Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

13Nov pm - 17Nov am : BAEC account maintenance - cannot login or spend Avios

Old Nov 17, 2021, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
BUGS
1. Promotion to Gold Guest List (Markie)
2. More Gold Upgrades for 2 than there should be (Markie)
3. Flight details have same date for posting as for flight (Markie)
4. American Airline reward flights do not show and cannot be booked online(not sure if they can be booked by phone)
5. Combining avios points with IB is not possible. (alexphj)
6. TP collection year end on landing page shows card expiry date (i.e. end of following month). Correct under 'My Account' sub-menu. (NWIFlyer)
7. No household account although underlying data appears to still be there (many)
8. language set to english (german not available) (Nephoi)
9. AA Business R class domestic flight shows as Economy(R), but properly credits Avios+TP (El_Duderito)
10. Booking reference doesn’t display for partner flights eve though the tag is there (MaxFlyer)
11. Adding/editing contact phone number (for pax and/or additional contact) to 'Australia (+61)' once saved becomes 'Christmas Island (+61)'. (paulieuk)
12. Unable to logon using username - have to use BAEC number instead. (bakera)

'FEATURES'
1. Bronze/Silver/Gold members have some text formatted in Bronze/Silver/Gold text as applicable. Consensus seems to be that it's pretty, but hard to see…

ENHANCEMENTS
1. Additional detail of flights on Front Page (Markie)
2. Scroll back of transactions goes to October 2018 (Markie)
3. Household account redemptions appear differently, with pro-rate Avios transferred from other members into the head of HHA/redeeming member's account, then the total deducted. (sunshinebob) https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33741742-post407.html
Print Wikipost

13Nov pm - 17Nov am : BAEC account maintenance - cannot login or spend Avios

Old Dec 2, 2021, 4:09 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Urgh. Managed to make a booking on ba.com for an IB flight. When trying to book the return leg on a BA flight, I get this, despite AMEX telling me my card has been charged.

Old Dec 2, 2021, 4:11 am

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by memorex
I'm in a HHA so can't transfer avios to Iberia from BA
I believe it was the opposite, that is you cannot transfer just from IB to BA.
Anyway, you can setup an avios.com account (through Aer Lingus) and transfer via that.

PS I always transfer just 1 avios first, to make sure everything works. It's quite frustrating to chase 100000 avios missing when I need to book something ASAP.
Old Dec 2, 2021, 4:40 am

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold
I have not been able to log in for a while now on the app . Sent a query about it to BA and they have just answered saying that they are aware that there are still a number of issues ……… I did tongue in cheek ask them given all this down time what are the huge improvements that I can expect to see and did not get an answer to this bit ….
T8191 and Arsey00 like this.
Old Dec 2, 2021, 5:02 am

Programs: BA GGL, AA PLT, VS-curious
I can log into both the app and the website, and features that were missing yesterday have returned, mostly to do with HH account and Family and Friends. Flights from Saturday and Tuesday haven't credited but flights from the week before have. Some flights that were cancelled earlier in the year appear in the "My Bookings" section of the app, but not on the website. I haven't tried to book anything yet.

And if i'm not mistaken, my seat number font in the app is now two points larger.
Old Dec 2, 2021, 5:46 am

Programs: BA Exec Club
BA App Login

Originally Posted by marks7389
Anyone else still having problems logging into the BA app?

"Sorry, we are unable to log you in. Please try again. If the problem persists visit ba.com"

Website login is fine, but the app has refused to log me in for at least 24 hours.
Originally Posted by FamilyOf6
Yes... having exactly the same.
I think I worked it out. Vaguely recalled seeing something on HFP about passwords including an &, which mine did. Changed the password to one that didn't, and I can now login from the app....
Old Dec 2, 2021, 6:06 am

Programs: BA Exec Club
I'm in a HHA so can't transfer avios to Iberia from BA
Can you not transfer via an account on avios.com, e.g. AerClub? That's worked for me in the past, no no idea if that's been impacted by the IT changes....
Old Dec 2, 2021, 11:28 am

You'll be pleased to know we're all wrong about the AA availability on BA, if you look at this twitter thread:
https://twitter.com/British_Airways/...68612550299650

As you can see, when sAAver availability is available on aa.com, when T class is available on ExpertFlyer, when the same flight is available on IB... well you must be looking at commercial availability, and/or the availability differs between BA/IB!

Very frustrating that they won't even admit there is a problem.
I think the key question is bet them they can't find ONE available AA award available anywhere on the website, and if you're wrong, just simply ask them to provide one example
skippythelizard, o2bmmw and vbzf like this.
Old Dec 2, 2021, 1:23 pm

I think I hit another bug / feature of the upgrade / migration: the option 'Save up to XXX with Avios' disappears from the booking screen when you try to create an itinerary including another carrier.

Example 1 AMS - LHR: options on the 'Review your flights' page include Voucher and Avios
Example 2 AMS - LHR - ORD (all BA flights):
options on the 'Review your flights' page include Voucher and Avios
Example 3 AMS - LHR - ORD - ABC (last leg with AA): the only option on the 'Review your flights' page is Voucher, no possibility to use Avios.

Anyone else noticed this problem?
Old Dec 2, 2021, 2:34 pm

Programs: UA *G, BA Silver
Originally Posted by KARFA
that's certainly something which does need more immediate attention. if you are stuck trying to speak to someone it is possible a PM to BAMissingAvios on here could help.
Just to let folks that know that I had a lovely response from BA Customer Service saying (amongst other things) "Thank you for getting in touch with us via Flyertalk about your recent flight with us. Please accept my apologies for the delay in my reply." and going on to say that due to the BAEC maintenance they couldn't cancel out the erroneous credit to BAEC, but that they had already gone ahead and spoken to AA and arranged the credit of the correct EQDs.

So, many thanks to BAMissingAvios and it is interesting to have the same flight posting in two loyalty programs at the same time - even if one os for 0 TPs and 0 Avios
Old Dec 2, 2021, 2:37 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
My first flights post outage were on Sunday (BA domestic), only just posted this afternoon.
Old Dec 2, 2021, 3:25 pm

Here we go again. Trying to book a reward to night with an Amex voucher, my partner has the 'wrong' passenger sex/gender assigned on page 2 of the booking process and I can't change it. Never happened before - it used to be the other passenger details sex/gender assigned to this profile and now I cannot book/bypass/change this.

Did this happen to anyone before? Should I call the Exec club? These bugs/issues start to be really annoying now.
Old Dec 3, 2021, 1:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Anyone else this morning? (on desktop site)

Sorry

• There is currently no access to your account while we upgrade our system. Please visit the information page to find out how this may affect you. We apologise for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience.

Find out more.
Old Dec 3, 2021, 3:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Yes, same here (Mac/Safari)

But, curiously, my wife's account is fine!

Weirdly, she also has this transaction showing ... what's that? We've never done an RFS in our lives!
Old Dec 3, 2021, 3:34 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
Originally Posted by T8191
Weirdly, she also has this transaction showing ... what's that?
Maybe a freebie to keep her points alive - although it sounds like you have other activity which would do that, but maybe she hasn't?

More here: Mystery 1 Avios
Old Dec 3, 2021, 3:53 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Frequent Flyer
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
I'm getting the same message. Managed to log in eventually, tried to book an Avios flighs, got to the payment page and then got a "sorry there is a technical error", which logged me out of my account. I'll try the app to see whether that works...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.