Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Meet BA Management in the CCR tomorrow?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2021, 9:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by orbitmic

The target group is limited (it is not all those entitled to the CCR) and in fact, I ended up having them all to myself for over 1 hour
Nowt personal but that seems like a complete waste of time if you ask me.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 10:17 am

Programs: BA GGL
I never get invited to these
Which is a bit of a shame as my travel is a broad mix of personal and client, which also means it's a wide mix of cabins - most often towards the back - meaning I could add various additional observations from the aspirational premium traveller perspective.
Such as: why is GGL status not really recognised at all?; why does the Gold/GGL 'seat block' get overridden so often when there are loads of other seats elsewhere on the plane?; why cheapskate and dump lounge access in many European locations?; why does BA categorically loathe those with status date-ends of 8 April/May so very much?; etc.
I do have positives too, but I have to go and finish a project...
Old Nov 3, 2021, 10:53 am
Suspended

[QUOTE=orbitmic;33695800]
The target group is limited (it is not all those entitled to the CCR) and in fact, I ended up having them all to myself for over 1 hour (/QUOTE]

Originally Posted by HIDDY
Nowt personal but that seems like a complete waste of time if you ask me.
Especially if the other option is being in Concorde dining, drinking a glass(es) of LP Grand Siecle.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 11:23 am

Programs: BA Silver
Would they be disappointed if they bought an Afternoon Tea and discovered it doesn't include tea?

(stir, stir, stir....)
justin_krusty and EDIwanderer like this.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 1:00 pm

Programs: BA GGLfL, WoH Lifetime Globalist, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
The invite for today's event stated "...Meet and Greet with members of our Senior Leadership Group at the Concorde Room Terrace..."

I don't view these interactions as a whinge session - quite the reverse.

Doctor Copper
Old Nov 3, 2021, 1:08 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by DoctorCopper
The invite for today's event stated "...Meet and Greet with members of our Senior Leadership Group at the Concorde Room Terrace..."

I don't view these interactions as a whinge session - quite the reverse.

Doctor Copper
The CCR Terrace is pretty small; it would be hard to keep this as some sort of small secluded group. I'd imagine that the invites were not anything more than alert to certain people, and that there might be an announcement of some sort to anyone who happened to be there. If not, I doubt that the meeting would remain exclusive in any event.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by champignon
The CCR Terrace is pretty small; it would be hard to keep this as some sort of small secluded group. I'd imagine that the invites were not anything more than alert to certain people, and that there might be an announcement of some sort to anyone who happened to be there. If not, I doubt that the meeting would remain exclusive in any event.
It would seem you haven't been in the CCR recently. The BA hosting-staff knew who was invited and I was welcomed by name as I was walking to the reception. I doubt that any non-invitees were allowed in.

Doc Copper

Last edited by DoctorCopper; Nov 3, 2021 at 1:52 pm
Old Nov 3, 2021, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I'd imagine that the invites were not anything more than alert to certain people, and that there might be an announcement of some sort to anyone who happened to be there. If not, I doubt that the meeting would remain exclusive in any event.
Not so. As DoctorCopper rightly says, the invitations are personal, details are arranged by email beforehand, and one of the team's PA will come meet guests at the entrance of the CCR having clearly done her homework to recognise you by sight and will take you to the group. The events take place in a specific part of the CCR and quite discreet.
DoctorCopper likes this.

Last edited by orbitmic; Nov 3, 2021 at 4:36 pm
Old Nov 3, 2021, 2:12 pm
Suspended

Not so. As DoctorCooper rightly says, the invitations are personal, details are arranged by email beforehand, and one of the team's PA will come meet guests at the entrance of the CCR having clearly done her homework to recognise you by sight and will take you to the group. The events take place in a specific part of the CCR and quite discreet.
Again, the stated place of this meeting was the CCR TERRACE. The CCR is huge, not so the CCR Terrace.

And yes, I have been in the CCR once in July, once in Sept., and once in early October. I haven't been invited to anything, but I did enjoy the LP GS
Old Nov 3, 2021, 2:15 pm

Not so. As DoctorCooper rightly says, the invitations are personal, details are arranged by email beforehand, and one of the team's PA will come meet guests at the entrance of the CCR having clearly done her homework to recognise you by sight and will take you to the group. The events take place in a specific part of the CCR and quite discreet.
Doc Copper or Doctor Copper please! I don't make beer barrels...

Doc Copper
squawk likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 3:19 pm

I would like to know when they plan to bring back the computers as well as magazines and newspapers into the lounges. Would 100% praise the new food ordering system much better than the buffet but think options in the club lounges should be improved
Old Nov 3, 2021, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Again, the stated place of this meeting was the CCR TERRACE. The CCR is huge, not so the CCR Terrace.
Sorry if my answer was not sufficiently clear, I don't particularly want to give too many details on those as it is not my place to do - but the meetings take place in a specific part of the CCR terrace. The rest of the terrace, which is not that small, is used normally by customers who are probably entirely oblivious to what is going on a few metres away from them. You don't need a huge amount of space for 5-10 people standing which is what we are talking about here, and 99% of people wouldn't spontaneously go and join a group of people talking together, it would be weird to do so. .

PS: typo corrected on Doctor Copper's name with my apologies!
DoctorCopper likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 5:22 pm

Programs: BAEC
Sorry if my answer was not sufficiently clear, I don't particularly want to give too many details on those as it is not my place to do - but the meetings take place in a specific part of the CCR terrace. The rest of the terrace, which is not that small, is used normally by customers who are probably entirely oblivious to what is going on a few metres away from them. You don't need a huge amount of space for 5-10 people standing which is what we are talking about here, and 99% of people wouldn't spontaneously go and join a group of people talking together, it would be weird to do so. .

Can confirm this. They had one of these events on October 6th - utilizing the far back right (when standing at the Concorde nose cone looking across the Terrace) sofa/chair and tables for the reception. There was a tensa barrier separating this from the rest of the Terrace. It was one or two customers with the management staff at any one time.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 5:42 pm

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold

Ah ok. And without giving too much away (as I appreciate it's not your place to do) were there any pearls of wisdom emanating today from the BA Illuminati that can be shared with those
of us in the cheap lounges..?
Old Nov 3, 2021, 5:43 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by TangoOneSeven
Can confirm this. They had one of these events on October 6th - utilizing the far back right (when standing at the Concorde nose cone looking across the Terrace) sofa/chair and tables for the reception. There was a tensa barrier separating this from the rest of the Terrace. It was one or two customers with the management staff at any one time.
My apologies. I was only in the "Terrace" when it was being used alone and the CCR itself was closed (in July, and once in Sept. when the CCR itself was closed midway through my visit, on the present reduced schedule). Those times the Terrace was inundated with customers and the minimal staff was running around trying to take orders amidst lots of commotion. That would not have been conducive to any sort of small polite gathering. I wasn't thinking about that space in the context of the full CCR being available, with the guests spread out.

In all honesty I was never thinking of that area (CCR Terrace) as being anything in particular during pre-covid visits; I almost never went there since I would either be in a reserved cabana, or in the dining room.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.