Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

13Nov pm - 17Nov am : BAEC account maintenance - cannot login or spend Avios

Old Nov 17, 2021, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
BUGS
1. Promotion to Gold Guest List (Markie)
2. More Gold Upgrades for 2 than there should be (Markie)
3. Flight details have same date for posting as for flight (Markie)
4. American Airline reward flights do not show and cannot be booked online(not sure if they can be booked by phone)
5. Combining avios points with IB is not possible. (alexphj)
6. TP collection year end on landing page shows card expiry date (i.e. end of following month). Correct under 'My Account' sub-menu. (NWIFlyer)
7. No household account although underlying data appears to still be there (many)
8. language set to english (german not available) (Nephoi)
9. AA Business R class domestic flight shows as Economy(R), but properly credits Avios+TP (El_Duderito)
10. Booking reference doesnt display for partner flights eve though the tag is there (MaxFlyer)
11. Adding/editing contact phone number (for pax and/or additional contact) to 'Australia (+61)' once saved becomes 'Christmas Island (+61)'. (paulieuk)
12. Unable to logon using username - have to use BAEC number instead. (bakera)

'FEATURES'
1. Bronze/Silver/Gold members have some text formatted in Bronze/Silver/Gold text as applicable. Consensus seems to be that it's pretty, but hard to see

ENHANCEMENTS
1. Additional detail of flights on Front Page (Markie)
2. Scroll back of transactions goes to October 2018 (Markie)
3. Household account redemptions appear differently, with pro-rate Avios transferred from other members into the head of HHA/redeeming member's account, then the total deducted. (sunshinebob) https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33741742-post407.html
Print Wikipost

13Nov pm - 17Nov am : BAEC account maintenance - cannot login or spend Avios

Old Nov 18, 2021, 2:53 am

Programs: BAEC: Bronze; Marriott: Gold
Originally Posted by Dave_C
Sorry, I totally disagree here as someone that works in IT.

The Exec Club system isn't that large a database. Yes there are 10's of millions of members, but the transaction rate has to be pretty low. Many, many large companies have many orders of magnitude larger database platforms with web front ends that have zero perceptible down-time during upgrades and migrations. The only reason they've taken it down for so long is that they're cheap. Probably why it's over-run too.
I totally agree. As head of IT Architecture in a household name I wouldn't dare propose a 4 day outage to my CTO for any migration. In this day and age there are many tried and tested methods of migration including the use of delta's in order to provide near zero downtime.
Dave_C and becks1 like this.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 2:53 am

Programs: British Airways
understanding a bit how complex the IT infrastructure is not only at BA I would be surprised if the access would be back before december. My guess is that BA is still using very old database systems and have not really adapted what Cloud Software is about. Look at all the glitches on their website and mobile app.
However why such a poor customer service? Instead of updating that it will take longer there is still the absurd message that the access shall be back by yesterday.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 3:04 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR; TK Elite; ITA Executive; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
GGL line now processing all Avios related transactions manually over the phone - looks like they restored their full access to Avios accounts (but for customers not yet).
crazy8534 likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 3:11 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GFL / Marriott TFL Amb
Agreed that in this day and age a 5 day plus outage is very poor!

As of this morning you are unable to manage a flight using PNR and surname, GGL instructed to go to airport early to check in (along with everyone else!)

Very very poor
becks1 likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 3:13 am

Still cannot login via the iPhone app and although last night I was able to log in on the website - that has came and gone...
Old Nov 18, 2021, 3:14 am
HB7

Programs: BA Exec Club, SIA KrisFlyer, Qantas FF, Emirates Skywards
Why can't BA at least put out a message to say sorry and give us an estimate as to when systems will be returned? To me, the airline's services continue to deteriorate and it just seems like a lot of these issues are avoidable, but no one cares. Whether it is this issue, waiting hours on the phone (if they don't hang up on you) to do something that should be able to be done online, horrendous check-in queues at their own home airport/terminal or below par catering in premium cabins - it just seems like a rubbish airline charging premium prices.

I'm just struggling to understand how any of this is acceptable. Does Sean Doyle or his team actually care?
becks1 likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 3:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by HB7
Why can't BA at least put out a message to say sorry and give us an estimate as to when systems will be returned?
They have given us an estimate. Then another estimate. And then another estimate.

I think that comes a point when it is only sensible to stop making a fool of yourself by offering more promises which you (rightly) suspect you will not deliver on.
skiaplg likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 3:25 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by fliegwech
understanding a bit how complex the IT infrastructure is not only at BA I would be surprised if the access would be back before december. My guess is that BA is still using very old database systems and have not really adapted what Cloud Software is about. Look at all the glitches on their website and mobile app.
However why such a poor customer service? Instead of updating that it will take longer there is still the absurd message that the access shall be back by yesterday.
Old systems or not, there shouldnt be down time; issues should be caught in any one of multiple pre-production environments if they are following a proper software development lifecycle process.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 3:27 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GFL / Marriott TFL Amb
BA management dont care at all, they are a company that know the cost of everything and the value of nothing.

I wouldnt expect to see app or website working this week!
Old Nov 18, 2021, 3:30 am

Programs: BAEC bouncing from Blue to Gold to Blue VSFC Red CXGreen Club Accor Platinum Hilton Silver.
I managed to get into my account by "booking" a flight and the use the Avios discount link to access my account, one of 2 flights taken on the 10th (BA) is in the account posted the 12th the other (AA) is not. And nor is my return flights yesterday but that's not a surprise. I guess it's a legacy page I managed to view just now.

John
Old Nov 18, 2021, 3:35 am

Programs: BA, Accor, Hilton, ITA
Originally Posted by 81romeo
GGL line now processing all Avios related transactions manually over the phone - looks like they restored their full access to Avios accounts (but for customers not yet).
Was just on to GGL this morning as using the back door I saw 2 Avios seats open up for an upgrade for a flight we are taking on Saturday. They processed it all OK thank goodness! Theyd been having problems on the public portal also and didnt know about the back door!
81romeo likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 3:42 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by anotherpax
BA management dont care at all, they are a company that know the cost of everything and the value of nothing.

I wouldnt expect to see app or website working this week!
I love a bit of Oscar Wilde in the morning.
I’m a bit of an old girl now and semi retired. I began my IT career when all we had were mainframes and a few mid-range were just creeping in. The mainframes were complex beasts but also very simple; always and I mean ALWAYS the same result for the same data through the same application. Later on I moved into management and I do feel for the techies now. Everything is so complex and integrated. I regard cloud and web based applications as random error generators because that’s how they appear.
I suspect we have a situation where one or several of the many integration points could not be adequately simulated in test. It may have been cost but I have also literally encountered a situation where you can’t test something until it is in production.
I have no idea what’s happened here and I hope they can fix forward. With all the user access and transactions that have been managed since yesterday I don’t see how they can go back.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 3:44 am

Programs: BAEC Gold/ Skywards Gold/Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by 81romeo
Not for Gold members, just called and unless I am travelling with next 72 hours nothing they can do to help with my cancelled flight.
becks1 likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 3:47 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by orbitmic
They have given us an estimate. Then another estimate. And then another estimate.

I think that comes a point when it is only sensible to stop making a fool of yourself by offering more promises which you (rightly) suspect you will not deliver on.
When logging in, the front page still says :-

The Executive Club is temporarily unavailable while we make some planned improvements. Everything should be back up and running for Wednesday 17 November.

It really is amateur hour. Just remove the second sentence.
Beergander and 86BA7 like this.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 3:53 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club RIP,BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
When logging in, the front page still says :-

The Executive Club is temporarily unavailable while we make some planned improvements. Everything should be back up and running for Wednesday 17 November.

It really is amateur hour. Just remove the second sentence.
no just add the year

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.