Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

13Nov pm - 17Nov am : BAEC account maintenance - cannot login or spend Avios

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 17, 2021, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
BUGS
1. Promotion to Gold Guest List (Markie)
2. More Gold Upgrades for 2 than there should be (Markie)
3. Flight details have same date for posting as for flight (Markie)
4. American Airline reward flights do not show and cannot be booked online(not sure if they can be booked by phone)
5. Combining avios points with IB is not possible. (alexphj)
6. TP collection year end on landing page shows card expiry date (i.e. end of following month). Correct under 'My Account' sub-menu. (NWIFlyer)
7. No household account although underlying data appears to still be there (many)
8. language set to english (german not available) (Nephoi)
9. AA Business R class domestic flight shows as Economy(R), but properly credits Avios+TP (El_Duderito)
10. Booking reference doesn’t display for partner flights eve though the tag is there (MaxFlyer)
11. Adding/editing contact phone number (for pax and/or additional contact) to 'Australia (+61)' once saved becomes 'Christmas Island (+61)'. (paulieuk)
12. Unable to logon using username - have to use BAEC number instead. (bakera)

'FEATURES'
1. Bronze/Silver/Gold members have some text formatted in Bronze/Silver/Gold text as applicable. Consensus seems to be that it's pretty, but hard to see…

ENHANCEMENTS
1. Additional detail of flights on Front Page (Markie)
2. Scroll back of transactions goes to October 2018 (Markie)
3. Household account redemptions appear differently, with pro-rate Avios transferred from other members into the head of HHA/redeeming member's account, then the total deducted. (sunshinebob) https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33741742-post407.html
Print Wikipost

13Nov pm - 17Nov am : BAEC account maintenance - cannot login or spend Avios

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2021, 6:09 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Siobhan Sharpe, Head of Brand, and her team are working hard on an ad campaign that will explain that "less is more" and while BA Executive Club members have always been concerned that their Avios won take them as far as they want to go, the IT team has addressed that concern by making it hard for all but the most diehard hackers to get into their accounts and book Avios awards. Ergo, availability of award flights will go up, and you as the customer have benefited.
Old Nov 21, 2021, 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by Server
The data analysts in BA are definitely going to be puzzled by the rise of unbooked NYC/JFK-LHR itineraries

I've logged in via the backdoor method. Didn't help since the routes and dates I checked don't happen to have any availability
Same here, availability is not populating as it should even once in backdoor.
Old Nov 21, 2021, 7:21 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite
All of my recent flights have now credited, including an AA transcon from 12 Nov and a BA TATL from 16 Nov.
Old Nov 21, 2021, 8:54 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, A3*S, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
It seems like partner (AA) flights flown in the first week of November have been "lost".
I'm also waiting for 6 AA domestic flights to credit, all taken on 11/6.
​​​​​If they don't shop up within the week I'll have to get BAMissingAvios to look into it
Old Nov 21, 2021, 9:03 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by Chiller3333
It seems like partner (AA) flights flown in the first week of November have been "lost".
I'm also waiting for 6 AA domestic flights to credit, all taken on 11/6.
​​​​​If they don't shop up within the week I'll have to get BAMissingAvios to look into it
I've been waiting patiently for 3 AA sectors to show up from 7th November. I will give it another week but I suspect it's going to need a manual prod.
Chiller3333 likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2021, 9:22 pm
Suspended

I flew 3 AS segments on an itinerary BOI-SAN originating November 9th, and returning on November 12th. The nonstop BOI-SAN from November 9th posted on the 11th, right before the current disaster began. My connecting itinerary from the 12th hasn't posted, now 9 days later. In all honesty I was surprised to see the outbound flight post so quickly (after 2 days) with the BAEC, however now at the 9 day point the failure of posting of the return segments is notable. Hopefully this self-corrects in the next day or two, or I'll be emailing them (along with 2 million of my closest friends on this board).
Markie and jonapet89 like this.
Old Nov 21, 2021, 10:16 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by champignon
I flew 3 AS segments on an itinerary BOI-SAN originating November 9th, and returning on November 12th. The nonstop BOI-SAN from November 9th posted on the 11th, right before the current disaster began. My connecting itinerary from the 12th hasn't posted, now 9 days later. In all honesty I was surprised to see the outbound flight post so quickly (after 2 days) with the BAEC, however now at the 9 day point the failure of posting of the return segments is notable. Hopefully this self-corrects in the next day or two, or I'll be emailing them (along with 2 million of my closest friends on this board).
Similar position with 5 AS flights in one day (don't ask), and 4 posting only.
Flights on the 10th haven't posted at all.
Old Nov 21, 2021, 10:25 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Markie
Similar position with 5 AS flights in one day (don't ask), and 4 posting only.
Flights on the 10th haven't posted at all.
This thread has gotten a bit mundane. Please tell us why anyone (other than an AS Pilot or FA) would take 5 AS flights in one day, and did you get 200 TPs out of them?
Old Nov 22, 2021, 12:02 am

Programs: BA Gold (Emerald); Hilton Gold; IHG Platinum; Marriott Gold; Radisson Gold
Got through to Gold line at 0605 and managed to ticket one of my Avios bookings on hold since Saturday 13th. The other, which involved use of a FTV, needs to go to the back office for the additional Avios deduction as the agent couldn't get that to work, and I'm to expect that take "around four days". Now is that four calendar days or four BA days?!

Website log-in is still grey for me though.
Old Nov 22, 2021, 12:47 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
i have for past few days been unablee to add baec number into a booking
Old Nov 22, 2021, 1:54 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
i have for past few days been unablee to add baec number into a booking

Try doing it the other way, log in on the app on your phone and then add the booking to you account, that worked for me on Friday

Edit... Re reading, yes I had to make the booking without my BAEC number and then add it after as above

Last edited by scottishpoet; Nov 22, 2021 at 2:14 am
Old Nov 22, 2021, 2:03 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GFL / Marriott TFL Amb
Realistically when is BAEC going to be up, have i missed an email or communication from BA?
Old Nov 22, 2021, 2:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by anotherpax
Realistically when is BAEC going to be up, have i missed an email or communication from BA?

hi
No idea and you have not missed any communications from BA

Communication had been to say the least poor.
Stay tuned to this thread for developments 🍿

Regards
Tbs
Nephoi likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2021, 2:15 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GFL / Marriott TFL Amb
So as loyal paying customers they cant be bothered / dont want to commit to a firm date.

i have never ever had a company that displays utter contempt to customers, their arrogance is shameful.
Old Nov 22, 2021, 2:19 am

Originally Posted by anotherpax
I had this:

"Here at British Airways we're always looking for ways to enhance our customer experience. Our recent surveys have shown that our Executive Club members have expressed that they would save time if they didn't need to log-in to their Executive Club accounts. Well, you spoke and we've listened! We're pleased to announce that from 13th November 2021 we are removing the log-in functionality from our systems almost entirely."
wrp96, rapidex, Klrduks and 4 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.