Wiki Posts
Search

BA Holidays booking not going through

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2021, 11:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
BA Holidays booking not going through

I have seen an amazing deal through BA Holidays, once in a lifetime kind of deal.

However, once I press book and pay I get “We are very sorry, there has been a problem confirming your booking”

Now the phone lines are closed and I can’t book online. Any tips before the price shoots up?
Old Nov 14, 2021, 12:03 pm

It’s highly probable that the price is incorrect and therefore the browser craps out before purchase.
Old Nov 14, 2021, 12:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jimbojumbo
It’s highly probable that the price is incorrect and therefore the browser craps out before purchase.
I thought the same…but can BA get away with false advertising and incorrect prices?
Old Nov 14, 2021, 12:10 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by BAeuro
I thought the same…but can BA get away with false advertising and incorrect prices?
From memory it has to be intentional and reckless for it to be 'false advertising'. It's more likely to be a mistake. Mistakes happen.
Old Nov 14, 2021, 12:12 pm

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
BAeuro PM me the details of the holiday, I will try and book it and report back
DYKWIA likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2021, 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by BAeuro
It’s not false advertising. If they display a price of £100 for a holiday which should be £1000 that is called “an invitation to treat” in law. You then “offer” your £100 to buy that holiday. If BA “accept” that offer and take your £100 and issue a ticket for the holiday then a contract is formed. Anything beforehand is classed as negotiation.

You do not have a contract with BA at this point. If they’d taken your cash and issued the ticket and then cancelled the contract you could sue for breach. False advertising is something along the lines of “this aftershave will definitely allow you to get dates with hundreds of women” or “drinking this drink will make you run a mile in four minutes” sort of thing
Old Nov 14, 2021, 12:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PGberkshire
BAeuro PM me the details of the holiday, I will try and book it and report back
That is so kind of you - thank you.

I have managed to get through to BA now and they also see the same price as me…but are unable to book it. They have said it’s a problem at the hotel end and I could book an alternative hotel for £££ more.

I appreciate what others are saying, I really do, but it is not my fault if the website has mistakes on it. And if the website is able to trip up a booking when it knows the price is incorrect, then it shouldn’t display the price in the first place.
Old Nov 14, 2021, 12:44 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I get what you are saying but equally it probably isnt BA's fault either, prices probably come in from all sorts of data sources, its not a chap typing things into a spreadsheet. So chances are it a data stream from a hotel chain thats messed things up.
Old Nov 14, 2021, 1:03 pm
Original Poster

Well back to the drawing board for me
Old Nov 14, 2021, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I understand that you do not wish to share details in case you manage to book this, but once it is "too late" (ie they have fixed the mistake), please do let us know what it was as I am sure i am not the only one being curious!
golfmad likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2021, 1:45 pm

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
This has happened to me before - as I understand it, BAH get a feed every day of availability and prices, which is what is used to generate the quotes we see. But booking then triggers a live pricing/availability lookup, and if that's changed, you get this error.

Happened with other TAs as well, most don't give 'live prices' from the point of first quote, so it's annoying, but not a specifically BA thing... and certainly not actionable under contract law...
Jimbojumbo and BAeuro like this.
Old Nov 14, 2021, 1:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ratechaser
This has happened to me before - as I understand it, BAH get a feed every day of availability and prices, which is what is used to generate the quotes we see. But booking then triggers a live pricing/availability lookup, and if that's changed, you get this error.

Happened with other TAs as well, most don't give 'live prices' from the point of first quote, so it's annoying, but not a specifically BA thing... and certainly not actionable under contract law...
Great explanation, thanks
Old Nov 14, 2021, 2:54 pm

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
If it has gone, can you share what it was please?
Old Nov 14, 2021, 3:00 pm

Programs: BA Silver
In my experience BA holidays online hotel availability is not accurate and I have had bookings fail at the payment stage with unclear errors messages. On phoning agents have confirmed that the hotel is not in fact available although the online booking engine says it is.
Old Nov 14, 2021, 3:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PGberkshire
If it has gone, can you share what it was please?
£195 per person for a 3 night holiday to the Hilton Venice staying in the presidential suite

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.