Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

13Nov pm - 17Nov am : BAEC account maintenance - cannot login or spend Avios

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 17, 2021, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
BUGS
1. Promotion to Gold Guest List (Markie)
2. More Gold Upgrades for 2 than there should be (Markie)
3. Flight details have same date for posting as for flight (Markie)
4. American Airline reward flights do not show and cannot be booked online(not sure if they can be booked by phone)
5. Combining avios points with IB is not possible. (alexphj)
6. TP collection year end on landing page shows card expiry date (i.e. end of following month). Correct under 'My Account' sub-menu. (NWIFlyer)
7. No household account although underlying data appears to still be there (many)
8. language set to english (german not available) (Nephoi)
9. AA Business R class domestic flight shows as Economy(R), but properly credits Avios+TP (El_Duderito)
10. Booking reference doesn’t display for partner flights eve though the tag is there (MaxFlyer)
11. Adding/editing contact phone number (for pax and/or additional contact) to 'Australia (+61)' once saved becomes 'Christmas Island (+61)'. (paulieuk)
12. Unable to logon using username - have to use BAEC number instead. (bakera)

'FEATURES'
1. Bronze/Silver/Gold members have some text formatted in Bronze/Silver/Gold text as applicable. Consensus seems to be that it's pretty, but hard to see…

ENHANCEMENTS
1. Additional detail of flights on Front Page (Markie)
2. Scroll back of transactions goes to October 2018 (Markie)
3. Household account redemptions appear differently, with pro-rate Avios transferred from other members into the head of HHA/redeeming member's account, then the total deducted. (sunshinebob) https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33741742-post407.html
Print Wikipost

13Nov pm - 17Nov am : BAEC account maintenance - cannot login or spend Avios

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2021, 7:22 am

Unable to log in, getting the "Improvements" message. They have however removed the November 17 date and replaced it with..... no date. Scary.
SxMan likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 7:28 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by PJSMITH0
Silly question but couldn't this work have been done earlier in the year when most of us couldn't travel.
It's probably a big ploy to give everyone another extension without having to blame Covid..... AGAIN!!
zat_dude, SxMan and Nephoi like this.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 7:29 am

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
So when do I qualify for EC261 compensation?

Unbooked holiday for next Friday - might just go for EasyJet at this rate…
Nephoi likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 7:35 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, A3*S, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
The text changed :P
The Executive Club is temporarily unavailable while we make some planned improvements. We’re working hard to get everything back up and running as soon as possible.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 7:38 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by Chiller3333
The text changed :P
I'm surprised they don't just take the same approach to their phone lines, and shut your device down after showing that message...
Old Nov 18, 2021, 7:43 am

Programs: BA Gold, BA AMEX PP, Amex Platinum
I do hope they get it sorted by the 18th December or the next Sale. 🙄

Luckily { or unluckily for me ) my flight home next week from AYT is with Pegasus. Dirty plane, cardboard sandwiches and they ran out of loo roll on the way out, but on the plus side, IFE and Mrs Geek and I got 3 seats each.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 7:51 am

Programs: BA: ex-Silver, now Blue. VS: Gold
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
I have to say I really feel for the IT team in this case. It's an awful sinking feeling when the (probably already padded) deadline is approaching and testing is still throwing up anomalies or a load service isn't working as planned. It takes a cool head to manage a team in this situation whilst also managing the client expectation when, in fact, you don't actually know when the issue will be resolved.
I've heard a rumour* that service load is exactly the issue. They've slowly been trying to open the taps again but whenever they do so, the servers start running out of resources unexpectedly quickly and the system has to be shut down again.

And there are a bunch of very stressed techies out there. But you probably already knew that.

* Disclaimer: Third or fourth-hand rumour and detail has undoubtedly been lost in transit. I am not a BA employee. Past performance is no guide to future success. YMMV. Always read the label.
SxMan likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 7:55 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Flaps Down
I've heard a rumour* that service load is exactly the issue. They've slowly been trying to open the taps again but whenever they do so, the servers start running out of resources unexpectedly quickly and the system has to be shut down again.

And there are a bunch of very stressed techies out there. But you probably already knew that.

* Disclaimer: Third or fourth-hand rumour and detail has undoubtedly been lost in transit. I am not a BA employee. Past performance is no guide to future success. YMMV. Always read the label.
Much hilarity. Take systems offline for a number of days, not allowing anyone to book anything with Avios, surprise when they turn it back on and people want to make Avios bookings.

Hmmmmm...
Old Nov 18, 2021, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!

Too many BAEC Gold Members … it’s been said here often in the past! 😀
Flaps Down likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 8:28 am

Programs: BAEC: Bronze; Marriott: Gold

No excuse. Performance Engineering should have taken place in a near-prod environment prior to the final migration.
Dave_C, GaxxyFlyer and Nephoi like this.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 8:38 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Was able to log into the app using my android and was pleased to see the little aircraft that always seemed to be on a random flight somewhere on the ‘My Account’ page has been placed back on the tier point track. If it took them four days just to achieve that then, personally, I’m glad caused it always bugged me (was it the same for everyone else?)

Recent transactions page looks fresh and updated with gold trim too!
Old Nov 18, 2021, 8:45 am

Programs: BA Pyrite
Originally Posted by Jackanory
Was able to log into the app using my android and was pleased to see the little aircraft that always seemed to be on a random flight somewhere on the ‘My Account’ page has been placed back on the tier point track.
Mine is still off on its random flight on iOS. But yes, logged back in on the app.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 8:48 am

Programs: BA Gold / HH Diamond / FB Platinium / SPG Gold / Marriott nothing
Up and running again

Just logged in using the app on my iPhone.
It works but unfortunately I am not GGL for life anymore. I quite liked that bug!
yellow_peril and TTmex like this.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 8:50 am

Programs: BA Gold (Emerald); Hilton Gold; IHG Platinum; Marriott Gold; Radisson Gold
Originally Posted by asr2999
Just logged in using the app on my iPhone.
It works but unfortunately I am not GGL for life anymore. I quite liked that bug!
It's been on and off on the app all day - but the website still doesn't work and the phone agents can't access accounts to make or ticket bookings using Avios.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 9:01 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
The "recent transactions" page in my android app looks really cool. Like the addition of the gold colour there and the arrows to open and close each part.

I will add that my Saturday AA flight from DFW to MEX hasn't posted yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.