Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

13Nov pm - 17Nov am : BAEC account maintenance - cannot login or spend Avios

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 17, 2021, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
BUGS
1. Promotion to Gold Guest List (Markie)
2. More Gold Upgrades for 2 than there should be (Markie)
3. Flight details have same date for posting as for flight (Markie)
4. American Airline reward flights do not show and cannot be booked online(not sure if they can be booked by phone)
5. Combining avios points with IB is not possible. (alexphj)
6. TP collection year end on landing page shows card expiry date (i.e. end of following month). Correct under 'My Account' sub-menu. (NWIFlyer)
7. No household account although underlying data appears to still be there (many)
8. language set to english (german not available) (Nephoi)
9. AA Business R class domestic flight shows as Economy(R), but properly credits Avios+TP (El_Duderito)
10. Booking reference doesn’t display for partner flights eve though the tag is there (MaxFlyer)
11. Adding/editing contact phone number (for pax and/or additional contact) to 'Australia (+61)' once saved becomes 'Christmas Island (+61)'. (paulieuk)
12. Unable to logon using username - have to use BAEC number instead. (bakera)

'FEATURES'
1. Bronze/Silver/Gold members have some text formatted in Bronze/Silver/Gold text as applicable. Consensus seems to be that it's pretty, but hard to see…

ENHANCEMENTS
1. Additional detail of flights on Front Page (Markie)
2. Scroll back of transactions goes to October 2018 (Markie)
3. Household account redemptions appear differently, with pro-rate Avios transferred from other members into the head of HHA/redeeming member's account, then the total deducted. (sunshinebob) https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33741742-post407.html
Print Wikipost

13Nov pm - 17Nov am : BAEC account maintenance - cannot login or spend Avios

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2021, 2:45 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by cheshirepete
I’ve worked on many IT migration projects. I just fundamentally don’t get why any technical migration would mean a system used by millions of people was offline for 4 - 5 days. I’d love to see the internal project plan and reasoning for how they’ve gone about this! Also why is it only BAEC can’t access anything when other member carriers have plodded on as usual.
I think the answer was mentioned upthrewd with fare class mapping.. if a J class booking normally uses K class then BA will have mapped this to say B class availability and the partner carriers can book J redemptions whilst B class is available.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 2:46 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
Yep. I expect that they chose to remove access to make changes to give themselves time to ensure that every transaction up to the point where access was removed is reflected in the new database. Otherwise they would be running deltas into a rapidly changing live environment which is possible but can be an absolute creator of data spaghetti if not planned properly.

My last data migration of only just over 4 million records took 4 months of planning and execution. We were only down for 7 hours in the end though.
Yes, we've discussed this before regarding the Household Account changes. It seems an excessive outage and poor planning. Most businesses would not put up with that but BAEC is not the core business in as much as they can still sell and operate flights. Let's hope after all this time they haven't introduced a whole load of new bugs.
ThatT1Feeling likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 2:56 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by Ladyfliestheredwhiteandblues
Yes, we've discussed this before regarding the Household Account changes. It seems an excessive outage and poor planning. Most businesses would not put up with that but BAEC is not the core business in as much as they can still sell and operate flights. Let's hope after all this time they haven't introduced a whole load of new bugs.
Well let's not be too hasty... I've tried pricing a few flights in the app this morning and every one comes up with an error message when I have selected both legs...
Old Nov 17, 2021, 4:03 am

Programs: BAEC blue dust
What I find quite annoying is that the BA shopping portal is also out of action, a month before Xmas is possibly not the best timing. I've held off ordering before they took things offline because I didn't fancy having to chase points up if (when) things go wrong
ttama and rbgb like this.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 4:23 am

Programs: BA Gold
I have things to book, not desperate, but there's no way I'm booking until I'm as sure as can be that it will relatively hassle free. 2 or 3 days of stability would be what I would consider my tipping point. My travel is always my own money and not a company department, so I'm maybe a little more sensitive.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 4:53 am

We can only speculate here, but BA's situatuation is probably just as complex as many other Legacy business that have been around for decades, forced into silos of systems containing data and business processes. I.e. there will likely be a ton of API's (integrations) sitting between the silos. As soon as you make changes to one silo/3rd party system, the corresponding API might need an update to not break the integration. Within all this you have a core critical system that they cannot exist without; Amadeus. BAEC sits in it's own silo, but likely speaks to a whole bunch of other silos, including Amadeus.

Yeah, you get the point It will be a feat if they manage to get this up and running without major hiccups and data loss.
ttama likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 4:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Was now told "hopefully back this afternoon"
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 4:55 am

Originally Posted by orbitmic
"hopfully" in this context means NFI
Old Nov 17, 2021, 5:03 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by orbitmic
I've had this sound in my ear for a while now...

Lawro and AirbusA350 like this.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 5:15 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
All I know is that if I can't grant Master Bisonrav his gold card before he flies to the US tomorrow, there is going to be TROUBLE.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 5:36 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Well I am surprised that this is taking longer than planned. However, I am sure when it is back up everything will be running perfect with no problems at all.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 5:39 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by KARFA
Well I am surprised that this is taking longer than planned. However, I am sure when it is back up everything will be running perfect with no problems at all.
Am sure it will be - but have to say not surprised in the least it didn't come online at the stated time!
KARFA likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 5:42 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Originally Posted by KARFA
ha ha you missed out the <irony> and </irony> start and end tags there!
Old Nov 17, 2021, 5:42 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Perhaps I did need a wink emoji in my post after all to make the sarcasm super clear
Old Nov 17, 2021, 5:43 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
I hope the powers that be have put some money behind a suitable bar this evening for the IT bods who have had to do this. I suspect they might be getting pretty stressed around about now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.