Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

13Nov pm - 17Nov am : BAEC account maintenance - cannot login or spend Avios

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 17, 2021, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
BUGS
1. Promotion to Gold Guest List (Markie)
2. More Gold Upgrades for 2 than there should be (Markie)
3. Flight details have same date for posting as for flight (Markie)
4. American Airline reward flights do not show and cannot be booked online(not sure if they can be booked by phone)
5. Combining avios points with IB is not possible. (alexphj)
6. TP collection year end on landing page shows card expiry date (i.e. end of following month). Correct under 'My Account' sub-menu. (NWIFlyer)
7. No household account although underlying data appears to still be there (many)
8. language set to english (german not available) (Nephoi)
9. AA Business R class domestic flight shows as Economy(R), but properly credits Avios+TP (El_Duderito)
10. Booking reference doesn’t display for partner flights eve though the tag is there (MaxFlyer)
11. Adding/editing contact phone number (for pax and/or additional contact) to 'Australia (+61)' once saved becomes 'Christmas Island (+61)'. (paulieuk)
12. Unable to logon using username - have to use BAEC number instead. (bakera)

'FEATURES'
1. Bronze/Silver/Gold members have some text formatted in Bronze/Silver/Gold text as applicable. Consensus seems to be that it's pretty, but hard to see…

ENHANCEMENTS
1. Additional detail of flights on Front Page (Markie)
2. Scroll back of transactions goes to October 2018 (Markie)
3. Household account redemptions appear differently, with pro-rate Avios transferred from other members into the head of HHA/redeeming member's account, then the total deducted. (sunshinebob) https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33741742-post407.html
Print Wikipost

13Nov pm - 17Nov am : BAEC account maintenance - cannot login or spend Avios

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2021, 8:06 pm

Programs: Plat Pro AAdvantage, but defected to BAEC
Originally Posted by KARFA
interesting

so other airlines can still see, book, and cancel reward seats on ba, but ba customers and ba agents can't
7PM here on the left coast and I was just able to use AA miles to book an ALC-MAD-LHR-GLA and return for early Dec. IB wanted $1,100 US for an itinerary all in Y, so J all the way in a mix of IB/BA metal for 45K miles and $200 in taxes and fees works for me, even though I have to overnight in MAD both ways.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 12:39 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de Actes Bénéfiques pour les Autres, BAEC Gold.
Originally Posted by Enigma368
I was told on the phone by a BAEC agent that they had received word it would be back up by 7.30am UK time (11.30pm PST / 2.30am EST)
Well, post 7.30am GMT and it is still down, albeit the BAEC log in screen has changed to the following:

londonba2014 likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 12:47 am
A13

Programs: BA Silver
Still down at 07:47
Old Nov 17, 2021, 12:53 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by golfmad
I think you have that back to front
It's 11:59am on the 17th in Wake Island in about 50 minutes from now.
Doh... is it too late for me to tough it out and pretend I was being optimistic
golfmad likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 12:55 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier des Internautes Amables; BAEC
Shall we open a book to see how long it takes for the system to collapse with all the pent up redemption bookings demand?
Old Nov 17, 2021, 12:57 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by TheJayHatch
Shall we open a book to see how long it takes for the system to collapse with all the pent up redemption bookings demand?
I'd say it's the phones that will be the real disaster, but as you can't get through anyway... meh, no changes there...
Old Nov 17, 2021, 1:06 am

Programs: BA - Bronze , IHG - Spire Ambassador, Hilton - Diamond
While I still can't log in, on Monday when I looked at an upcoming booking via mangage my booking it told me I was earning no avois or TPs and now those are showing again as being earned so that's something! Sadly they remembered to mark reward flights as non earning on the new platform so not getting some bonus TPs from my reward flight I have booked.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 1:21 am

The lack of service return at 0730 shouldn't really be a surprise based on previous performance of BA IT.

I wonder how many latent or new issues will appear over the coming days? Might be a bumpy bumpy ride.

I'm sure the people working tirelessly on the change are doing their absolute best but they do need the organisational support (and funding) in order to perform as they would like.

I hope this is just a minor glitch/delay rather than something more serious.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 1:44 am

Programs: BA, Accor, Hilton, ITA
I’ve worked on many IT migration projects. I just fundamentally don’t get why any technical migration would mean a system used by millions of people was offline for 4 - 5 days. I’d love to see the internal project plan and reasoning for how they’ve gone about this! Also why is it only BAEC can’t access anything when other member carriers have plodded on as usual.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 1:51 am

The big question is: what improvement or changes might we expect for such a long and (presumably) significant overhaul?
Old Nov 17, 2021, 1:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by Flyer26
The big question is: what improvement or changes might we expect for such a long and (presumably) significant overhaul?
None. Just moving your data from one system to another.

Medium term, one Avios balance used across all IAG airlines.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 2:07 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by Raffles
None. Just moving your data from one system to another.
We'll see. It's actually quite a feat in IT engineering to move stuff from one system to another and keep everything the same as it was.
ThatT1Feeling and Petrus like this.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 2:09 am

Programs: BAEC GGL & CCR
Originally Posted by BarneyMcGrew
Well, post 7.30am GMT and it is still down, albeit the BAEC log in screen has changed to the following:

Has it changed? I have been seeing this message when I attempt to login since Saturday morning.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 2:24 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
We'll see. It's actually quite a feat in IT engineering to move stuff from one system to another and keep everything the same as it was.
Yep. I expect that they chose to remove access to make changes to give themselves time to ensure that every transaction up to the point where access was removed is reflected in the new database. Otherwise they would be running deltas into a rapidly changing live environment which is possible but can be an absolute creator of data spaghetti if not planned properly.

My last data migration of only just over 4 million records took 4 months of planning and execution. We were only down for 7 hours in the end though.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 2:28 am

Programs: BA Gold (Emerald); Hilton Gold; IHG Platinum; Marriott Gold; Radisson Gold
When I spoke to the Gold line at around 0720 this morning, they said they'd been told to expect it to be 1200 now (originally they'd been told 0600).

I'm trying to get two reservations on QantasLink flights ticketed before QF auto-cancels them, and that's since Saturday morning when the booking went to fares/ticketing because I queried the ridiculous quote in both Avios and taxes the original agent gave me. The request to contact them came on Sunday, but of course can't be ticketed until the system comes back....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.