Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

13Nov pm - 17Nov am : BAEC account maintenance - cannot login or spend Avios

Old Nov 17, 2021, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
BUGS
1. Promotion to Gold Guest List (Markie)
2. More Gold Upgrades for 2 than there should be (Markie)
3. Flight details have same date for posting as for flight (Markie)
4. American Airline reward flights do not show and cannot be booked online(not sure if they can be booked by phone)
5. Combining avios points with IB is not possible. (alexphj)
6. TP collection year end on landing page shows card expiry date (i.e. end of following month). Correct under 'My Account' sub-menu. (NWIFlyer)
7. No household account although underlying data appears to still be there (many)
8. language set to english (german not available) (Nephoi)
9. AA Business R class domestic flight shows as Economy(R), but properly credits Avios+TP (El_Duderito)
10. Booking reference doesn’t display for partner flights eve though the tag is there (MaxFlyer)
11. Adding/editing contact phone number (for pax and/or additional contact) to 'Australia (+61)' once saved becomes 'Christmas Island (+61)'. (paulieuk)
12. Unable to logon using username - have to use BAEC number instead. (bakera)

'FEATURES'
1. Bronze/Silver/Gold members have some text formatted in Bronze/Silver/Gold text as applicable. Consensus seems to be that it's pretty, but hard to see…

ENHANCEMENTS
1. Additional detail of flights on Front Page (Markie)
2. Scroll back of transactions goes to October 2018 (Markie)
3. Household account redemptions appear differently, with pro-rate Avios transferred from other members into the head of HHA/redeeming member's account, then the total deducted. (sunshinebob) https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33741742-post407.html
Print Wikipost

13Nov pm - 17Nov am : BAEC account maintenance - cannot login or spend Avios

Old Nov 17, 2021, 8:56 am

Programs: BA GGL; Virgin Gold; HHonors Lifetime Diamond
How do you get the GGL for life error to happen? I’m having no trouble getting all the other bugs to happen so it’s really just that one I need a hand to replicate
Old Nov 17, 2021, 8:57 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
At 15.55 UK time, 17/11, I could not get in via Firefox on W10, but got in via Bing on W10.. It allowed a full dummy booking. Or, in my case, a dummy doing the booking??
Old Nov 17, 2021, 9:00 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR; TK Elite; ITA Executive; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by Splotly
How do you get the GGL for life error to happen? I’m having no trouble getting all the other bugs to happen so it’s really just that one I need a hand to replicate
Looks like all Golds For Life have been upgraded to GGL for Life. Still not sure this is intentional or an error. But might be intentional, who knows!
Old Nov 17, 2021, 9:00 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Slow at getting in on the desktop site. Can see bookings, but can't access them. Still Gold as well.

Error

• There is currently no access to your account while we upgrade our system. Please visit the information page to find out how this may affect you. We apologise for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience.

Find out more.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 9:01 am

Programs: BA GGL; Virgin Gold; HHonors Lifetime Diamond
What the heck does “Buyer doesn’t have an active GF Frequent Flyer scheme” mean??? I only clicked on manage my booking - has some clown re-wired that button to goodness knows what
Old Nov 17, 2021, 9:08 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by bobhope2
ERROR

You would think after four days it would work.
ERROR
Old Nov 17, 2021, 9:09 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Hello fellow Beta testers...

Still silver for me, which is a bummer as I would quite like to have tried the CCR before my DXB flight tomorrow (...leaves that hanging in case anyone wants to guest me out of sympathy )

Things seem to be mostly back to normal on desktop, but I can't login to the app - still tells me BAEC is unavailable due to upgrades. Same with the rewards/shopping app...

4.30 hours till OLCI opens for me. Not sitting comfortably yet...
Old Nov 17, 2021, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by 81romeo
Looks like all Golds For Life have been upgraded to GGL for Life. Still not sure this is intentional or an error. But might be intentional, who knows!
Most definitely not all...
Old Nov 17, 2021, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
And it's down again (unsurprisingly...)
Markie and londonba2014 like this.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by clubman
And it's down again (unsurprisingly...)
Some things are progressively coming back. On the home page, after logging in:-
  1. your name is now showing in the top right; and
  2. the coloured BAEC stripe/ribbon (I don't know what its technical name is) is now back, so you can open the drop-down, see the core information at once, and use the selection of quick links on the right hand side.
And I've finally been able to do an award availability search.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 9:34 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
BA IT and associated management have outdone themselves again. Pat yourselves on the back.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 9:38 am

Programs: BA GGL, AA PLT, VS-curious
Interesting that some are getting some responsiveness. Still nothing here, either on the website or the app, even after deleting and redownloading.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 9:42 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by Globaliser
Some things are progressively coming back. On the home page, after logging in:-
  1. your name is now showing in the top right; and
  2. the coloured BAEC stripe/ribbon (I don't know what its technical name is) is now back, so you can open the drop-down, see the core information at once, and use the selection of quick links on the right hand side.
And I've finally been able to do an award availability search.
well lucky you... having said that, the error message I'm getting has now changed. Not convinced that's progress, but maybe worthy of note.

Also noticed that my name is generally not showing up next to the little person sign top left of screen (and it's not anywhere else either).

After 4 days of being offline this really is a mess...

Programs: BA Gold, Avis President
The one thing you can't do is piss off all your Executive Club members....
MaxFlyer and u01sss3 like this.

Programs: BAEC Silver, Delta Platinum medallion
It’s down again - Safari browser at 16.42

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.