Wiki Posts
Search

Terminal 5 Queues at 5am

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2021, 2:59 am
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
No they are still in use, and so are the self serve baggage points. The latter is somewhat dented by the extended need to check documentation so I'm not sure why they are bothering with that at the moment, but is is in use.
As mentioned in another thread, I have flown FR and EZY for a few flights recently (airport convenience more than anything). If you do OLCI with both these airlines and have no bags to check you can go straight through security to the gate. Any test results / docs check for the destination country is done at the gate by these airlines - does this not happen with BA now?

Incidentally on all these recent flights there have been about 3-6 people turned away at the gate on the outbound from STN because they did not have the required test to get into the destination country or on the inbound to the UK, had not completed the PLF and pre-booked their day 2 test. Each time trying to claim, "but we didn't know" or shouting at the GA, "but you don't have to if you have a UK passport". Baffling why people just don't read the rules
EDIwanderer likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 5:10 am
Kwi

Programs: BAEC - Blue AND Chief Taster for Walkers Crisps
How have the queues been at LHR today? (especially Terminal 5)
Just wondering if there were much larger queues today with the opening up of US
Fly on Thursday and not sure to allow extra time or not.
Cheers
Old Nov 8, 2021, 5:21 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Kwi
How have the queues been at LHR today? (especially Terminal 5)
Just wondering if there were much larger queues today with the opening up of US
Fly on Thursday and not sure to allow extra time or not.
Cheers
I had to wait around 10 minutes this morning to get into the First wing at 0730, then queueing on both sides of security for 4-5 minutes. Seemed to have calmed down significantly versus 30-60 mins earlier when a colleague went through..
Kwi and Tobias-UK like this.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 11:58 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
I arrived around 8.30 at T5 this morning. Actually getting to the airport from the M25 and into long stay parking took a bit longer than normal, and once in the terminal, the Club queues were about 3 tensabarrier rows deep - so quite substantial. Queue of approx 5 for F checkin at that time

I didn't see the queues in the other sections of the terminal but I think it's worth probably giving it an extra 20-30 mins just in case this week

As another point, there seemed to be quite a lot of disruption to services due to the additional aircraft movements. Seems that Ground Ops weren't running quite as smoothly as before.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 1:34 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald), TK Elite (*A Gold)
Originally Posted by Mekko
I had to wait around 10 minutes this morning to get into the First wing at 0730, then queueing on both sides of security for 4-5 minutes. Seemed to have calmed down significantly versus 30-60 mins earlier when a colleague went through..
Are the reports of queues at First Wing I read a Covid thing, or was it normal in the past too? I've only been using the First Wing since August but haven't had to wait once at security. This is what makes it perhaps the best Gold benefit to me, but wondering if I've just been lucky each time?
Old Nov 11, 2021, 12:31 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite

This is the First Wing queue which I joined at 07:25 this morning. Not ideal, but if this is the worst thing that happens to me today I’ll be happy this evening.
Old Nov 11, 2021, 1:17 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by BerksFlyer
This is the First Wing queue which I joined at 07:25 this morning. Not ideal, but if this is the worst thing that happens to me today I’ll be happy this evening.
Was this the queue for security or for check-in? I joined a short queue at TFW a few weeks ago, only to find I could have just walked straight through to security as I was HBO.
Old Nov 11, 2021, 1:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
Was this the queue for security or for check-in? I joined a short queue at TFW a few weeks ago, only to find I could have just walked straight through to security as I was HBO.

hi

Given the size of some of the suitcases of the people in front I will take a guess that this was the queue to checkin

Regards

Tbs
Old Nov 11, 2021, 2:06 am

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
hi

Given the size of some of the suitcases of the people in front I will take a guess that this was the queue to checkin

Regards

Tbs
I wondered who'd be the first to spot that, Wilson ... 😁
Old Nov 11, 2021, 11:02 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite
This was the queue for check in. Sadly the VeriFLY info hasn’t made it into BA systems so I needed to suffer the queue.

To be fair to the staff in the FW we’re excellent and we were through quicker than the queue had me fear.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.