Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

13Nov pm - 17Nov am : BAEC account maintenance - cannot login or spend Avios

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 17, 2021, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
BUGS
1. Promotion to Gold Guest List (Markie)
2. More Gold Upgrades for 2 than there should be (Markie)
3. Flight details have same date for posting as for flight (Markie)
4. American Airline reward flights do not show and cannot be booked online(not sure if they can be booked by phone)
5. Combining avios points with IB is not possible. (alexphj)
6. TP collection year end on landing page shows card expiry date (i.e. end of following month). Correct under 'My Account' sub-menu. (NWIFlyer)
7. No household account although underlying data appears to still be there (many)
8. language set to english (german not available) (Nephoi)
9. AA Business R class domestic flight shows as Economy(R), but properly credits Avios+TP (El_Duderito)
10. Booking reference doesn’t display for partner flights eve though the tag is there (MaxFlyer)
11. Adding/editing contact phone number (for pax and/or additional contact) to 'Australia (+61)' once saved becomes 'Christmas Island (+61)'. (paulieuk)
12. Unable to logon using username - have to use BAEC number instead. (bakera)

'FEATURES'
1. Bronze/Silver/Gold members have some text formatted in Bronze/Silver/Gold text as applicable. Consensus seems to be that it's pretty, but hard to see…

ENHANCEMENTS
1. Additional detail of flights on Front Page (Markie)
2. Scroll back of transactions goes to October 2018 (Markie)
3. Household account redemptions appear differently, with pro-rate Avios transferred from other members into the head of HHA/redeeming member's account, then the total deducted. (sunshinebob) https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33741742-post407.html
Print Wikipost

13Nov pm - 17Nov am : BAEC account maintenance - cannot login or spend Avios

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2021, 11:31 am

Programs: Northwest Plat
what the hell of this airlines' IT ??????
There are still so many critical defects and missing features after several weeks deployment?????
Most of functional bugs listed on the first page are not resolved at all?
Only enhanced very little features on colors and css only???

I am extremely frustrated
LETTERBOY and palmanfr like this.

Last edited by alexphj; Dec 4, 2021 at 11:40 am
Old Dec 4, 2021, 1:34 pm

Programs: BA GGL, AA PLT, VS-curious
My advanced passenger information section has been cleared out of all info but my birthday and gender. When I try to fix it I get the "you're already logged in with a different account" message. I wonder why it kept those two inputs but not the rest.
markzz2 likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2021, 4:17 pm

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Titanium Lifetime/UA/JetBlue
Originally Posted by Arsey00
My advanced passenger information section has been cleared out of all info but my birthday and gender. When I try to fix it I get the "you're already logged in with a different account" message. I wonder why it kept those two inputs but not the rest.
Had the same thing today...... cannot change any details. Had to call and have a very long drawn out conversation with (thankfully) a very helpful man who had to manually enter all the details in for me...... said they are having a "few issues". BA IT just seems to get worse! It really seems that nobody checks these things before they are implemented. Very poor
Old Dec 5, 2021, 4:03 am

BA just dont care about their IT. My household account is still broken, app broken, nobody answers the phone. Just a joke and I cant get anything fixed.
scoonee likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 7:50 am

I called in before I found this thread, and was really confused because I could see availability on ExpertFlyer and American, but zero days had availability on the BA site. The rep acted as if nothing was going on. Totally normal. That Twitter thread is absurd. Just pretending nothing is wrong. Haven't dealt with BA much in the past, but my God.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 8:16 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
Originally Posted by Arsey00
I can log into both the app and the website, and features that were missing yesterday have returned, mostly to do with HH account and Family and Friends.
How much functionality have you actually got?

I appear to have a HHA, and the balance looks plausible.

If I go in through the big 'View more account information' dropdown in the middle and then 'Manage my Household Account', I can see the other HHA member.

If I go via the blue menu dropdown on the left, 'Manage my account' and then 'My HHA' or 'My Family and Friends' (and several other sub topics), I get an 'Invalid Frequent Flyer Status' message?!
Arsey00 likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 8:28 am

Programs: BA GGL, AA PLT, VS-curious
Originally Posted by vintagepilot
How much functionality have you actually got?

I appear to have a HHA, and the balance looks plausible.

If I go in through the big 'View more account information' dropdown in the middle and then 'Manage my Household Account', I can see the other HHA member.

If I go via the blue menu dropdown on the left, 'Manage my account' and then 'My HHA' or 'My Family and Friends' (and several other sub topics), I get an 'Invalid Frequent Flyer Status' message?!
That optimistic comment was from a couple of days ago, since then I've also lost, then gained, then lost again, functionality.

Prior to it working again, I was getting that same message. The HH list came back the next day with the screen looking as it should, but most of my API had vanished. It looks to me like they’re trying to tweak in sections now rather than whatever they were trying to do all at once that failed so badly.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
🎄 ☃️

Has nobody considered that this is possibly going to be Mr. Doyle’s Christmas Present to us all … with functionality restored on Christmas Eve with new home page decorated with Holly and Robins (obscuring the ‘Continue’ buttons).
Arsey00 likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by T8191
Has nobody considered that this is possibly going to be Mr. Doyle’s Christmas Present to us all … with functionality restored on Christmas Eve with new home page decorated with Holly and Robins (obscuring the ‘Continue’ buttons).
And in other news rainbows and unicorns are promised for Christmas, lol
T8191 likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 1:56 pm

Programs: BAEC and Hilton mostly
Long thread, so apologies if already reported - check in today (W10/ Chrome) - all worked fine until clicking the 'check in' button. Then a page displayed, but all opaque, with no ability to click anything. Went back and tried the old MMB version - same thing.

Fired up Edge and logged in, and when clicking 'check in' got an 'accept cookies' overlay, which when clicked allowed me to see what was opaque before. Is this me, or BA IT
Arsey00 likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 2:06 pm

Programs: some blue some silver some gold
Can’t access Household account - invalid frequent flyer, apparently .
Tried to book two Avios flights. Error at last stage both times. Checked Manage My Booking and both are there, using same companion voucher, Avios and cash debited twice, two identical reservations.
BA cancelled my flight so I need to manually claim the seat selection fee refund within 30 days…but form doesn’t work.

When I called they couldn’t even see my account transactions. Hopeless

Last edited by dhoward; Dec 5, 2021 at 2:56 pm
Old Dec 5, 2021, 2:11 pm

Programs: BA Silver
What an absolute dog’s breakfast it is.
I’ve booked a companion voucher ticket, travelling tomorrow and I’ve lost track of the number of times I’ve logged in and inputted the API, only for it to tell me the next time I log in that some API is missing.
It decided my companion’s email address should be the main contact one for any changes and them when I finally got it to recognise my email address should be used for that, it now sends the emails to that address but they are addressed to my companion despite the fact I booked the tickets using my miles and voucher!
I won’t start on the manage my booking page in iOS on a phone in portrait mode……
Old Dec 5, 2021, 5:59 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Centurion
Trying to submit a "missing Avios" claim for an involuntary downgrade from Club Europe to Aer Lingus a couple of months back. When I type in the 125 ticket number, it just tells me it's not valid, but of course it is. Is this a common problem / does it predate the IT issues? I assume the only other way to claim is to call them as they don't seem to have email addresses?
Old Dec 5, 2021, 10:43 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
3-4 days now of not being able to do anything on the app.
"Unable to update data" and stuck in 1970.

Occasionally on the desktop site, when I exit a booking, it logs me out.

E-Store still doesn't work on my phone, but will on a desktop if I close and reopen the browser page after a failed log in.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 6:30 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Just now I have tried to access my account and I can't logon on the web and the app won't calculate a fare???? Website has alternating messages that sorry we are upgrading the system or sorry we don't recognise your username or password. Can anyone cast any light on this, I thought the "upgrades" had finished. I want to book a cash fare, I haven't the time to call for this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.