i18n/aadvantage-p...ward-chart.jsp
BA isn't offering any AA flights period, that's the problem.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by Cledaybuck
BA isn't offering any AA flights period, that's the problem.
that is correct. Lol. This is ridiculous. Lol
Old Dec 8, 2021, 4:14 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Platinum Elite, Avis President's Club
I managed to bag seats using On Business, which is clearly a different set of rules, but goes to show part of the BA system works, sweet FA showing on avios availability though.... another farce!
Old Dec 14, 2021, 6:32 pm

They're back online - issue seems resolved for now
Unpollo2 likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 8:09 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
AA flights can only be booked using Avios if they are available on AA.com at the Saver Level which for domestic flights is 12,500 AA miles oneway, 25,000 return. Any other domestic flights are either full priced awards at 25,000 AA miles oneway or 50,000 return, or a web special which is not bookable using Avios. Web specials may be more or less miles than the Saver Level awards, but regardless they are not bookable using Avios. AA offer less and less Saver Level awards anymore, and that is another reason they can be hard to find, even when the BA website is working correctly.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 8:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Furby
AA flights can only be booked using Avios if they are available on AA.com at the Saver Level which for domestic flights is 12,500 AA miles oneway, 25,000 return. Any other domestic flights are either full priced awards at 25,000 AA miles oneway or 50,000 return, or a web special which is not bookable using Avios. Web specials may be more or less miles than the Saver Level awards, but regardless they are not bookable using Avios. AA offer less and less Saver Level awards anymore, and that is another reason they can be hard to find, even when the BA website is working correctly.
See Posts 18, 20, and 21.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.