Cost of ticket?

Old Nov 24, 21, 10:26 pm
Original Poster

Cost of ticket?

I feel so out of the loop with no travelling for a few years. Looking at Vancouver to London, booking in premium economy and upgrading to Business. Travelling out in May returning in June. Found a seat which was $1,500 one way and 25,000 avios. Is this roughly the correct price? So $3,000 round trip. Thank you.
Old Nov 25, 21, 12:02 am

Programs: UA *G, AA EXP, BA Silver
Originally Posted by Skysea View Post
I feel so out of the loop with no travelling for a few years. Looking at Vancouver to London, booking in premium economy and upgrading to Business. Travelling out in May returning in June. Found a seat which was $1,500 one way and 25,000 avios. Is this roughly the correct price? So $3,000 round trip. Thank you.
Round trip is usually cheaper than 2 * one-way.

When you upgrade from PE to J you have to pay the extra BA surcharges for J (over those paid for PE), which can add $300 or more to the fare.

I suggest you use Google flights or ITA Matrix to find out what the plain PE fares are as a first step. Then look for roundtrip flights with upgrades ... the base fare should be the same, but carrier surcharges will be significantly higher. Then you decide whether 25000 Avios plus <x> dollars is a good deal or not.
SxMan, drwook and Skysea like this.
Old Nov 25, 21, 5:46 am

Programs: BA Gold, etc. etc.
As a general rule, two one-ways are likely to be significantly more expensive than one round-trip, easily by a factor of two or three times. Also one-ways are priced on what the markets at each starting airport can bear, so the airfares for YVR-LHR and LHR-YVR may vary wildly from each other.
Skysea likes this.

Last edited by London Dude; Nov 25, 21 at 6:00 am
Old Nov 25, 21, 1:43 pm
Original Poster

Much appreciated your advice … thank you

Search this Thread