Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

13Nov pm - 17Nov am : BAEC account maintenance - cannot login or spend Avios

13Nov pm - 17Nov am : BAEC account maintenance - cannot login or spend Avios

Hide Wikipost
Old Jan 15, 22, 5:16 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Prospero
Wiki Link
BUGS
1. Promotion to Gold Guest List (Markie)
2. More Gold Upgrades for 2 than there should be (Markie)
3. Flight details have same date for posting as for flight (Markie)
4. American Airline reward flights do not show and cannot be booked online(not sure if they can be booked by phone)
5. Combining avios points with IB is not possible. (alexphj)
6. TP collection year end on landing page shows card expiry date (i.e. end of following month). Correct under 'My Account' sub-menu. (NWIFlyer)
7. No household account although underlying data appears to still be there (many)
8. language set to english (german not available) (Nephoi)
9. AA Business R class domestic flight shows as Economy(R), but properly credits Avios+TP (El_Duderito)
10. Booking reference doesn’t display for partner flights eve though the tag is there (MaxFlyer)
11. Adding/editing contact phone number (for pax and/or additional contact) to 'Australia (+61)' once saved becomes 'Christmas Island (+61)'. (paulieuk)
12. Unable to logon using username - have to use BAEC number instead. (bakera)

'FEATURES'
1. Bronze/Silver/Gold members have some text formatted in Bronze/Silver/Gold text as applicable. Consensus seems to be that it's pretty, but hard to see…

ENHANCEMENTS
1. Additional detail of flights on Front Page (Markie)
2. Scroll back of transactions goes to October 2018 (Markie)
3. Household account redemptions appear differently, with pro-rate Avios transferred from other members into the head of HHA/redeeming member's account, then the total deducted. (sunshinebob) https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33741742-post407.html
Print Wikipost

Old Dec 8, 21, 8:56 pm

Programs: BA GGL, A3 GOLD, AS MVP GOLD, O6 DIAMOND
Originally Posted by neofung View Post
When I log in.. it keeps on showing

Sorry

• We are not able to recognise the username or password that you have supplied. Please be aware that your username/password are case sensitive. Please check and re-enter.
anyone has the same problem?
Same staff today.
Tried a couple times, and sometimes popup said system upgrading.
Old Dec 8, 21, 9:39 pm

Programs: Delta 1MM/PM, BAEC GGL, Asiana Diamond Plus(Lifetime), AC *Tangerine
Newest version from around 2030 Wednesday on US West Coast.

Sorry

• There is currently no access to your account while we upgrade our system. Please visit the information page to find out how this may affect you. We apologise for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience.
Things were working fine a couple of hours ago.
Giving some notice might be a little more professional since this is an upgrade (likely scheduled somewhere)

Oh. I forgot this is BA IT at it's best!
Old Dec 8, 21, 9:42 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Icelandair, IHG Diamond Elite, Hertz 5*
Trying to log-on this evening and getting,”

Sorry

• There is currently no access to your account while we upgrade our system. Please visit the information page to find out how this may affect you. We apologise for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience.

Find out more
so I duly click ‘more’ and get,”

Page not found

We are sorry we couldn't find the page you were looking for.

This page will automatically return to ba.com.

Old Dec 8, 21, 11:06 pm

Programs: BA Gold, BMI, ANA, HH Blue, SPG Gold
I cancelled a 2-4-1 over a week ago and I’ve had the miles re-credited, but not the companion voucher.

Last month I flew LHR-DFW-MCO and MIA-LHR i’ve had the miles and TP’s for transatlantic sectors but not the DFW-MCO
Old Dec 8, 21, 11:34 pm

Programs: BA Silver
How are people seeing their transaction history?

Mine has never returned to the app
Old Dec 9, 21, 3:13 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by allturnleft View Post
How are people seeing their transaction history?

Mine has never returned to the app
Mine works on Android. There's not much there apart from Amex card transfers though
Old Dec 9, 21, 4:26 am

Having just got my missing avios for recent RJ flights (140 vs new award rate at 80, corrected because when I booked it was 140), I am now awaiting avios for connecting flights from Manchester. Given they were BA metal (RJ ticket) I was not expecting to chase, but not posted 4 weeks after flown (flights occurred during the IT self-inflicted meltdown). I tried to claim on BA missing avios but can't because it is an RJ ticket.
it won't let me claim RJ missing avios online and wants me to FAX the flight details and boarding pass. No email option at all. I'm not on the phone, what a waste of time.
Who the heck has any easy access to fax these days.
It is almost as if BA want missing avios and tier points to go unclaimed by making it as damn hard as possible....
my loyalty is really starting to wear very thin....
Old Dec 9, 21, 4:44 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Originally Posted by GBOAC View Post
Having just got my missing avios for recent RJ flights (140 vs new award rate at 80, corrected because when I booked it was 140), I am now awaiting avios for connecting flights from Manchester. Given they were BA metal (RJ ticket) I was not expecting to chase, but not posted 4 weeks after flown (flights occurred during the IT self-inflicted meltdown). I tried to claim on BA missing avios but can't because it is an RJ ticket.
it won't let me claim RJ missing avios online and wants me to FAX the flight details and boarding pass. No email option at all. I'm not on the phone, what a waste of time.
Who the heck has any easy access to fax these days.
It is almost as if BA want missing avios and tier points to go unclaimed by making it as damn hard as possible....
my loyalty is really starting to wear very thin....
I'm not seeing BA flights credit in the normal 48 working hours after arrival. Amex is crediting as is barclays. Had to get manual intervention after a week but mrs firstlights are crediting ok after 2-3 days. I suspect a linkage between the exec account and the flight system has broken for some exec members. So although the exec number and the number you have on your booking look the same, the underlying token has changed in the move and the automatic transfer of flight avios/tps just disappear down a black hole

edit - return flight posted automatically after 4 days although outbound didn't. Hopefully things are improving...

Last edited by firstlight; Dec 10, 21 at 3:19 am
Old Dec 9, 21, 1:45 pm

Twitter support apologized today and told me booking AA flights should be available now.

It wasn't.

Maybe they're quasi-acknowledging a problem..
Old Dec 9, 21, 7:23 pm

Programs: Delta 1MM/PM, BAEC GGL, Asiana Diamond Plus(Lifetime), AC *Tangerine
Almost all of my normal functionality was back this morning.
Haven't been able to get to the Avios calculator once I'm logged in, still there if I'm not. I guess I'm supposed to be surprised that something simple like the Executive Club tab can't be pulled up when you're logged in.
Is BA trying to compete with DL for IT incompetence?
Old Dec 10, 21, 10:06 am

Help!

I’ve been trying to log into my account for weeks now, and the website never recognizes the username/ password combination. So I tried several times to reset the password. The next page comes up and assures me that an email has been sent. No email comes. After going around in circles several times (also tried the fake booking workaround) I tried calling the US customer service number. The first time I was on hold for 35 minutes, then disconnected. Currently on hold again…. Is there an email address, or any other way to get in touch? I haven’t been very active with my account in the last couple of years, no status at all, and my Avios will be expiring in a little over a month….
Old Dec 10, 21, 10:56 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Tried to change a booking online and cancel another booking to an FTV this afternoon. In both cases, ba.com told me I couldn't do it online because these were travel agent bookings. Except, they weren't they were both "bog-standard" multi-city (open jaws) flights booked on ba.com a few weeks ago. The agent I called to do it for me was just bemused and said "I know, things are a little screwed up right now".
Old Dec 10, 21, 11:53 am

Programs: Avios, Aeroplan
My end of month BA Amex avoid points are showing as a transaction on my profile, but haven't been added to the total balance. Is this just me? I hadn't seen mention of it anywhere, but it was a particularly big month so it's obviously not showing. Just wondering if something else maybe has gone wrong?
Old Dec 10, 21, 11:58 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Originally Posted by SMcV View Post
My end of month BA Amex avoid points are showing as a transaction on my profile, but haven't been added to the total balance. Is this just me? I hadn't seen mention of it anywhere, but it was a particularly big month so it's obviously not showing. Just wondering if something else maybe has gone wrong?
give it time, updates to totals seem to happen about 9am. BA's economy drive requires them to use steam powered computers which occasionally need an extra dose of Jet A1 in the boiler to make the adding up work.
Old Dec 10, 21, 9:52 pm

Originally Posted by horseymen View Post
Twitter support apologized today and told me booking AA flights should be available now.

It wasn't.

Maybe they're quasi-acknowledging a problem..
Just booked my first AA award flight in a gazillion days with avios. Phx to Lihue.
Markie, Geordie405 and accrue450 like this.

Search this Thread