Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

13Nov pm - 17Nov am : BAEC account maintenance - cannot login or spend Avios

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 17, 2021, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
BUGS
1. Promotion to Gold Guest List (Markie)
2. More Gold Upgrades for 2 than there should be (Markie)
3. Flight details have same date for posting as for flight (Markie)
4. American Airline reward flights do not show and cannot be booked online(not sure if they can be booked by phone)
5. Combining avios points with IB is not possible. (alexphj)
6. TP collection year end on landing page shows card expiry date (i.e. end of following month). Correct under 'My Account' sub-menu. (NWIFlyer)
7. No household account although underlying data appears to still be there (many)
8. language set to english (german not available) (Nephoi)
9. AA Business R class domestic flight shows as Economy(R), but properly credits Avios+TP (El_Duderito)
10. Booking reference doesn’t display for partner flights eve though the tag is there (MaxFlyer)
11. Adding/editing contact phone number (for pax and/or additional contact) to 'Australia (+61)' once saved becomes 'Christmas Island (+61)'. (paulieuk)
12. Unable to logon using username - have to use BAEC number instead. (bakera)

'FEATURES'
1. Bronze/Silver/Gold members have some text formatted in Bronze/Silver/Gold text as applicable. Consensus seems to be that it's pretty, but hard to see…

ENHANCEMENTS
1. Additional detail of flights on Front Page (Markie)
2. Scroll back of transactions goes to October 2018 (Markie)
3. Household account redemptions appear differently, with pro-rate Avios transferred from other members into the head of HHA/redeeming member's account, then the total deducted. (sunshinebob) https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33741742-post407.html
Print Wikipost

13Nov pm - 17Nov am : BAEC account maintenance - cannot login or spend Avios

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2021, 2:47 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by KARFA
This really is dire. And BA's silence just makes it worse. I would have hoped they would send an email out by now apologising for the delay and that it was taking longer than the (already excessive) 3 day planned downtime - but perhaps they can't even send an email to all exec members atm.
disregard

Last edited by Nephoi; Nov 21, 2021 at 3:28 am Reason: was misinformed
Old Nov 21, 2021, 2:47 am

Programs: BA, Air NZ, Qantas
Originally Posted by earlscourtflyer
my flight from Las Palmas on 13th November has just been credited
Do credits occur throughout the day or do they update overnight or at a specific time?
Old Nov 21, 2021, 2:50 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by air_boi
Do credits occur throughout the day or do they update overnight or at a specific time?
I'm hoping in this instance throughout the day as partner just checked his account and his avios and tier points have not yet been credited despite being on the same booking reference
Old Nov 21, 2021, 3:25 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by rebgrah
Has anyone had any luck with booking reward flights over the phone in the past week?
I had booked the outbound leg of my reward flight using an Amex Companion voucher a couple of weeks ago. The return date I want comes available on Monday, wondering if it’s a lost cause!
Yes, booked a return reward leg early hours of Saturday on the phone without a problem. Shows fine in MMB.
Old Nov 21, 2021, 3:26 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Nephoi
but they can change the homepage and let us know. or they can give out a press statement. i have seen neither of these things. and i can only imagine why. but most propably we all know why. it has been said before here....

this makes me sad by the way. really really sad.
like this?

Nephoi likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2021, 3:28 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Tdgraves
like this?

havent seen that updated text. thank you! in the german version of ba.com its:

"Der Executive Club ist vorübergehend nicht verfügbar, während wir einige geplante Verbesserungen vornehmen. Wir arbeiten daran, alles so schnell wie möglich wieder zum Laufen zu bringen." which google translates to "The Executive Club is temporarily unavailable while we are making some planned improvements. We are working to get everything back up and running as soon as possible."
Old Nov 21, 2021, 4:02 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
I have flights due to credit and I have forward bookings. Whilst not everything is there (flight credits), I am not worrying.

Some people seem to be very concerned to the point of freaking out that everything is not present and correct right now. Yes, it's frustrating, but contacting BA to get flights credited or worrying about bookings not appearing in the app (if it's still in MMB, all good) is pointless until the dust settles. Keep calm
Old Nov 21, 2021, 4:48 am

Programs: BA Exec Club
I'm unable to log in by desktop and get the same message as above - very unhelpful.
Old Nov 21, 2021, 5:21 am

Programs: BMI/SQ/AFKL/PC RAmbo®/Oyster/B&Q
Originally Posted by earlscourtflyer
my flight from Las Palmas on 13th November has just been credited

.......nice one .

My flight from LPA on the 12th still hasnt
Old Nov 21, 2021, 6:25 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Still not working for me......isn't it over a week now??

A short email from BAEC would be the least they could do....
Old Nov 21, 2021, 7:00 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
2 out of 9 flights flown since nov 8 have posted, and they are not in any sort of order (BCN-LHR of a BCN-LHR-LAX) and a LHR-LIS as part of a DEN-LHR-LIS.
Nephoi likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2021, 9:15 am

Programs: BAEC GGL
Can't log in through the home page today, so tried to make a booking with the app. It failed due to "could not load payment method".

So I tried on the web page logging in half way through (as recommended by the denizens of this parish). This worked like a dream. If anything it was quicker than before the changes (perhaps no one else is using the web site). The only problem was managing the booking afterwards, adding flights to calendar did not work on the old UI (worked fine on the new UI but I am more used to the old one).

I am shocked, shocked to the core, that adding a car to my booking in 3 days time did not reduce the total price as often happens but I guess I can't complain *too* much about that.
Old Nov 21, 2021, 9:16 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by cupsandsaucers
I don't know how anyone is logging in at all. on the website I just get this.

I don't understand; this is what the website does normally, when it is "working."
BearX220 and abligh like this.
Old Nov 21, 2021, 9:20 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by PAL62V
Looking towards the inevitable screw up and BA's refusal to engage, I have just done a screenshot from the app of my upcoming bookings. While they are still there.....

Ironically, in my work I have a saying when things are a bit pear-shaped that if this show was an aircraft, I am not sure I'd be getting on board. I hope the same can't be said for BA's IT dept.
Surprisingly (or thankfully), the actual operational side of the airline, by that I mean the mechanical and repair work, the C-Checks, etc., seem to be well done by BA. There have also been a number of very scary incidents that have occurred over the years, that BA flight crews have overcome. I feel safe flying on BA.

But the IT is unacceptably poor.
Nephoi likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2021, 9:48 am

still can't log in online
App is working.
One reward flight credited (ineligible flight) from 14th.
Awaiting RJ flights to credit from 14th and 18th. Not holding out too much hope (some prevous RJ flights have required chasing at time when everything was working fine, so can't imagine anything is going to credit now, but will chase up in December!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.