Wiki Posts
Search

Error with advanced passenger information

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2021, 3:21 am
Original Poster

Error with advanced passenger information

Hi...

I'm trying to add advanced passenger information online for my flight to JFK next week. I have entered all the details correctly, but I keep getting this error message:
"We have found some problems with the details you have provided
There was a problem with the data you entered. Please check the data and resubmit."

It doesn't tell me what's wrong with anything I have inputted. On the summary page the only "More information required" slots are for "Email address" and "Name of contact". Both of these I have put in correctly but it still gives me the above error message.

Tried calling BA...they won't take any calls at the moment...!

Any help gratefully received!

Thanks,

Ben
Peter191049 likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 3:32 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de Actes Bénéfiques pour les Autres, BAEC Gold.
Originally Posted by BWBriscoe
Hi...

I'm trying to add advanced passenger information online for my flight to JFK next week. I have entered all the details correctly, but I keep getting this error message:
"We have found some problems with the details you have provided
There was a problem with the data you entered. Please check the data and resubmit."

It doesn't tell me what's wrong with anything I have inputted. On the summary page the only "More information required" slots are for "Email address" and "Name of contact". Both of these I have put in correctly but it still gives me the above error message.

Tried calling BA...they won't take any calls at the moment...!

Any help gratefully received!

Thanks,

Ben
See the following thread as it seems an ongoing issue:

API data on bookings

Particularly CWS's post at the end of the thread which maybe the problem?
Old Nov 15, 2021, 3:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BarneyMcGrew
See the following thread as it seems an ongoing issue:

API data on bookings

Particularly CWS's post at the end of the thread which maybe the problem?
It appears to be the details for contact that is the issue. But, I'm putting them both in and still getting the error message.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 4:08 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
It appears to be the details for contact that is the issue. But, I'm putting them both in and still getting the error message.
Same problem here.

Sorted. I dared to put a space in the Tel. No.
Robert279 likes this.

Last edited by DrGee; Nov 15, 2021 at 4:23 am Reason: Update
Old Nov 15, 2021, 4:29 am

Programs: BA GGLfL, WoH Lifetime Globalist, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
I had the same problem last week and kept receiving text messages and emails telling me to complete API, even after I had checked in and had my boarding pass for LHR-JFK, although I had to do a doc check at LHR. GGL CS advised me that all fields had been completed correctly and that I should do the doc check at the check-in area rather than at the gate. Document check took a few seconds; all was OK.

Doc Copper
Old Nov 15, 2021, 4:35 am
Original Poster

Just spoke to BA (after 25 minutes of holding), they said it was optional (so why does it say required on ba.com?!). The agent added the details.

Just went back in to MMB...they're not there. Argh!

Why do BA make this so difficult...?
Old Nov 15, 2021, 5:33 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire
Well BA currently doing the IT upgrade. It could be that when you are trying to enter the API data and you enter something different then in your profile it’s just errors out. Possible BA locked down certain databases and even internal apps doesn’t work as expected.
IT upgrade should finish soon…
imkevinmc likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 11:28 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, BA Amex PP
I’ve been having this issue since before the IT “upgrade” (inverted commas used because it will likely result in anything but).

At first, it would accept the info only for next time in MMB I would see the same prompt - all info had been wiped clean.

Recently though there is an error with my information apparently - it cannot be associated with a particular segment or already flown segment… nothing else to help one even make sense of what is wrong … I’ve resorted to Twitter and the useless chat bot, hopefully a human picks up my DM as I fly to the US on Saturday. Managed to enter it all once on the AA site for my transcons on AA without any issue.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 12:46 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Just spoke to BA (after 25 minutes of holding), they said it was optional (so why does it say required on ba.com?!). The agent added the details.

Just went back in to MMB...they're not there. Argh!

Why do BA make this so difficult...?
Providing API is optional, but it is required for you to check in online (and thus, if you don't have status you won't be able to choose your seats except on full fare J/F). If you don't input it then you will have to check in at the airport.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 3:16 am
Original Poster

I've now been on the phone to BA for over an hour and nobody seems to know how to sort this. Incredibly frustrating.

I've already used avios to choose our Club seats out to JFK and First seats back. Is there any chance not being able to check in online would mean that we could lose them?
Old Nov 17, 2021, 4:38 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, BA Amex PP
No real update from my end but when trying this morning I now find my UK home address pre-populated in the address section of where I am staying in the US. Secondly when hitting save, despite getting the opaque error message, I still get an email saying contact details have been updated. What matters to me most is getting my Redress number on the booking - without that I will no doubt have a SSSS at LHR and painful CBP interview at JFK in the evening when I land (thankfully no connection until the next morning just some lost sleep) - irritating though not entirely surprising that BA could have not made such a critical field separate (and therefore remains intact) from the rest of their comedy error-prone API interface.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 8:40 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Bringing this thread back to life, a friend is trying to enter some API for a flight to the U.S. tomorrow on the BA website, but when he clicks on the 'Add Details' link on the website it brings up an Error page and says BA are experiencing some technical issues.
Anybody else having this / seen it before and knows a work around?

Pilot37
Old Dec 17, 2021, 8:45 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, AS Airlines Mileage Plan
Originally Posted by Pilot37
Bringing this thread back to life, a friend is trying to enter some API for a flight to the U.S. tomorrow on the BA website, but when he clicks on the 'Add Details' link on the website it brings up an Error page and says BA are experiencing some technical issues.
Anybody else having this / seen it before and knows a work around?

Pilot37
I have had the same problem with 2 of our bookings. On one of them I was able to successfully add the required contact information and US address for both of us, but now it shows that only shows mine as complete, not my husbands. On the other booking (also a flight to the US from LHR, but a different date) I have repeatedly gotten the error message for both of us.

I have not seen any workaround suggested.
Pilot37 likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 9:34 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
I had this issue with all my reservations after the recent BAEC IT changes. No idea why changing household account processing should make any difference, but whatever.

Try going onto the Finnair website, entering your normal BA PNR to view/change booking and enter your details there. It will modify the same underlying booking in Amadeus.
Pilot37 likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 2:26 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Originally Posted by Tafflyer
I had this issue with all my reservations after the recent BAEC IT changes. No idea why changing household account processing should make any difference, but whatever.

Try going onto the Finnair website, entering your normal BA PNR to view/change booking and enter your details there. It will modify the same underlying booking in Amadeus.
Thanks for the Finnair tip - my friend entered the data via their online chat bot - but they advise it takes 24-48hrs for the booking to be updated, so I switched to Qantas and they accepted the data in real time and he was able to check in for his BA flight.

Pilot37

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.