Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

13Nov pm - 17Nov am : BAEC account maintenance - cannot login or spend Avios

13Nov pm - 17Nov am : BAEC account maintenance - cannot login or spend Avios

Hide Wikipost
Old Jan 15, 22, 5:16 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Prospero
Wiki Link
BUGS
1. Promotion to Gold Guest List (Markie)
2. More Gold Upgrades for 2 than there should be (Markie)
3. Flight details have same date for posting as for flight (Markie)
4. American Airline reward flights do not show and cannot be booked online(not sure if they can be booked by phone)
5. Combining avios points with IB is not possible. (alexphj)
6. TP collection year end on landing page shows card expiry date (i.e. end of following month). Correct under 'My Account' sub-menu. (NWIFlyer)
7. No household account although underlying data appears to still be there (many)
8. language set to english (german not available) (Nephoi)
9. AA Business R class domestic flight shows as Economy(R), but properly credits Avios+TP (El_Duderito)
10. Booking reference doesn’t display for partner flights eve though the tag is there (MaxFlyer)
11. Adding/editing contact phone number (for pax and/or additional contact) to 'Australia (+61)' once saved becomes 'Christmas Island (+61)'. (paulieuk)
12. Unable to logon using username - have to use BAEC number instead. (bakera)

'FEATURES'
1. Bronze/Silver/Gold members have some text formatted in Bronze/Silver/Gold text as applicable. Consensus seems to be that it's pretty, but hard to see…

ENHANCEMENTS
1. Additional detail of flights on Front Page (Markie)
2. Scroll back of transactions goes to October 2018 (Markie)
3. Household account redemptions appear differently, with pro-rate Avios transferred from other members into the head of HHA/redeeming member's account, then the total deducted. (sunshinebob) https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33741742-post407.html
Print Wikipost

Old Nov 22, 21, 2:40 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Nandos
Originally Posted by crazyanglaisy View Post
A frustrating evening. I booked an avios redemption through the "back door" route that has been well described in this thread, got to the check in desks at Heathrow only to find out that they had no record of me being booked on the flight. When I showed my booking on the app, complete with what was apparently a valid ticket number, they were stumped. It finally got resolved after a few behind the scenes phone calls, and an apology blaming the system, but goodness me that was a bit close for comfort...
Glad it worked out but that's a bit scary! Did they give any reason why this happened?
Old Nov 22, 21, 2:41 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
This thread has gotten a bit mundane. Please tell us why ...
Folks,

Just a reminder that the primary purpose of the thread is to keep everyone updated with (lack of) progress of the outage and the various resulting bugs and issues it is causing. Please bear this mind before going too far off-piste.

Thanks for your your co-operation.
The moderator team
Nephoi likes this.
Old Nov 22, 21, 3:00 am

A slightly quicker route in on the website appears to be hovering over 'Manage' on the homepage, which gives an option 'Log in to my Executive Club'. That option takes you to a page which allows me to login with my recently changed password. Here is a direct link:
https://www.britishairways.com/trave...club/_gf/en_gb

I have no idea why they would leave these routes open but not the main page.
Old Nov 22, 21, 3:00 am

Programs: BA Blue. 19300 Lifetime TPs
AMEX-earned Avios

Post like clockwork every 16th.
Nothing yet for November.
Anyone else? Will give it a few days.
Old Nov 22, 21, 3:03 am

The fact there are so many ways to login shows what a mountain they have to climb. How can so many different route lead to the same page and have different access controls? Jeepers. Seems like workaround upon workaround has been heaped onto the system.
Old Nov 22, 21, 3:17 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK Elite
Originally Posted by fraisse10 View Post
Same, also flight credits from recent days missing.
Old Nov 22, 21, 3:46 am

Programs: BA - Silver, Hilton - Diamond, Marriott - Silver
Cool UI designers......grrrr

The biggest problem I see BA (and others.... Hilton as an example) - is that they are trying to have a "look and feel" completely consistent across all modes - Phone/Tablet/Website. This is all kinds of wrong - at least in the way they are doing it.

As pointed out above HUGE amounts of data transfer for web based forms, just arent good....but this is the price that is being paid for web designers that are more interested in writing Apps than they are websites (an app can have all the UI components already downloaded and inside it, so, only the data needs to be transferred - web pages however, need EVERYTHING downloaded....).

Why do brands want to break things this badly to make it "look" exactly the same - also, making things useful for mouse and keyboard is completely different to making things useful for fingers.....

What you need is something that is customised to a web experience AND customised to an app experience - you cannot successfully do both and have everything exactly the same.

....just my pennies worth...
Old Nov 22, 21, 3:54 am

Originally Posted by sunguy View Post
....just my pennies worth...
It's a shame BA's IT budget isn't able to cover that.
wrp96 likes this.
Old Nov 22, 21, 3:57 am

Originally Posted by NandoDave View Post
A slightly quicker route in on the website appears to be hovering over 'Manage' on the homepage, which gives an option 'Log in to my Executive Club'. That option takes you to a page which allows me to login with my recently changed password. Here is a direct link:
https://www.britishairways.com/trave...club/_gf/en_gb
Thank you very much for this advice. Together with my altered password omitting the '&' this allowed me to login on the website successfully.
Old Nov 22, 21, 3:57 am

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
Anyone having success with Combine My Avios, or this is too much to ask at the moment?
Old Nov 22, 21, 3:58 am

Originally Posted by fraisse10 View Post
I have my November amex avios posted, but neither avios or tier points from flights on 12th and 15th Nov

Correction: overnight it's changed(!) Amex avios from November have disappeared, but flights avios and TPs have appeared
Old Nov 22, 21, 4:02 am

Is it right that this is nearly a week old this problem? Unbelievable. Just when I need process flights for the first time in 14 months.

And is any data stream, comms or ETA's coming from BA to customer or media? How can any organisation in 2021 be down this long with credibility.

The boring bit .... IT is my remit across EMEA-R and whilst just a little smaller than BA (only just) , I can imagine no circumstance that I would have a career after 2 days down let alone a week. Is outrageous.

Appreciate any info as to when the issue might be resolved if that is available.

Thanks
Old Nov 22, 21, 4:32 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GFL, Iberia Plus Platino, Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ttuna3 View Post
I've had access on the App for a couple of days.
Just tried the dummy booking work around and got in on the website.

On both I've had both my BA flights JFK-LHR-JFK (09-16 Nov) credit but the AA positioning flights haven't shown up yet.
App can't handle a Partner Credit Request and when I fill the web form out the Submit button is greyed out and not working.
I would have expected the AA flights on the 8th and 9th to credit since they were well before the blackout but it looks like BA just left them to be worked when the EC system came back to life.

I wonder if they outsourced this to Delta since this looks like a couple of the Sky Pesos updates of the last several years. At least BA hasn't had the regular DL and AA total system meltdowns (yet).
i have exactly the same problem with my Iberia flights. Have 5 flights not showing on BAEC account even though taken over 10 days ago, and no way of claiming them back through my BAEC account (‘Submit’ tag on Claim Missing Avios doesn’t work).
Old Nov 22, 21, 4:32 am

I might have an explanation why the "back door access" is working.

A few years ago I was involved in a major systems upgrade for a very large UK company. It had been well tested and we had a solid timeline. One of the later phases required regenerating the back end code that was used to support the website. The support team could not understand why the regeneration kept halting and restarting, the main logon webpage was disabled....

It turned out the web support team were using a back door to try and login to see if the systems were working yet; every time they did this they killed the regeneration and restarted it. Took a few hours to work this out and tell them to stop, it then progressed to conclusion. We nearly made the main BBC news website that day for the extended down time that was having a major financial impact.

The customer had decided they didn't need a central control or war room. They did for the next upgrade....
Old Nov 22, 21, 5:09 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by TPRun View Post
Glad it worked out but that's a bit scary! Did they give any reason why this happened?
Not really, no. Just that it had got lost in the system somehow. They did acknowledge that there were some major problems behind the scenes, but this particular issue wasn't something they had come across before (thankfully!) I did wonder if something was up when I saw that my seat reservation wasn't showing up on Expert Flyer, despite being on the app. It might have been a lot trickier if the flight had been full!
TPRun likes this.

Search this Thread